Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenians and sex: what's your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenians and sex: what's your opinion?

Originally posted by RareChik View Post
    ...would any guys on this forum be ina serious relationship with someone who was not a virgin?
    Well shiiit yeh as long it is a female.
    Just kidding. This thread is childish .... My suggestion to you before thinking on getting humped focus on your education instead of these banal thoughts.
    Regards

Comment

Many of those outdated traditions are still alive throughout Armenian communities. Personally, I think that Armenians should be more open minded about sex. I know many young girls who are curious about sex but are very afraid to mention it to their parents because they know the only answer they will get is to wait until marriage and that there will absolutely no conversation. I also know many Armenian men who would never touch a woman who wasn't "pure" - nonsense mentality to me.

More broadly, I don't understand why many are afraid of sex. Why not teach young men and women about sex, about the options they have, about safe sex, also about abstaining, about the emotional aspects, the consequences and let them make up their minds themselves.

Comment

First of all, I dont need advice, I asked for opininons....Belive it or not these are issues in our community...Just from ur reply it seems like u r stuck in the past like most of the armenian guys....im not sure ..but thats my OPINION...and secondly...I'm not achild that u need to tell me to concentrate on my education...Im a senior in a University prepared to graduate...How old are u anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by LadySilver View Post
          Many of those outdated traditions are still alive throughout Armenian communities. Personally, I think that Armenians should be more open minded about sex. I know many young girls who are curious about sex but are very afraid to mention it to their parents because they know the only answer they will get is to wait until marriage and that there will absolutely no conversation. I also know many Armenian men who would never touch a woman who wasn't "pure" - nonsense mentality to me.

More broadly, I don't understand why many are afraid of sex. Why not teach young men and women about sex, about the options they have, about safe sex, also about abstaining, about the emotional aspects, the consequences and let them make up their minds themselves.

Why do you think that most of the young men in our community don't change their minds about it or are not more open to it?

Comment

Ok people you want to be liberal with sexuality? let us see who is more liberal.
            First I am having hard time comprehending your mentalities of wanting to be sexually liberated and yet you need to ask a parent. WHY? Go get fuucked do what pleases you. Why do you need approval? you are over 18. What are you suppose to say to your parents? you like this ONE guy and if it is ok to have sex? How about the guy next month? What if you enjoy group sex? Why would you have to limit yourself to one partner? Do what pleases you ... just don't sell yourself as a virgin at the end of the day. No one cares. Unless if you have issues and it seams you do.

Comment

issues? lol...I have no issues with it personally but our community does...ppl like u in our community... I'm talking about it because I don't have that mentality...If u read my first post u wouldnt say let's see whos more sexually liberated?...And ur right u don't have to ask ur parents premission for it because it's a private expereince...but u dont get the point of how armenian parents raise their children with the mentality that sex is horrible and that they cant talk about it see it or think about it till theyre married...And dont think that ppl like me who talk about it are "liberal" about sex as you put ina negative connotation So ur telling me that ppl shouldnt be liberal about sex...ok...so y dont u wait to have sex until ur married because it's a rule that armenian culture has?

Comment

The issue that you are disoriented with is NOT about sex. It is about dating openly and having partners before marriage and be accepted by your parents and the Armenian community in general. The sex part you can get it with or without the consent or knowledge of the people that you don’t want to disappoint. My question to you will be ... how much of the none traditional Armenian values are YOU ready to accept? Why tackle the concept of only sexuality pre marriage and not the very trendy single parent society that is fashionable these days? Will you have a problem with your mother go to the bars with her girlfriends once a week? What if your dad likes to visit Vegas once a month and the “what goes in vegas stays there”. How much are you ready to flex to what the latest media trend is shaping the family structures in the West? You are not the only age group that is under pressure, you should accept the pressure and the needs of your parents to...they don’t need to sacrifice for you either. You should ask those questions first before you banal sex question.

Comment

Originally posted by RareChik View Post
                  Why do you think that most of the young men in our community don't change their minds about it or are not more open to it?
                  Well there could be many reasons, here are some I've heard from friends:
                  - the idea of having a women for the first time; they want to be the "teacher" to the "student"
                  - the idea that virgins are pure and innocent
                  - virgins are "tighter"
                  - no diseases....
                  - they are more loyal???????
                  - the man is also a virgin and wants to share the experience
                  - etc...

I respect the fact that one may choose to wait but I don't think it's something that should be forced upon them. Also, I dislike the double standard that men can be with however many women they want but once a woman has been with a few men she is a "$lut", etc.
                  I wonder, if a woman was raped, would she still seem "unpure" for some men? I would suppose so...
                  Some men also believe that they are expected to be more experienced than women and that they are the ones who are supposed to "share" their experience with women.
                  Last edited by LadySilver; 06-18-2008, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
                    The issue that you are disoriented with is NOT about sex. It is about dating openly and having partners before marriage and be accepted by your parents and the Armenian community in general. The sex part you can get it with or without the consent or knowledge of the people that you don’t want to disappoint. My question to you will be ... how much of the none traditional Armenian values are YOU ready to accept? Why tackle the concept of only sexuality pre marriage and not the very trendy single parent society that is fashionable these days? Will you have a problem with your mother go to the bars with her girlfriends once a week? What if your dad likes to visit Vegas once a month and the “what goes in vegas stays there”. How much are you ready to flex to what the latest media trend is shaping the family structures in the West? You are not the only age group that is under pressure, you should accept the pressure and the needs of your parents to...they don’t need to sacrifice for you either. You should ask those questions first before you banal sex question.
                    What would you say about the couples that rush into marriage just for sex because they no that its not accepted? or the ones that get a divorce because of their sex life or because the girl doesnt like to do it and cant enjoy herself? What do u say about the fact that many armenians that are in "serious" relationships cheat because the girls are afraid to give it up and im talking about long term relationships? I don't think that sex should be as open as it is in the media. I completely disagree with it, but I do think that the idea of sex, what it is, the emotional consequences, and the values that should be attached to it should be thought. Also in our community this rule of virginity is only put on girls. Do you think that's right that a guy can xxxx 100 girls and hes not a "xxxxx" but a girl sleeps with one and she was in a long term relationship or even if she wasnt and shes a xxxxx?

Comment

Originally posted by LadySilver View Post
                      Well there could be many reasons, here are some I've heard from friends:
                      - the idea of having a women for the first time; they want to be the "teacher" to the "student"
                      - the idea that virgins are pure and innocent
                      - virgins are "tighter"
                      - no diseases....
                      - they are more loyal???????
                      - the man is also a virgin and wants to share the experience
                      - etc...
                      Wrong. It all comes to our biological evolution.... "sperm competition selective pressures on reproductive biology and behavior"
                      An Evolutionary History of Sperm Competition and Sexual Conflict | a tour of animal sexuality, exploring the effects of sperm competition and sex-based selective pressures on reproductive biology and behaviour...

Comment

Working...
                      X