Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenians and sex: what's your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenians and sex: what's your opinion?

I don't usually go on forums or anything cuz i don't have time, but now I do so I wanna bring up some issues in our community.

There are many armenians that are freaked out about sex. what i mean by this is that especially girls are taught from young age that this is something bad and horrible. what parents don't realize is that this affects females psychologically and causes many problems in their life later on. I think that the num 1 reason y there are so many unhappy armenian couples is because of sex issues. im not saying that armenians should be xxxxs like others but they should have an open mind and an education about sex. It seems like armenian guys are on the wagon with the rest of the world with the knowledge and experience of sex but the girls shut out of that world. opinions?

Re: Armenians and sex: what's your opinion?

What do you mean when you say it "affects females psychologically and causes many problems in their life later on?"

It's not only in the Armenian community where parents speak to their children about premarital sex; it mainly has to do with religion. I think most girls, especially Armenian girls, think they know what they want as far as their relationship goes and make horrible decisions. When they are finally mature, they probably regret their decision.

I think this personal decision should be left up to the individual but in my opinion if any guy or girl has morals, they should wait until they are married.

Comment

what i mean is that when the girls think that it's something so horrible, and that's embedded in their mind, later on in life even if they are married, they don't enjoy sex or in a relationship(not married), they don't openly talk about it with their partners because theyre embarrassed. Also, you don't see armenian guys wait until marriage but it's mandatory for the girl to wait. There's conflict there because if ur in a relationship for a long time then it's unnatural to not have sex for years, especially if the guy is not a virgin, i dont think hes gna wanna wait that long. Here comes the problem where they go and cheat in the relationship. And wat do you mean wen you say they make horrible decisions and regret it? Also, if youve been in a long term relationship and have no plans to get married soon then its hard not to have sex...and this creates another problem of armenian couples rushing into marriage for sex

Comment

maybe it's up to us Armenians of the new generation to please our women sexually for a change :P I've noticed the lack of satisfaction the women in my family seemed to have gotten out of sex with their husbands. Most of them probably never bothered to last over 2 minutes, let alone engage in foreplay.

Comment

I like your answer...Also we need to change the mindset of Armenian guys...the mindset that a girl HAS to be a virgin or else she's not worth being serious with or marrying...NONSENSE

Comment

well, it is out of context with the reality of the times now, that's for sure.

Comment

Do you people think threesome sex will solve the issues in question?

Comment

Originally posted by RareChik View Post
                what i mean is that when the girls think that it's something so horrible, and that's embedded in their mind, later on in life even if they are married, they don't enjoy sex or in a relationship(not married), they don't openly talk about it with their partners because theyre embarrassed. Also, you don't see armenian guys wait until marriage but it's mandatory for the girl to wait. There's conflict there because if ur in a relationship for a long time then it's unnatural to not have sex for years, especially if the guy is not a virgin, i dont think hes gna wanna wait that long. Here comes the problem where they go and cheat in the relationship. And wat do you mean wen you say they make horrible decisions and regret it? Also, if youve been in a long term relationship and have no plans to get married soon then its hard not to have sex...and this creates another problem of armenian couples rushing into marriage for sex
                I think what you speak of are outdated traditions. This was paramount with older generation, for "times they are a-changin." We live a contemporary and open society with new perspectives and different values. If anything, it seems like it hit the other extreme. Now everyone openly talks about sex with their friends and therapists, has sex left and right and goes on talk shows. I don't live in a concentrated Armenian community, but from what I hear many young Armenians have abandoned that foolish "ideology."

Comment

I live in Glendale and as u no it's a heavily populated armenian community...Even here if a gir has slept with a guy, nobody would take her seriously...this is most common amongst armenians from armenia even if they have been here forever....I mean I have done research and asked so many people...Most armenian guys still have that mentality....i mean it was embedded into them as they grew up....I have asked many ppl if they talk about it and most said no...wen i say talk about i mean really talk about it....the girls dont sit down and say u no wat we've been together for a month or two or 5 and i wana let u no that im gna b a virgin til we get married so im not gna accept tha fact that u go out and get it from other ppl...or say u no wat i think sex b4 marriage is ok...wat do u think...do u think thats wrong? i mean they just dont talk about it and at the end wen the guy sleeps with another girl ...the relationship is over...would any guys on this forum be ina serious relationship with someone who was not a virgin?

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
                    Do you people think threesome sex will solve the issues in question?

No. LOL. I just think ur horny.

Comment

Working...
                    X