Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Great Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Outdoor Sports (hunting, fishing...)

Hunting has been tough so far. The unusually hi temperatures are making the deer inactive thus you have to go flush them out to find them. This kind of hunting is very difficult because you have to constantly move through thick cover to flush them out. After combing through many hard miles this weekend i did finely see a big buck but i never had a clear shot at it. All the walking has taken a toll on my knee so i am gona take a break and resume soon.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Well global warming is really starting to piss me off. Last year it ruined the icefishing season, this year it ruined my hunting season and looking at long range weather forcasts it looks like no icefishing this season either. F this crap im moving to Canada.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Another warm front is inc.Temps in the 40s thus no ice to fish till next month (i hope it will freez then). It feels so wrong looking for open water fishing in the middle of December but it seems to be the new reality. The water in the lakes is very low to. I have to go a good ways up north to find some good fishing-time for a winter road trip... global warming sux!
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Anyone do any outdoor sports that don't involve killing animals? E.g. running, hiking, off-roading, star-gazing, camping?
          [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
          -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
            Anyone do any outdoor sports that don't involve killing animals? E.g. running, hiking, off-roading, star-gazing, camping?
            The best sleep I get is when only the sky is between me and the stars.
            I love to camp. It is most common for me to leave the "commercial" trail or start from a non logical point.
            Where I camp and when I camp I meet the lives that call that place home. No high and mighty humans.
            Just us poor souls.
            As a "right of passage" I spent 5 months in the mountains of the high desert, where I saw not one other human.
            Only the ones who lived there or were compelled to live there because the man had taken all the "nice" land. I could tell many stories that I found amazing and quite unbelieveable about the lives who so few care about.
            I would rather walk down the road with a dog than most of the people I've met.

LaChaim --- to LIFE, or for LIFE ---
            Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
              The best sleep I get is when only the sky is between me and the stars.
              I love to camp. It is most common for me to leave the "commercial" trail or start from a non logical point.
              Where I camp and when I camp I meet the lives that call that place home. No high and mighty humans.
              Just us poor souls.
              As a "right of passage" I spent 5 months in the mountains of the high desert, where I saw not one other human.
              Only the ones who lived there or were compelled to live there because the man had taken all the "nice" land. I could tell many stories that I found amazing and quite unbelieveable about the lives who so few care about.
              I would rather walk down the road with a dog than most of the people I've met.

LaChaim --- to LIFE, or for LIFE ---
              Artashes
              I used to get up before first light. It was totally dark and the stars were bright. Then first light would appear. Before Old Sole would appear above the mountains , I would be on the move. The rattle snakes would be laying out motionless waiting to get warm enough to start their day. I would greet them and make it obvious that I was giving them plenty of room so as not to disturb their souls. When during the day and I had to move fast they would always "sound off" to let me know where they were.
              I had many lives that would come and greet me every day. Their company helped the loneliness of the high desert mountains greatly.
              Artashes

Comment

Never camped in a dessert before but i bet the nights would be beutiful. I camp during the summers here in Michigan usually by a lake. I took the family to fishermans island state park this year and we had a blast. My son is 8 and did not want to leave. This park is on lake michigan and you can walk to the beach from the campsite or you can get one of the campsites right on the beach. The shallow beach stretches for a mile into the lake before it drops off so you can wade for pretty rocks in anckle to knee deep water all day. Roasting marshmellows at night, hiking, fishing..plenty to do outdoors. One of the things i have noticed is how much better camping and other outdoor gear has gotten. I bought a new tent for that trip and it was very breathable and had a sheltered enterance to store gear and keep it dry-so easy to set up to.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Nice to hear someone spending time with their children. I'm seeing less and less of that as ?civilization? ????advances??? Very nice indeed. Camping is a wonderful opportunity to have personal time with the young.
                  I always climb the highest peaks and walk the top of the ridges as much as possible. Of course one always has to drop down into the crevices between the mountain chains sooner or later, but I was always heading for the next ridge. Up there the air seems clearer and crisper and the stars closer. And oh what a view.
                  In very ancient times the eastern side of the Sierras was a lake (inland sea) that stretched from southern California to Canada called -- Lake Lahauntin (sp?).
                  When upon the highest peaks ,one could see many miles round about and far below.
                  I could see Pyrimid lake (Piute Indian country). The pyrimids formed about that lake are "tuffa" like in Armenia. Could also see many salt flats far below. Lake Pyrimid and Lake Tahoe used to be connected long ago. If you go deep enough into the mountains pools of water and wild roses appear we're one wouldn't expect to see such. At night in such remote places the bats would come out and drink from the precious pools as did I. I miss the mountains.
                  Artashes

Comment

Sounds like an awsome adventure. I cant do too much because my son is too young and i am starting to get too old for wild adventures but i enjoy every smile on his face as he learns about the world around him. He will grow and become more capable so i am trying to stay in shape so that we can one day go on a wild adventure togather. If you enjoy the mountains then you are a man who needs to get to Hayastan. I did a bit of exploring off the beaten path there and i was amazed at what i found. Stone tools and ancient campsites, deep ravines with rivers and glimpses of foxes and other critters. There is so much human history in Hayastan that you will make discoveries without looking for them. As for now i am in search of safe ice for fishing and it seems i will have to look far and wide to find it.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Yes I'm sure Hay is where I belong on this planet.
                      The hominoids ended that for my family but I know there are many sons of Hay who have not forgotten.
                      Even a modest amount of exercise -- faithfully -- makes a world of difference.
                      Yes I uses to find old artifacts from long ago also.
                      Some of the more recent finds date back to the turn of the century prospectors who searched for gold and silver. I found many "tins" from yesteryear as that was how they packaged things in those days as well as square nails. Except for arrowheads most of the older stuff was gone.
                      Although I have never seen the Armenian Lake Van that the a$shole hominoids lie and say is theirs, I think Pyrimid is similar in that the hue(color) is beautifully striking and changes color(hue) regularly.
                      Gotta go
                      Artashes

Comment

Working...
                      X