Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

NBA News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NBA News

The Western Conference Gets Tougher At Top, But Is It Really A Power Shift?

HANG TIME SOUTHWEST – Dwight to Houston and Iggy to Golden State. What a day. So, how much did Friday’s free-agent action shift the balance of power in the Western Conference? Perhaps the biggest shift will be the return of a healthy Russ in Oklahoma City come November.

The West certainly got more top-heavy and more intriguing on a wild day that finally delivered Dwight Howard‘s decision, however awkwardly. The big man is leaving the domineering Kobe Bryant and his rapidly aging Los Angeles Lakers to join The Beard, James Harden, and his young-and-gunning Houston Rockets.

While Howard spent Friday in Aspen, Colo., surely studying the California state tax hit on the $30 million more the incumbent Lakers could pay him, the Golden State Warriors’ aggressive front office was busy selling off expiring contracts to create the cap room needed to reach a rather stunning agreement with Denver free agent Andre Iguodala. It positioned the Warriors perfectly to craft a deal if the desperate Lakers bellied-up seeking a sign-and-trade for Howard while simultaneously strengthening their club for next season if not.

Still, did Dwight to Houston and Iggy to Golden State boost either team to the level of the West champion San Antonio Spurs, to OKC with Russell Westbrook returning or even to the Doc Rivers-coached and Chris Paul-led Los Angeles Clippers?

The West is so stout at the top that while Houston and Golden State began to emerge last season with Harden coming to the Rockets and Steph Curry rising to star status in the playoffs (and both teams will co-chair the NBA’s committee for must-watch teams next season) they might find themselves battling it out for homecourt advantage in the first round. And that’s having not even mentioned the post-Lionel Hollins Memphis Grizzlies now under rookie coach David Joerger returning as a top-five team.

But back to Iguodala and his one-year stopover in Denver. If there is a power shift in the West it’s the potential for a Nuggets avalanche down the standings to open a spot in the top four. Denver finished the season as the No. 3 seed, but since Danilo Gallinari tore his ACL in early April it’s been a steady stream of body blows. Denver lost to Golden State in the first round. Coach of the Year George Karl was fired and executive of the year Masai Ujiri left to run the Toronto Raptors. Now Iguodala is gone and Denver might be on the playoff bubble.

As for the Lakers, it’s disingenuous to talk about the loss of Howard as creating a major power shift within the conference. L.A. hasn’t escaped the second round in three years and with Howard last season it squeaked into the playoffs in the final days of the season as the seventh seed. Kobe Bryant hopes to be back for the start of the 2013-14 season, but there’s no guarantee as he recovers from a torn Achilles tendon.

With a roster badly in need of patching all over, might the Lakers, who — ready for this? — apparently chose a future with Mike D’Antonio over the 27-year-old Howard, be the most likely candidate to fall out of the top eight and open a playoff path for a lottery team such as the loaded — and presumably healthy — Minnesota Timberwolves?

Huh, the Timberwolves passing over the Lakers? Now that would be a power shift.

Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

OK, NBA Fans
      Season is starting Oct 29th

Comment

Knicks' Anthony leaves game with sprained ankle

New York forward Carmelo Anthony will be evaluated Tuesday after he left the Knicks' 103-98 win over the Orlando Magic with a sprained left ankle.

Anthony led the Knicks with 19 points before leaving the game Monday night with 7:26 left in the third quarter.

Without him, the Magic rallied to cut what had been a 25-point deficit to just a point. But the Knicks were able to hang on down the stretch to preserve the victory.

Anthony said in the locker room afterward that he is remaining optimistic about the severity of the sprain.

"I am walking," Anthony said. "I think I caught it before it rolled all the way but it rolled pretty bad. So we will evaluate everything (Tuesday). The good thing is I am able to walk with a little bit of pain. We will figure it out tomorrow. The pain was just too much. I was actually trying to walk it off to see if I could come back into the game.

"There wasn't any reason for me to go out there and risk it anymore."

Woodson also was trying to remain positive for the latest in what has been a string of injuries to his players this season.

The Knicks next play Oklahoma City on Christmas Day.

"Melo's a tough kid," Woodson said. "He doesn't sit out very often and we just have to wait and see how he feels tomorrow, see how he is an we'll go from there."

The Knicks also lost point guard Raymond Felton late in the fourth quarter to what coach Mike Woodson was as a tweaked groin. Felton was just making his return to action after a six-game absence because of strained left hamstring.

He also will be evaluated Tuesday. The Knicks had been struggling to find an offensive flow in the half court and that returned against the Magic early.

"I'm concerned (about Melo), but I'm not as worried about him as I'm worried about Ray, the way he came back and then to go down again. It's tough," Knicks forward J.R. Smith said. "He's our point guard, for sure

Comment

Any predictions of what the Finals are going to look like?
          My 2 predictions
          1) Spurs vs Miami (rematch of last year)
          1) Spurs vs Indiana

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
            Any predictions of what the Finals are going to look like?
            My 2 predictions
            1) Spurs vs Miami (rematch of last year)
            1) Spurs vs Indiana
            Hard to believe the Spurs are still going as strong as ever. Last year they were a duncan missed lay up away from winning. Anyone but Miami would be cool. Specially Indiana. Hopefully indiana-spurs.

Comment

I am a huge Spurs fan & I know a lot of people hate Lebron, eventhough they beat us last year, I've always liked Lebron
              but Indiana San Antonio would be interesting

Comment

So, I'm pretty sure all of you have heard about Donald Sterling (clippers owner) statements
                now if allegations are truth, I don't think the NBA should suspend him, I think the NBA ban him & revoke his contract what he did was low

Comment

The NBA season is almost coming to an end, only 4 teams left, who will bring home the championship
                  Miami, Indiana, OKC or San Antonio?

Comment

Spurs.

Comment

Now that my boys (San Antonio Spurs) beat OKC
                      we will beat Miami this year, we are more depth especially our bench
                      we have the #1 bench in the NBA

Comment

Working...
                      X