Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Next up: Vic Darchinyan - 11/1/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next up: Vic Darchinyan - 11/1/08

in superflyweight/junior bantamweight unification bout against WBA/WBF champ Cristian Mijares in Las Vegas, at a venue to be named shortly, on Showtime.

Boxing news, latest insider information, results, free video, schedule and huge forum

Ask a hardcore boxing fan to make a list of fantasy fights in the smaller weight divisions and a unification match between junior bantamweight titleholders Cristian Mijares and Vic Darchinyan probably would make the cut.
    Between childhood, boyhood,
    adolescence
    & manhood (maturity) there
    should be sharp lines drawn w/
    Tests, deaths, feats, rites
    stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Re: Next up: Vic Darchinyan - 11/1/08

that's funny. two armenians are fighting on the same night. this one was originally reported as to be fought in Las Vegas but the venue changed to the Home Depot Center in Carson, CA.

("Little big men to do battle in Carson: Cristian Mijares (36-3-16 KO’s) and Armenian Vic “Raging Bull” Darchinyan (30-1-24 KOs) will battle for Jr. Bantamweight supremacy on November 1st. Mexico’s Esto Newspaper is reporting that the fight will take place at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California. Cristian Mijraes’s WBC and WBA titles will be at stake, with Vic Darchinyan making the 1st defense of his IBF title that he won this past August.")

adolescence

Comment

Darchinyan guarantees to ko Mijares. http://www.secondsout.com/Columns/in...s=223&cs=32767
      adolescence

Comment

this is a massive fight

pretty scared cos mijares is a great boxer, hope he wins and shuts everyone up

not many people rate him and the trash talking wont do him any favors too

Comment

Vic Darchinyan will take him he's an awesome fighter.
          Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Recap of recent press conference in Downtown LA. http://www.maxboxing.com/fischer/Fischer101608.asp
            http://www.maxboxing.com/maxtv/index.asp?id=1028 (video of the press conference)
            http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxin...ia-darchinyan/ (another recap of the press conference)
            http://www.15rounds.com/cristian-mij...y-oct-13-2008/ (same)
            http://www.secondsout.com/USA/news.cfm?ccs=229&cs=33508 (same)
            adolescence

Comment

Vic and Christian express they unrequited love for each other. (Just kidding, let the literary smackdown continue before the physcial smackdown begins)
              Boxing news, latest insider information, results, free video, schedule and huge forum

Darchinyan, Mijares land verbal blows before unification fight
              3 hours ago

LOS ANGELES (AFP) — Australian-based Armenian Vic Darchinyan and Mexico's Cristian Mijares traded verbal blows Tuesday ahead of their fight here November 1 to decide the undisputed world boxing super-flyweight crown.

The showdown of southpaws sends International Boxing Federation champion Darchinyan, 30-1-1 with 24 knockouts, against World Boxing Council and World Boxing Association champion Mijares, 36-3 with two drawn and 15 knockouts.

"I'm going to break him in half. I will put him in the hospital. I will be ready for him," Darchinyan said.

"He doesn't have any skills. I'm going to prove he's nothing. I hope his corner is going to stop the fight because he's going to be badly damaged."

"When I finish him nobody will remember him. I will be the champion. I'm the best. I'm going to prove it on the night and all Armenians will celebrate."

Last year, Darchinyan inflicted such punishment upon Mexican Victor Burgos that he suffered a blood clot in his brain. But Darchinyan has put that behind him in moving on in his career. "I've cleared my mind of it," he said.

Darchinyan lost the IBF flyweight crown last year to Filipino Nonito Donaire last year but reclaimed the title two months ago by beating Russian Dmitri Kirilov, setting the stage for a unification matchup.

"I'm going to show what I can do with him. I'm going to destroy him badly," Darchinyan boasted. "After a few rounds, even the Mexican crowd will be supporting me. They don't like people who are just touching and running.

"I'm not only a strong fighter. I'm a smart fighter. He's overrated. He's going to be punished good. I'm going to destroy him badly."

Mijares, unbeaten in 26 fights over the past six years, countered his rival champion's taunts with calm responses.

"He's a very strong fighter. He talks a little too much," Mijares said. "I like that. It makes the fight more interesting for me. Words will not prove anything. I have more ability in the ring."

"I have no bad blood toward Darchinyan. He's the one doing all the talking. He is my opponent. There's no animosity. He just likes to talk too much. The more he talks, the more motivated I am to shut him up."

Mijares expects an edge in support from the crowd and claimed an edge when it comes to wisdom in the ring.

"He is not a smart fighter. He's just a puncher," Mijares said. "He's going to keep coming forward. I'm just going to box him.

"Intelligence will beat strength. He's thinking he's going to break me in half. I'm smart and strong. Don't be surprised if I knock out Vic Darchinyan."
              adolescence

Comment

any chance we can watch this online?

Comment

This will be a good match, don't like Vic trash talking so much but I guess it's part of his gameplan

Comment

Vic hits the bullseye, takes down Mijares in the 9th, unifies the super flyweight belt.

Darchinyan stops Mijares to unify super flyweight boxing title
                    47 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (AFP) — Australian Vic Darchinyan knocked out Cristian Mijares in the ninth round here Saturday to unify the super flyweight world title in dominant style.

Darchinyan, the International Boxing Federation champion, knocked Mijares down in the first round and finished him off late in the ninth with a big left that sent the Mexican fighter to the canvas at the three-minute mark of the ninth.

Darchinyan added Mijares's World Boxing Council and World Boxing Association 115-pound (52.1kg) titles to his IBF belt, becoming the first fighter to hold all three in the class.

Armenian-born Darchinyan improved to 31-1-1, with 25 knockouts.

The 32-year-old southpaw went into the bout as an underdog, but had vowed to knock Mijares out. To that end he started aggressively and displayed power that Mijares was unable to find an answer for.

Mijares fell to 36-4-2, with 15 wins inside the distance, suffering his first defeat in 26 fights - a run stretching back to 2002.

Darchinyan was ahead on all three judges' cards when the fight ended.
                    adolescence

Comment

Working...
                    X