Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ankap - Angry at the Mayans for a false prediction? POST YOUR GRIEVANCES HERE!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ankap Thread

Here's a prime example of using a biting visual irritant to attract attention to an ad (attachment). Don't know if you've seen the ad (it's everywhere), but in it the pair dances in such a manner that had you seen them in real, you'd most probably throw a chair at their heads (I would). Obviously dancing has nothing to do with mortgage, though I've never done it so maybe dancing is part of mortgage application and I just don't know.

My buddy asked an interesting question: when flies take off after having landed on the ceiling (upside down), do they body roll (like an airplane) or do they in fact do a little 180 degree vertical loop. Any fly experts here?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by karoaper; 09-12-2006, 01:35 PM.

Comment

lol... you ask an interesting question Karo. Or your friend did.

I think dancing might get you a better rate.
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie
        lol... you ask an interesting question Karo. Or your friend did.

I think dancing might get you a better rate.
        the right dance might get you a free mortgage.

Comment

Have any of you tried the Rosetta Stone language programs or heard anything from someone who has?

Wondering if they're any good...
          [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

I've heard that they are excellent as they teach a style that more ppl can grasp quickly. A good percentage of ppl are visual or kinesthetic learners and do not learn as quickly with the traditional book and regurgitation method. So these programs are designed to first show a picture and then associate that with a word then they string pictures together and before you know it w/o much thought you're capable of articulating long sentences together.

I went to their site as I was interested in getting the Armenian course but lo and behold I am naive and was shocked that it was one of the few languages they do not offer as of yet. Still I want the Spanish and Japanese sets. They're like almost $400 each so if you are serious send me a PM.

Oh by the way I took a visit to your Armenian Club "Myspace-ish" page the other day as you were right on the front of the home page. I was like "Hey that's Siggie!" lol Needs a bit of updating but it's cool that you guys even offer the service.

Comment

Updating?! I only use it for "service" sorts of things.

I'm considering it... I was disappointed that they didn't have Armenian too, but I think it would be too basic to benefit me much anyway. I'm thinking about Latin, Greek, or Italian. I learned Spanish in hs and I could brush up, but I think I may be too advanced for their Spanish program too.

Comment

Well they have two Spanish courses one for the more traditional Spanish and the "hipper" Mexican dialect version! lol I was told just to go for the Spanish version, durh! I took Spanish in hs as well and was bombarded by crappy Spanish while I was working in some kitchens but I think being in CA and having the ability to speak Spanish, even if poorly (hey it's not like all of the Latin ppl have mastered English!), will be of benefit.

Considering I know zero Armenian it would be nice to get ANY education in the language. Maybe they'll add it later, or when I get out to CA I can take a course or so ...

Comment

Pimsluer has Armenian lessons, but it's audio only I think.

As far as I know, the Latin and Spain dialects of Spanish aren't that different. I think they lack the vosotros in Latin and Spain pronounces some things differently like the c sounds. For example, they pronounce Barcelona, Barthelona. I learned Latin Spanish in school, but we did learn vosotros conjugations as well.

Comment

You live in Detroit, right? There's a pretty big Armenian community there. It would be easier to learn Armenian in Michigan than in any other state in that region.

Though if you're living in Detroit you might want to learn African American Vernacular English before anything else.

Comment

Yo whattup nigga Tom.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X