Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Shet hits the fan in turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shet hits the fan in turkey

Originally posted by Azad View Post
    It sound like they are ready for the new Caliphate.
    Impossible, military never allows

Fog Clouds don't always exist on top of hills....AKP is like that

Comment

Originally posted by Kanki View Post
      Impossible, military never allows

Fog Clouds don't always exist on top of hills....AKP is like that
      You never know...it happened in Iran, more or less.

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
        You never know...it happened in Iran, more or less.
        Wait and see

Comment

Any Belly dancing department?

Are you going to revolt and throw some molotov bottles? You should.

Originally posted by Kanki View Post
          Never

I love my country even there is a stupid governing party.... Ottomans also stupid Sultans and veziers in last age but we overcame it...
          Generally speaking, this unconditional love of Türkiye is what makes you Turks fundamentally different than us Armenians. And I envy you Turks for it. A vast majority of Armenians do not know what nationalism is. They do not know what is selfless/unconditional love towards the homeland. Armenians can be 'proud' Armenians but Armenian 'nationalists' are very few. And this is fundamentally the reason why we Armenians 'were' a major nation in Anatolia and you Turks 'are' a major nation in Anatolia.
          Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post

Generally speaking, this unconditional love of Türkiye is what makes you Turks fundamentally different than us Armenians. And I envy you Turks for it. A vast majority of Armenians do not know what nationalism is. They do not know what is selfless/unconditional love towards the homeland. Armenians can be 'proud' Armenians but Armenian 'nationalists' are very few. And this is fundamentally the reason why we Armenians 'were' a major nation in Anatolia and you Turks 'are' a major nation in Anatolia.

When you have a state that was funded on the pretext of "turkish nationalism" and the young ones are indoctrinated at schools, what do you expect. While modern RA came from a more "internationalist" communist perspective, not to mention the effects of the Armenian Genocide and what stalin did in the 20/30s, it makes more sense. A major thing turks should envy Armenians, is the fact that our nation is 97% Armenian, while turks have so many minority groups to deal with, in the end this will be a big part of turkey's undoing.
            For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
            to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
              When you have a state that was funded on the pretext of "turkish nationalism" and the young ones are indoctrinated at schools, what do you expect. While modern RA came from a more "internationalist" communist perspective, not to mention the effects of the Armenian Genocide and what stalin did in the 20/30s, it makes more sense.
              You can not say for all of the country funded on pretext of Turkish Nationalizm.
              Big cities(Istanbul,Ankara,Izmir and Bursa... only total 6-7 cities) are industrialized cities but they separeted from other 74 cities where are not developed. And economic middle and low classes are there despite they are patriotist or nationalist... Also Turkish education system can't teach youngs Turkish history well so it makes impossible to indoctrinate youngs. If you ask Turkish people when did your country get back independence after the first World War? or which year ! Many youngs can not reply this simple question!!!! they can't say "1923" It is obvious

A major thing turks should envy Armenians, is the fact that our nation is 97% Armenian, while turks have so many minority groups to deal with, in the end this will be a big part of turkey's undoing.
              Turkey's population is 71 millions if plus with outsiders of country it makes about 82 million. However there is 25-27 millions are not originally Turkish.(Kurds are largest minority, also Greeks,Albanians,Armenians most of whom live in Istanbul are about 70.000-82.000 predicted and Lazs) Yes you are right as this point. but most of these minorities has Turkicized... moreover they do mandatory can be police or soldier, only 5-6 millions kept their real identity.And most of them Kurds...So it is not dangerious!
              But 42-45 millions of Turks are still homogeneous.
              Other mixed other groups For instance, in nearly 1080s in central Anatolia there were many independent and dependent very small Armenian feudal states all of them mixed with Seljuk Turks. I don't mention Maras, Adana or Eastern Turkey-Kars Van etc...

Also Turkish government based on Kemalizm(or Ataturkculuk) according to that all Turkey citizens are Turkish... racism or discrimination can be allowed for Turkish Law System.So they are equal with a real Turk.
              Last edited by Kanki; 07-04-2008, 06:54 AM.

Comment

When you have a state that was funded on the pretext of "turkish nationalism" and the young ones are indoctrinated at schools, what do you expect. While modern RA came from a more "internationalist" communist perspective, not to mention the effects of the Armenian Genocide and what stalin did in the 20/30s, it makes more sense.
                Armanen, I know the excuses well but the bottom line is - irregardless of excuses, they have nationalism in abundance and we don't.

A major thing turks should envy Armenians, is the fact that our nation is 97% Armenian, while turks have so many minority groups to deal with, in the end this will be a big part of turkey's undoing.
                That's the difference between having an 'ethnic' mentality as opposed to having an 'empire' mindset. Turks are a 'conquering' people while Armenians are a conservative group geared towards cultural preservation. Turks look to mix with others and they readily accept others into their society. I have been to Turkey, I have observed Turks, I have met Turks. In my opinion, the average Turk is much-much more "nationalistic" than the average Armenian. Unlike Armenians (take a good look around you) Turks have unconditional nationalism, almost like blind faith. While Armenians are all generals, Turks are all soldiers. Armenians are 'proud,' they are not nationalistic. And an Armenian's pride is capable of destroying Armenia. No need to go far to see what I am telling you. We have an abundance of proud Armenians here who are hostile to the fundamental aspects of Armenian nationalism.

The biggest difference between Armenians and Turks in this regard is: Turkish nationalism is somewhat primitive and often times shallow, like blind faith. Armenian nationalism, when aroused, is obsessive, intellectual, shrewed and complex. My grandmother from Adana used to say Turks always feared the 'mind' of the Armenian, not his sword.

For example, imagine Turks having a persistent, psychotic and obsessive enemy like some Armenians we know here

But those types of Armenians in question usually end up hurting Armenians and/or Armenia.
                Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

That's the difference between having an 'ethnic' mentality as opposed to having an 'empire' mindset. Turks are a 'conquering' people while Armenians are a conservative group geared towards cultural preservation.
                  Agree. The biggest mistake that we Armenians are doing is not the "cultural preservation" it is the INWARDS cultural preservation.

Comment

Armanen, I know the excuses well but the bottom line is - irregardless of excuses, they have nationalism in abundance and we don't.

That's the difference between having an 'ethnic' mentality as opposed to having an 'empire' mindset. Turks are a 'conquering' people while Armenians are a conservative group geared towards cultural preservation. Turks look to mix with others and they readily accept others into their society. I have been to Turkey, I have observed Turks, I have met Turks. In my opinion, the average Turk is much-much more "nationalistic" than the average Armenian. Unlike Armenians (take a good look around you) Turks have unconditional nationalism, almost like blind faith. While Armenians are all generals, Turks are all soldiers. Armenians are 'proud,' they are not nationalistic. And an Armenian's pride is capable of destroying Armenia. No need to go far to see what I am telling you. We have an abundance of proud Armenians here who are hostile to the fundamental aspects of Armenian nationalism.

The biggest difference between Armenians and Turks in this regard is: Turkish nationalism is somewhat primitive and often times shallow, like blind faith. Armenian nationalism, when aroused, is obsessive, intellectual, shrewed and complex. My grandmother from Adana used to say Turks always feared the 'mind' of the Armenian, not his sword.

For example, imagine Turks having a persistent, psychotic and obsessive enemy like some Armenians we know here

But those types of Armenians in question usually end up hurting Armenians and/or Armenia.
                    Exactly, perfect comment!! You really surprised me!!!

Comment

Now let's hope when the army reacts the people will rise against them. And the Kurds from the other side a three way war. That would be awsome to see.

Comment

Working...
                      X