Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian lesbians/gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenian lesbians/gays

hi im new to this community.
    Im full Armenian however i am a lesbian and have been with my partner for 19 months. i love her more than anything and one day i want to spend my life with her. that being said, my parents will have to know. my parents are very traditional armenians and were born and raised in Armenia. id like to know everyone's thoughts on this issue to give me an idea on how to one day approach my parents about it. i love my partner too much to let her go, she is the one that makes my life worth living and happy.
    I was born in Australia but we are a very traditional hyastanci family. I know that homophobia is widely encouraged in Armenia.
    Thoughts, opinions, comments all appreciated.

thanks

Re: Armenian lesbians/gays

please stop spamming the forum.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

please stop spamming my honest posts. this is a forum, i would like to discuss my issues with people honestly.

Comment

Armenian lesbian? and I thought I had heard everything on this forum. Listen, (given this is true, which I highly doubt), such a situation can be described as a result of some of the modern liberal trends in Western society. Like fashion. Maybe also part of the "rebellion" face of children against their families. All very unfortunate, but I'm sure you will grow out of it sooner or later.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

yes this is the truth. its not so much that im aiming to portray myself as a lesbian. i have fallen in love with a girl that is all. i find everything that i would have found in a guy in this girl. my biggest problem is getting my cultural background to accept me for who i am now. i do not need to be defined as a lesbian, i couldnt care less what you want to call me, i just want my family to accept that this is the person i want to spend my life with. im curious what background you have (were you raised in armenian? are you completely armenian? etc) to describe me as doing this as an unintentional phase that i will outgrow?

Comment

Lol, obviously I'm Armenian, (hayastanci), and I can say that such lesbian acts are often just part of fashion statements. In the end though an ideal Armenian woman is one who marries good Armenian man and holds the house and raises the children to be smart, healthy and patriotic. Traditional and family values are crucial for foundation of our society. Without them, it becomes a mess. Given Armenian 'lesbians' are pretty much unheard of, I can say there'd be a lot of confusion from armenians to your situation.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---

Comment

your probably the best person i should be talking to lol, you are a rational version of my parents, if i can logically explain it to you then i have a chance with my parents. for me, its not a fashion statement, i keep this entirely a secret. i don't go around in public making it obvious that im in love with a girl. i want to do all the things right by my culture, i want to raise a family that has good values that are smart and healthy, i just want to do that with someone that i love as my partner.

Comment

Wait how will you have a family if you have female partner? I just don't believe in "lesbianism" being a genuine/biological form of attraction. I see it more as an adopted lifestyle that comes as a result of certain Western influences. I think if you go live in Armenia, for even a few months, you may have some of that feminist influences wear off of you and go back to having normal attractions.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---

Comment

Just the fact that you have no idea about how a lesbian couple can raise a family proves that the Armenian education system is pathetic. i wish someone there would set standards for the education because without it Armenia cant go forward. the process is called IVF
                  this isnt about feminism. i dont know why you just assume this is because im a feminist. Here where i live, a family cant survive with just the man working. both women and men need to work full time to be able to have a house and a car and a life. here in Australia, there are alot of women that make more money than the men. throughout history, men have always felt superior because they are the ones who provide. but these days, women work just as much as men if not more.
                  me being in love with another girl has nothing to do with feminism.

Comment

Well aren't many lesbians feminists? It explains a lot actually, the modern day feminist or "feminazis" as I like to describe, portray men as evil and as traditional marriage as wrong. That's why lesbianism is convenient for them. When it comes to family, 2 women or 2 men can't raise family, you need the maternal values and paternal values mixed, to be on the children. This is not only traditional way, but biologically this is the way for children to grow up in a normal way.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---

Comment

Working...
                    X