Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!


2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.


- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.


8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Westernized Women

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Westernized Women

    I've never liked the way Western women think and it took Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei to explain to me why

    West's materialistic approach to women, unforgivable sin: Leader
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

  • #2
    Re: Westernized Women

    Western women can be good....just need to know how to wrangle them.
    B0zkurt Hunter

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Westernized Women

      Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
      I've never liked the way Western women think and it took Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei to explain to me why

      West's materialistic approach to women, unforgivable sin: Leader
      Maybe one day we'll have to worry about "Easternized Women" :P
      I was taught how to think.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Westernized Women

        Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
        I've never liked the way Western women think and it took Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei to explain to me why

        West's materialistic approach to women, unforgivable sin: Leader
        So that's where you've been these past months. Learning at the feet of some ayatollas.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Westernized Women

          Islamic norms for women are way too retsrictive. I doubt any man or woman would like to live under such rules. Yeh women in the west are at times treated like sex objects but no one stops them from driving a car or going to work or going for a walk...Western society has its problems but it is far better then any religion based society. Men and women are different from one another but those differences do not justify restricting one sex and not the other. Living among and along side muslims has rubbed off on the Armenians and it is sad how so many of the hetamnats views persist. If islam wants us to respect women then why does it want them covered at all times? You dont even know whats under there-maybe its a man. Respecting a woman should not mean making her invisible. Women have had an important role to play in Armenians culture and this is one of the differences between muslims and us. If you want to treat your wife like she is only good for one or two things then that is between you and your wife-i hope you can find a nice hijab for her but don't tell us how we should live our lives.
          Last edited by Haykakan; 05-03-2013, 08:08 AM.
          Hayastan or Bust.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Westernized Women

            Chechen dictator Ramzan Kadyrov talking about how shameful it would be for a Chechen woman to marry an Armenian.



            ...at least that's what Google Translate tells me. Can anyone translate the Russian portion of the video? I think Kadyrov's speech is in Chechen.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Westernized Women

              Huh. The video has been removed but there's another one here (without the Russian portion):



              There's a post about this incident here in Russian. Can one of our Russian-reading forumers translate?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Westernized Women

                Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                So that's where you've been these past months. Learning at the feet of some ayatollas.
                Close... I've been away courting a special lady.... The burial errr... marital proceedings have kept me quite busy

                Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                Islamic norms for women are way too retsrictive. I doubt any man or woman would like to live under such rules. Yeh women in the west are at times treated like sex objects but no one stops them from driving a car or going to work or going for a walk...Western society has its problems but it is far better then any religion based society. Men and women are different from one another but those differences do not justify restricting one sex and not the other. Living among and along side muslims has rubbed off on the Armenians and it is sad how so many of the hetamnats views persist. If islam wants us to respect women then why does it want them covered at all times? You dont even know whats under there-maybe its a man. Respecting a woman should not mean making her invisible. Women have had an important role to play in Armenians culture and this is one of the differences between muslims and us. If you want to treat your wife like she is only good for one or two things then that is between you and your wife-i hope you can find a nice hijab for her but don't tell us how we should live our lives.
                I think that was his point... a society that treats women like sex objects encourages women to be good for one or two things. The West likes to boast a lot of things on paper but in reality, it's far from the society it claims to be.

                Also, the Muslim attire for women has its roots in slavery. Basically women who were low class or slaves had to be covered. It separated them from women of status... those who were married, those who were free.

                The West has us believe in equality but there has always been and will always be class even if it's not visible to the naked eye.
                Last edited by KanadaHye; 05-15-2013, 05:16 PM.
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Westernized Women

                  Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                  Close... I've been away courting a special lady.... The burial errr... marital proceedings have kept me quite busy
                  Yay, love is in the aaaair. Congratulations to you and your special lady. Are the proceedings ongoing still or did you already get hitched... err.. buried?
                  [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                  -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Westernized Women

                    West>East, just because we're sandwiched between Iran, Turkey, Azerbaijan, and to a lesser extent Georgia and Russia, doesn't mean that we need to take cues from their cultural values.. Every nation has it's less desirable male and females, even the eastern ones, you all just notice the ones in your respective country more b/c you live there 24/7.
                    Due to budget cuts the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X