Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

George Clooney is a dog...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Clooney is a dog...

on the 1st episode of South Park's 8th season - Starvin Marvin which includes, among other things, hungry african children, angry turkeys and Mr. Clooney as a dog.

Between childhood, boyhood,
    adolescence
    & manhood (maturity) there
    should be sharp lines drawn w/
    Tests, deaths, feats, rites
    stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Re: George Clooney is a dog...

Fitting that if Clooney doesn't win best actor on Sunday at the Oscar's, he'll still be gifted a crystal dog collar. http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/02/prweb717054.htm
    adolescence

Comment

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
      Fitting that if Clooney doesn't win best actor on Sunday at the Oscar's, he'll still be gifted a crystal dog collar. http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/02/prweb717054.htm
      He's already won before, but yes, he will receive a gift bag to comfort him, as Daniel Day-Lewis will win and take home his second statuette.

As for the gift bags: it was better when the person who gave the shortest speech won a home entertainment set.

Comment

Clooney: "I'm the Hillary Clinton of the Oscars"

George Clooney has compared his battle for the Best Actor Oscar at the forthcoming Academy Awards to the U.S. presidential race between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. Clooney is convinced he would be a sure winner if fellow actor Daniel Day-Lewis wasn't in the running for the prize. And he likened their situation to that of Democrat candidates Clinton and Obama - insisting the former first lady would be on a definite course to win the 2008 election if her opponent wasn't Obama. He tells U.S. magazine Time, "For me, it's like being Hillary Clinton. If it weren't for Barack Obama, it would have been a very good year. I thought Daniel Day-Lewis had the best performance of the year." Clooney is nominated for the coveted prize at Sunday's awards for his role in Michael Clayton, while Day-Lewis has been tipped to take the prize after his acclaimed performance in Paul Thomas Anderson's There Will Be Blood.

Source: http://www.imdb.com

Comment

Go to the card.

Its official!

Clooney wins a dog collar, Clooney wins a dog collar. Question now is: who controls the leash on the dog?
          Last edited by freakyfreaky; 02-24-2008, 08:51 PM.
          adolescence

Comment

Not only did Mr. Babooney get a crystal dog collar to go allong with his rubber Batman suit, he also got an earful from Jennifer Aniston the night before the Oscars. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23359197/

I wonder if it had to do anything with the phoney's convoluted stance on Darfur completely avoiding the 22 year civil war that preceded that wish-washy 'genocide' tag that forced christians out of the country that included Armenians, some of whom were relatvies of genocide refugees.

Ms. Aniston's rep is Aleen Keshishian with the Brillstein-Grey Group.http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0450193/bio
            adolescence

Comment

Here is the kicker, while Rosemary Clooney was a local sensation and her stardom was growing, it was two Armenians that wrote her first hit, made her a star and a household name.

Who were those Armenians?

Ross Bagdasarian (creator of the Chipmunks) wrote the music and (drum roll please) William Saroyan wrote the lyrics for "Come On-A My House".

Best resource on the web for information about the life and career of singer and actress Rosemary Clooney.

It was at Columbia that Clooney began an important association with Mitch Miller, one of the company's A&R [Artists and Repertoire] representatives and top entertainers. In 1951 Miller convinced Clooney to record an oddball song, "Come On-a My House," written by Ross Bagdasarian with lyrics by William Saroyan. When Miller first suggested the song, Clooney was highly skeptical, insisting the song was not her kind of material. She felt it was silly and demeaning; she believed the double-entendres were a cheap lyrical device and felt uncomfortable putting on an Italian accent. But Miller was persistent and finally persuaded Clooney to record "Come On-a My House." He conceived a novel instrumental effect utilizing a harpsichord to accompany Clooney. Much to her surprise, the song was an immediate and enormous success, topping the charts to become a gold record. "Come On-a My House" made Rosemary Clooney a star. A household name, she became known simply as "Rosie."

Come On-A My House
              Peak Position: #1 Year: 51 for 8 weeks
              Words and Music by William Saroyan and Ross Bagdasarian (who later, as ´David Seville´, created The Chipmunks) from the off-Broadway musical ´The Son´

Come on-a my house my house, I´m gonna give you candy
              Come on-a my house, my house, I´m gonna give a you
              Apple a plum and apricot-a too eh
              Come on-a my house, my house a come on
              Come on-a my house, my house I´m gonna give a you
              Figs and dates and grapes and cakes eh
              Come on-a my house, my house, I´m gonna give you candy
              Come on-a my house, my house, I´m gonna give you everything

(instrumental interlude)

Come on-a my house my house, I´m gonna give you Christmas tree
              Come on-a my house, my house, I´m gonna give you
              Marriage ring and a pomegranate too ah
              Come on-a my house, my house I´m gonna give a you
              Peach and pear and I love your hair ah
              Come on-a my house, my house, I´m gonna give you Easta-egg
              Come on-a my house, my house, I´m gonna give you
              Everything - everything - everything

SPOKEN: Come on-a my house-a!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I bet you Rosemary would be turning in her grave if she knew her nephew was at the least inadvertently funding a neocon j-ew who actively lobbies on behalf of Turkey and who is a figurehead for a American J-ewish lobbying organization that actively lobbies on behalf of Turkey to recognize the Armenian Genocide.

You would think that since Mr. Babooney has been relying on the goodwill of his famous aunt to succeed in Hollywood and her fame was in part contributed to by Armenians, he would have a little more sensitivity toward the Armenian tragedy and stop funding those who would stand in the way of recognition of the Armenian genocide.

In the same manner that Mr. Babooney and Darfur activists demand that the U.S., states, other nations, private corporations and private individuals divest themselves of investing in Sudan because of the Darfur genocide, Mr. Babooney would not fund J-ewish neocons that do not want the Armenian genocide recognized and want to cause further instability in the Caucasus through promoting regime change in Iran.
              Last edited by freakyfreaky; 03-02-2008, 07:16 PM.
              adolescence

Comment

Did you know that Rosemary Clooney hated the song?

Comment

Yeah, she didn't want to sing it. If you watch the video, she says she almost lost a recording contract because of her reluctance but is glad she listened to Mr. Miller. She caved in, kept her recording contract, sang the song and achieved stardom.
                  adolescence

Comment

Reporter at Mehr News Agency tackles how Clooney and other celebrities don't know what they are talking about re: Darfur and are actually willing mouthpieces of U.S. neocons who are using Hollywood to pull the wool over Western media about what is really going on. http://www.mehrnews.ir/en/NewsDetail.aspx?NewsID=677958

Funny how Sudan made it into the MSM conciousness after 9/11 despite a 22 year civil war that concluded in 2005.
                    adolescence

Comment

Working...
                    X