Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Fascist USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fascist USA

The Patriot Act, NDAA, Illegal drone strikes all spell one thing and that is the complete conversion of the USA into a fascist state. Laws, personal liberty, right and wrong, humanity, fairness..along with a bunch of other things are all now history. Media reporters have no freedom and lose their jobs for reporting facts. Protesters are charged with felony for simply protesting. Obviously special interest rules this country and it wants to make dead sure that nothing and no one will stop it. It is ok to torture and illegal to expose it. What is the progression of this society going to look like and what does it mean for the world? One thing is for sure and that is the change we need is not going to come from government if it comes at all. I wonder what kind of world my son is going to find himself in when he is grown.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Re: Fascist USA

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    The Patriot Act, NDAA, Illegal drone strikes all spell one thing and that is the complete conversion of the USA into a fascist state. Laws, personal liberty, right and wrong, humanity, fairness..along with a bunch of other things are all now history. Media reporters have no freedom and lose their jobs for reporting facts. Protesters are charged with felony for simply protesting. Obviously special interest rules this country and it wants to make dead sure that nothing and no one will stop it. It is ok to torture and illegal to expose it. What is the progression of this society going to look like and what does it mean for the world? One thing is for sure and that is the change we need is not going to come from government if it comes at all. I wonder what kind of world my son is going to find himself in when he is grown.
    --------- I wonder what kind of a world my son is going to fond himself in when he grows up ----------
    Good question .
    I have found zero potential parents asking this question . When cornered by me with a demand to answer than swear that direct question , they ( general population ) start making up the wildest speculation that in my opinion has no basis in reality.
    Every one I come into contact with really wants to have kids now and all else doesn't really matter .
    The only thing that matters is --- what they WANT --- .
    Self centered and shallow is an accurate discription of our world in my opinion .
    In the 1940's our planet reached one ( 1 ) billion people for the first time . About 160 weeks ago we busted seven ( 7 ) billion people .
    My personal opinion is we are five ( 5 ) years away ( approx .) to transitioning from an arithmetic progression to a geometric progression .
    My guess is a sudden overwhelming population growth followed by martial law to stem chaos , or that's what they will tell us anyway .
    Don't think it's going to be pretty .
    Artashes

Comment

After you read this article please consider what the odds are of this crime being commited in this neigborhood and that this girl is the only victim and that the killer got away without being identified.

CHICAGO A teenage girl who attended presidential inauguration activities in Washington earlier this month was shot to death at a Chicago park.

Play Video

Durbin grieves 15-year-old Chicago gun victim

Play Video

Chicago mother takes stand against gun violence

Police say 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton was shot in the back Tuesday and later died at University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital. An unidentified boy was shot in the leg and is being treated at the hospital. No arrests have been made.

Hadiya was a majorette with the King College Prep High School band, which performed at several inaugural events. CBS Chicago affiliate WBBM-TV reports she was also an honor student and volleyball player.

Police say Hadiya was one of about 12 teens under a canopy at a park to avoid the rain when a man jumped a fence, ran toward the group and opened fire. The man fled the scene in an auto. Police say the gunman was not aiming at the girl.

Witnesses told WBBM-TV that shootings are rare in the neighborhood.

"We hardly ... have any crime," said Jennifer West, who lives close to where the incident occurred. "There's been a few break-ins over the past two years since we've been here, but nothing that's ever caused alarm."

Chicago mom loses all four children to gun violence
      Chicago's deadly day: Shootings kill 7, wound 6
      Emanuel: Chicago's escalating crime about "values"

Chicago has experienced a spike in gun violence over the past couple of years, mostly motivated by gang wars. The city's homicide count eclipsed 500 last year for the first time since 2008.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Former C.I.A. Worker Says He Leaked U.S. Surveillance Data

By BRIAN KNOWLTON

Published: June 9, 2013 113 Comments

Facebook
        Twitter
        Google+
        Save
        Print
        Reprints

WASHINGTON — The British newspaper The Guardian on Sunday revealed the identity of the source of its information for a series of articles on surveillance practices by the National Security Agency.

Enlarge This Image

Ewen MacAskill/The Guardian, via Reuters

Edward Snowden in his hotel room in Hong Kong on Sunday.

Multimedia

Protecting Your Privacy

Related

How the U.S. Uses Technology to Mine More Data More Quickly (June 9, 2013)

National Twitter Logo.

Connect With Us on Twitter

Follow @NYTNational for breaking news and headlines.

Twitter List: Reporters and Editors

Readers’ Comments

Share your thoughts.
        Post a Comment »
        Read All Comments (113) »

In an article on its Web site, the newspaper identified the source as Edward Snowden, 29, a former technical assistant for the Central Intelligence Agency who has worked at the N.S.A. as an employee of outside contractors.

The British newspaper said it was revealing Mr. Snowden’s identity at his own request. It said he had decided from the moment he chose to disclose top-secret documents to the public, revealing the highly secretive data-surveillance programs, that he would not remain anonymous.

“I have no intention of hiding who I am,” he was quoted as saying, “because I know I have done nothing wrong.” But the newspaper said he was also braced for the United States government to “demonize” him.

The Guardian said that Mr. Snowden was working at the N.S.A. office in Hawaii three weeks ago when he made final preparations for his disclosures. It said he copied the documents, then advised a supervisor that he needed to be away for “a couple of weeks,” saying he required medical treatment.

He then told his girlfriend that he would be away for a few weeks.

On May 20, the newspaper reported, he boarded a flight to Hong Kong, where he remains ensconced in a luxury hotel room. He said he chose that city because of its “spirited commitment to free speech and the right of political dissent.”

The paper said Mr. Snowden, fearing that he himself would be the object of spying, lines the door of his hotel room with pillows to prevent eavesdropping.

The Guardian last week reported the existence of a secret government program that collects data from phone calls made on the Verizon network. That newspaper and The Washington Post later reported that a separate program known as Prism was being used to collect Internet data of foreigners from Internet companies like Facebook and Skype. The source of the leaks had remained a mystery, however, generating fervid speculation.

In its account of Mr. Snowden’s motivations, The Guardian described him as a man whose patriotism and deep-seated idealism about his country suffered a stinging series of disappointments, leaving him conflicted and finally pushing him to take a step some have described as treason.

After growing up in North Carolina, he moved with his family to Maryland, near N.S.A headquarters in Fort Meade.

Though he never obtained a high school diploma, he studied computing at a community college in Maryland. He enlisted in the United States Army in 2003 and began training to join the Special Forces, he told the newspaper, helping to fight in the Iraq war “to help free people from oppression.”

But his experience was dispiriting, The Guardian reported. “Most of the people training us seemed pumped up about killing Arabs, not helping anyone,” he said. Mr. Snowden broke both legs in a training accident and received a discharge.

He then got a job as a security guard at a covert N.S.A. facility at the University of Maryland, soon moving to a computer job with the C.I.A., rising with unusual speed for someone lacking a high school diploma.

The C.I.A. sent him to Geneva in 2007; he had diplomatic cover and clearance giving him access to classified documents.

But he grew disillusioned there by the tactics he saw agency operatives use in trying to recruit a man to spy on Swiss banks, and he began thinking for the first time about exposing government secrets.

He temporized, however, fearing that his disclosures might endanger someone, and hoping that the election of Barack Obama might bring greater transparency to government.

But after taking a job for a private contractor, and being assigned to an N.S.A. facility on a military base in Japan, he said he watched “as Obama advanced the very policies that I thought would be reined in,” adding, “I got hardened.”

He has gradually embraced, with ever-greater fervor, the causes of transparency and Internet freedom.

The Guardian said he had been fully transparent himself when challenged by its reporters to confirm the authenticity of the materials he provided. It said he offered his Social Security number, even his C.I.A. identity number.

Mr. Snowden said that he admired both Daniel Ellsberg, the source of the Pentagon Papers, and Bradley Manning, the Army private who has acknowledged providing huge troves of government documents in the WikiLeaks scandal.

But he drew a contrast, saying that “I carefully evaluated every single document I disclosed to ensure that each was legitimately in the public interest.” He said that “harming people isn’t my goal. Transparency is.”

Mr. Snowden said that he now hopes he might be granted asylum someplace – possibly Iceland – but that he is prepared for whatever happens.

“I feel satisfied that this was all worth it,” he said. “I have no regrets.”
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Published on Friday, June 21, 2013 by Common Dreams
          Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak Slams Surveillance State, Hails NSA
          Whistleblower Edward Snowden

Wozniak: "All these things I thought about the Constitution that made
          us so good as people -- they're kinda nothing. They all disolved with
          the Patriot Act."

- Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Steve Wozniak speaking with Piers Morgan this week. (Screenshot)
          Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has cheered NSA whistleblower Edward
          Snowden and admonished the rise of the surveillance state.

Speaking with CNN's Piers Morgan on Thursday, Wozniak expressed
          support for the whistleblower and said, "I felt about Edward Snowden
          the same way I felt about Daniel Ellsberg, who changed my life, who
          taught me a lot with a book he wrote..." He continued:

Read the facts - it's a government of, by and for the people. That sorta
          means we own the government. We're the ones that pay for it, and then
          we discover something that our money is being used for. That just
          can't be, that level of crime.
          On the proliferation of computers made possible by geniuses like him
          that enables widespread surveillance, Wozniak told Morgan:

I actually feel a little guilty about that but not totally. We created
          the computers to free the people up, give them instant communication
          anywhere in the world, any thought you could share it freely. That it
          was going to overcome a lot of the government restrictions. We didn't
          realize that in the digital world there are a lot of ways to use the
          digital technology to control us, to snoop on us. In the old days of
          mailing letters, you licked it, and when you got an envelope that was
          still sealed, nobody had seen it. You could have private
          communication. Now they say because it's e-mail it cannot be private,
          anyone can listen.
          In another recent interview, however, Wozniak offered a more in-depth
          look at his thoughts on government snooping.
          Photo: The DEMO Conference/cc/flickr

A chance run-in with Wozniak at an airport last week offered Spanish
          language technological news site FayerWayer the opportunity to get the
          tech giant's thoughts on the widespread government spying exposed by
          Snowden. In the interview, Wozniak lamented the current state of
          surveillance in the U.S..

When asked what he thought about the NSA's PRISM program, Wozniak said:

I was brought up, for example, and my dad taught me that other
          countries when they got prisoners in a war, they tortured them. But
          we Americans didn't torture them; we gave them good food and clothing
          and everything. And I was so proud of my country, you know? And now
          I find out it's just the opposite, you know.

And I just wish all these things I thought about the Constitution that
          made us so good as people -- they're kinda nothing. They all disolved
          with the Patriot Act.

There's all these laws that say we can just sorta call anything
          terrorism and do anything we want without all these rights of courts
          to get in and say we aren't doing the wrong things.

There's not even a free, open court anymore. And I read the
          Constitution and I don't know how all this stuff happened. It's so
          clear what the Constitution says. It's extremely clear in the Bill of
          Rights. One thing after another, after another. It just got
          overturned, and that's what a king does.

The king just goes out and has anyone rounded up, killed, put in
          secret prisons.

When I was brought up, I was taught that communist Russia was the ones
          that were gonna kill us and bomb our country and all this. And
          communist Russia was so bad because they followed their people, they
          snooped on them, they arrested them, they put them in secret prisons,
          they disappeared them. These kind of things were part of Russia.

You know, we're getting more and more like that. [...]

Look at the guy who just turned over the information on what the NSA
          program was.

He said that anyone like him sitting at a terminal could instantly go
          and grab all the data of anyone they felt like, with no courts [...]
          no warrants, nobody having to approve it.

That means there's a thousand people in the CIA that could just sit
          and whoever they want ... they could just go look at.

That sort of structure is wrong. But troubles come from the top.
          Watch Morgan's interview with "Woz" below:

Wozniak's interview with FayerWayer is below:
          Common Dreams has been providing breaking news & views for the progressive community since 1997. We are independent, non-profit, advertising-free and 100% reader supported. Our Mission: To inform. To inspire. To ignite change for the common good.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Some Americans are stacking ammunition deep.....no FEMA detention hangers for these boys.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
              Some Americans are stacking ammunition deep.....no FEMA detention hangers for these boys.
              Those arms will be useless against the weapons the US government has in its disposal. You can be immobilized, knocked out, killed..before you even get a chance to react. Sure having a good rifle is better then not having one but if they want you then they will get you.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Their standard procedure would be to burn you out....alone you don't stand a chance. This is why there are militias and most members are ex military and from all colors and life.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Russians admit he's there and they're NOT extraditing.
                  [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                  -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

SNOWDEN WITHDRAWS REQUEST FOR RUSSIA ASYLUM - KREMLIN

July 2, 2013 - 12:52 AMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - Edward Snowden, the former U.S. intelligence
                    contractor wanted by the United States for leaking state secrets,
                    asked for asylum in Russia but withdrew his request after hearing
                    Russia's conditions for granting it, a Kremlin spokesman said Tuesday,
                    July 2, accoridng to RIA Novosti.

"Snowden did voice a request to remain in Russia. Then, yesterday,
                    hearing President Putin outline Russia's position regarding the
                    conditions under which he could do this, he withdrew his request
                    for permission to stay in Russia," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov
                    told journalists.

On Monday evening, Putin said: "If he wants to go somewhere [another
                    country] and is accepted, he can. If he wants to stay here, there is
                    one condition: He must stop his work aimed at harming our U.S.

partners, no matter how strange this may sound coming from me."

Peskov confirmed that Snowden is in the transit zone of Moscow's
                    Sheremetyevo airport and had not crossed Russia's state border.

"He [Snowden] does not currently wish to remain in Russia," Peskov
                    said, and also stressed that Russia's secret services have never
                    worked with Snowden."He is not their agent," Peskov clarified.

Earlier on Tuesday, the WikiLeaks site published a list of 21 countries
                    to which Snowden had submitted asylum requests.

In addition to Cuba, Ecuador and Iceland, which had been rumored to
                    be his preferred destinations, the list also includes countries in
                    Western Europe such as Austria, France, Germany and Italy. China is
                    also on the list.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                    X