Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Suggestion from Hellektor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion from Hellektor

Copied from Eurovision thread...

Originally posted by Hellektor View Post
    Dear mods,

In the past, many a thread has been removed because a number of users started to get personal. Given the time I put in typing my long posts, I constantly come across a decrease of my post count by 20 or 30 when a thread like this disappears because some users start getting personal.

If you are trying to clean up a thread from personal abuse, please don't delete or close the whole thread and just address the users/posts with personal abuse.

Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by Siggie View Post
    You should have contacted us rather than posting in this in a thread and hoping we find it.
    Threads sometimes need to be closed (and that doesn't affect your post count or whether you can read it), but certainly if it's an issue of deleting we do try to salvage what we can of a thread rather than deleting it. Now, if you post something that breaks the rules, then we cannot always go through and edit your post to remove that content.

On a related note, you're complaining about these other users getting personal, etc., however a couple posts up, you insult KanadaHye by asking him if he's a Turk. Clearly, you know that an Armenian would find that insulting or you would not have said it. That is itself a violation of the rules. Now if insults like that were buried throughout your post, the moderators can't be expected to spend the kind of time it takes to edit out all the offending parts.

Do NOT reply to this post here... I am making a copy of your request and reply in the Support Section and you can reply there.

Any replies should go here.
    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Re: Suggestion from Hellektor

On a related note, you're complaining about these other users getting personal, etc., however a couple posts up, you insult KanadaHye by asking him if he's a Turk.
    Dear Siggie,

I posted this in the relevant thread as well, I thought it was necessary for explaining to those users who might not want to come here and might misjudge me for what you said about my remark to KanadaHye.

Just read the posts between me and KanadaHye from the beginning to know why I asked him that, while I very well know calling an Armenian Turk is an insult. I ASKED him if he was (didn't call him), given his constant circumventing the issue and insisting that fake “Azerbaijan's” free and malicious translation of the term Azarbaijan into “Land of Fire” was totally OK, while he called my explanations with ample historical facts nothing but Armenian propaganda (strange coming from an Armenian, don't you think? Even more so coming from one with Hye in their nick) and accused me of “Claiming Azarbaijan means "Land of Atropat" and not "land of fire" for political purposes [thus] misleading”.

I didn't report the abuse to get users banned. If I were a mod, I wouldn't ban anyone which would make me a “bad” mod. I only wanted to kindly ask you not to delete the whole thread. I did this, because this has happened in the past many a time and at least a hundred posts of mine, many of them long and entirely typed, have been lost. No problems with KanadaHye though. Our discussion did not cross the red lines IMHO and was in the limits of civilized yet heated debates.

Please unban the banned since I don't want them to get banned because of my report which was only in fear of the deletion of the thread.

Thanks in advance

Comment

You asked him that because you disagreed with him. Why and what you disagreed about is irrelevant. To say something in the form of a question doesn't make a big difference. It's like you're a moron vs. What are you, a moron? See what I mean?

Anyway, I was merely pointing out that that can be seen as an insult as well.

Lastly, people get banned for violating the rules, not by member request. In any case, this instance had nothing to do with what you posted anyhow
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

I have a suggestion/question though, I have said this elsewhere so I copy/paste the last instance:

“Last year I posted a research I had done after a year and a half of hard work on several Armenian boards. It's called And the Fraud Had a Name. Azarbaijan: the Real, the Fake and the Absurd.

The link above will take you to the first page of this thingy...[which] includes 32 pics, many of them tables and maps I made myself, all of this along with hundreds of other pics I had posted to the photo album of armeniangenocide.com when this board had not been merged with HyeClub.

The sad thing that's happened is that the photo album's gone without warning. I've mentioned this a couple of times with no response from the admin and what's worse, the links function as popup launchers every time you go to those pages, really annoying. I wish some user would offer a couple of megs of space where I could upload the pics and later edit the image URLs...”

Is there a way to bring back the photo album? even if no further possibility to post pics it would also be OK.

Comment

I will ask Nimda about that, but I doubt he would be able to recover them.

You can use photobucket.com to host your own photos for free.

Comment

You asked him that because you disagreed with him.
            I didn't ask that because I disagreed. I brought historic facts that proved Azarbaijan means “called after Atropat” and he said my explanation was “Armenian propaganda” and that I should accept the fabricated term “Land of Fire” unquestionably as the meaning of Azarbaijan (Atrpatakan).

Why and what you disagreed about is irrelevant ...It's like you're a moron
            The context is relevant, it has nothing to do with my being a moron or not. My suspicion (right or wrong) is thus justified and has nothing to do with disagreement.
            Last edited by Hellektor; 05-21-2009, 08:45 AM.

Comment

I will ask Nimda about that, but I doubt he would be able to recover them.

You can use photobucket.com to host your own photos for free.
              photobucket, imageshack, flickr, etc., are all filtered in Iran.

Comment

I didn't call you a moron... I was giving an example!

What I am saying is that independent of why you are disagreeing with someone and the subject of that disagreement, calling a fellow Armenian who you know is Armenian, a Turk (question form or not) is insulting. You can disagree with that and while we certainly consider others' opinions, it's the staff members who are the arbiters of what is insulting and what is in violation of the rules.

Comment

I didn't call you a moron... I was giving an example!

What I am saying is that independent of why you are disagreeing with someone and the subject of that disagreement, calling a fellow Armenian who you know is Armenian, a Turk (question form or not) is insulting. You can disagree with that and while we certainly consider others' opinions, it's the staff members who are the arbiters of what is insulting and what is in violation of the rules.
                  Dear, this doesn't get through.

Siggie, I am not a hypocrite. At least this is my belief of myself, though I say it myself. I really doubted, really had the suspicion he might be a Turk, because and please take note: he accused me of claiming Azarbaijan means “Land of Atropat” (I don't claim that's what it means) and not “land of fire” for political purposes thus misleading. I.e. with bringing historical facts I was misleading people and that I should unquestionably accept the mid 20th century fabrications of “Azeris” as absolute truth.

He also called my bringing of historic facts Armenian propaganda. This gives rise to suspecting that the accuser is a Turk, and no, I do not know him, how can I know him from behind the PC monitor? A Hye in someone’s nick doesn't necessarily make them Hye either, not that this should apply to the user in question.

I do all this explanation to reassure you my calling him a Turk was not out of spite, anger, disagreement or what not. Your not believing me is hurting me but what can I do. I honestly doubted he was not Armenian, he gave me enough reasons.

Comment

Okay, I understand. I misunderstood; I thought you knew he wasn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X