Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Can Syria avoid sliding into 'catastrophic civil war'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can Syria avoid sliding into 'catastrophic civil war'?

Who says i did and am doing nothing? What do you know of what i do and do not do? I did plenty then and am doing plenty now but ending this endless cycle of imperialism is not a one man job. I used to find some substance in your posts Bell but not anymore..all you wana do now is badmouth people and antagonize but hey its not like the mods are gona do anything so go ahead and fire away-your not the first puccycat i have had to ignore.
    Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
    While you do nothing (just like you did nothing to protest the Iraq invasion).
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      Man this thing is like Iraq 2 dejavue. The USA press and the zionist pigs are saying that Syria is using chemical weapons. You know the whole reason we went to war with Iraq but o yeh there were no such weapons then and that was not the real reason we went to war was it..I hope the other world powers put a stop to this BS and that Syria can recover as a country. Now that Hezaballah is moving to Syria i will bet that Isreal willl attack Lebanan again. This xxxx needs to be stopped!
      Syria is a turning into a nice little bloodbath for those Islamist goons and if you ask me the FSA are slowly losing the war.

If Assad falls this weakens Russia/Iran and the Islamists will likely expand the war into Iraq/Lebanon. However if Assad manages to hold out then it will weaken the Islamists. Hence the West is going to keep on pouring fuel on the fire in order to keep the show on the road. However it's the Joos, Turks and Arabs in the south are really behind this mess and who knows maybe further annexations of Syrian lands by the Kurds and Joos are on the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        Who says i did and am doing nothing? What do you know of what i do and do not do? I did plenty then and am doing plenty now but ending this endless cycle of imperialism is not a one man job. I used to find some substance in your posts Bell but not anymore..all you wana do now is badmouth people and antagonize but hey its not like the mods are gona do anything so go ahead and fire away-your not the first puccycat i have had to ignore.
        So what have you done - "you" as in Armenians in general, and "you" as you in particular?

All you seem to do here nowadays is go on and on about your current bugbear, "imperialism" (whatever that is).

As for Armenians in general, they have done nothing. Lots of bombastic marching and mouthing off over an almost 100-year old genocide of Armenians, but not a whisper about the ongoing genocide in Syria, or the one that happened in Iraq. And you were all cheering in support of NATO's invasion of Serbia, the event that started America on the road to being the world's main terrorist state.
        Last edited by bell-the-cat; 04-26-2013, 06:25 PM.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

As for Armenians in general, they have done nothing. Lots of bombastic marching and mouthing off over an almost 100-year old genocide of Armenians, but not a whisper about the ongoing genocide in Syria, or the one that happened in Iraq.
          Armenia is only a small nation and what exactly would you have the Armenians do about Syria?

Comment

I cannot speak for all armenians. I do what i can and yes i do wish other armenians did more to and some do. I never cheered the invasion and bombings of Serbia-that whole war was a discusting violation of sovriegnty and human rites on both sides. I wish the armenians of syria would side with the government and be more active but i am not them and they have many things to worry about - things that we may not be aware of. If you generalize like you do here you will hurt your own arguments regardless of the subject.
            So what have you done - "you" as in Armenians in general, and "you" as you in particular?

All you seem to do here nowadays is go on and on about your current bugbear, "imperialism" (whatever that is).

As for Armenians in general, they have done nothing. Lots of bombastic marching and mouthing off over an almost 100-year old genocide of Armenians, but not a whisper about the ongoing genocide in Syria, or the one that happened in Iraq. And you were all cheering in support of NATO's invasion of Serbia, the event that started America on the road to being the world's main terrorist state.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Bashar Al-Assad is actually a reformer who has done much to further the causes of democracy and freedom. however his reforms were never talked about in the media whether the Arabic or the Western one

The foreign backed “revolutionaries” would attack a neighborhood, police station, or army base, from across the borders of Lebanon, Jordan, Turkey, and Iraq. Then they would claim that the city was in rebellion.

But the Syrians, seeing the same lies in all the western and Arab news stations, and the exiled rotten officials adopting the ‘revolution’, mostly took an anti-revolution stance. That is why whenever the rebels would infest a town or city you would immediately hear of a massacre to punish the residents for not supporting them. Of course the mainstream media would claim that it was Assad forces punishing the town that dared to oppose him!

Assad took advantage of the revolution to introduce his packages of reforms, putting aside those in the old guards who opposed them. Many of the old guard then joined the opposition abroad. the opposition demanded the removal of article 8 from the Syrian constitution making the Baath Party head of the government. Instead of just deleting it Bashar Assad had the constitution re-written by a specialized committee of Syrian experts from all parties in Syria and with input from all Syrians.

A referendum was held and the new constitution was approved with almost 90% of a voter turnout of 60%. Assad then enacted a Media Law that would allow more freedom of expression and the establishment of new independent media outlets. Assad eased requirements on the formation of political parties, excluding sectarian based parties. We now have at least nine new political parties. Municipal elections were held in December 2011. Many of those who won seats were assassinated or threatened throughout the country by the same revolutionaries who claimed to want democracy. Parliamentary elections were held in May 2012 with no eligibility restraints on the candidates.

Many new members of parliament have also been assassinated by the FSA including the wife and three daughters of parliament elect trustee Abdulla Mishleb in the infamous Houla massacre which is another lie about the Syrian regime.

it is true when I or anyone else say that the massacres against the Syrian Civilians is committed by the FSA and the blame would later be put on the Syrian Arab Army with the cover of the Arab media.
              the media was and is a main factor in whats going on in Syria, many fake reports were used at the beginning to inspire people to go out to streets, example: you would see a huge crowd protesting in streets and claimed to have been taking place in Syria while you can see Tunisian flag on a top of a building in the same video. Al Jazeera has many times showed Syrian people holding protest signs with anti-bashar slogans and an x marked photos for Bashar but it was in fact an edited photos of pro-Assad Syrians take a look at the following photo to see what I am talking about:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Al Jazeera .jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	538958
              notice the protest signs in the photo on the left which was used by Al Jazeera has the same font while the real one.... well just look at it and see for yourself

another example they would also show an actual huge crowd of Syrian people in streets but would mute the sound claiming this is anti-assad protesters and one could find the same video with the audio in which you can hear this huge crowd shouting "Allah, Soryia, Bashar w bas" which is a slogan for an infinitive support of Bashar putting his name next to the name of God and the name of the Country.

what happens in Syria is pure western agenda supported by their regional Arab allies, the "Iranian-shia"-Sunni factor has been widely used by the western propaganda to inflame this and to have people deceived and believe that what's going on is a true revolution against a repressive dictatorial regime.

Russia should do more, sending S-300 anti air defense system to Syria would make the military solution the Satan's dream for the west and the Arab puppet countries. Iran should harass Qatar the main Arab country supporter of the terrorists whether with weapons or diplomacy in international level.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by CilicianArch; 05-07-2013, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Report: Terrorist Groups in Syria Recruiting Azeri Nationals
                Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 23:21:47 PDT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FARS News Agency, Iran
                May 14, 2013 Tuesday

Report: Terrorist Groups in Syria Recruiting Azeri Nationals

TEHRAN (FNA)- Terrorist groups are funneling Azeri nationals into
                Syria via Turkey to boost their terrorist attacks on Damascus, local
                media reports disclosed on Tuesday.

A report by Azeri ANS TV network unveiled shocking details on how
                extremist groups in Syria, including Takfiri and Wahhabi jihadists,
                are using different tactics to dispatch Azeri citizens from
                Azerbaijan's Northern cities of Zaqatala and Qusar to Turkey and then
                to Syria to conduct terrorist operations against the Syrian nation and
                government.

A majority of the people in the two regions, located near Azerbaijan's
                borders with the Russian Republic of Dagestan, are Sunni Muslims and
                extremist groups in Syria have rearranged their plans to recruit men
                from these two regions after people in the mainland gave a cold
                shoulder to the extremist groups' offer of the so-called Jihad in
                Syria.

"I am upset that my son has been sent to Syria by the Wahhabis. If he
                is to take part in any war, he would have been better off if he had
                been sent to Karabakh to fight against the Armenians and not the
                Syrian Muslims," the mother of a young Azeri who has been sent to
                Syria told ANS TV.

Similar media reports unveiled in March that militants from Russia's
                North Caucasus have joined terrorist groups in Syria.

While Moscow has been one of Assad's main protectors, members of an
                Islamist insurgency involved in daily clashes in Russia's
                predominantly Muslim North Caucasus and their compatriots have
                trickled into Syria to join the terrorists.

In a recently distributed video, Omar Abu al-Chechen urged fellow
                Muslims to support the 'jihad' against Syrian President Bashar
                al-Assad.

The video highlights the role militants from the volatile North
                Caucasus region now play in Syria's civil war, fighting a government
                that has been backed by Russia and staunchly protected by President
                Vladimir Putin.

Syrian rebels confirmed separately that he is in Syria and the leader
                of the brigade. His real name was not clear.

Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                X