Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Last edited by Vahram; 01-20-2013, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Armenian Army

Comment

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
        http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/docid/50f7bb2b2.html

Like I said before, they are going to try a gas move first. Without the additional gas they can't win against NKR, so first is to secure the gas. If they manage to do something in this field, next on the firing line is us. They are loosing money and influence by the minute. Since they used this strategy they have to continue it otherwise it is a fail. Now you know why I was so happy to see Kazaks in l
        To put this out, Russia is building a bigger navy in the Caspian. With the addition of a greater range of radar coverage from Armenia any outside forces of any kind can be spotted long before they assist Baboon forces.

It is important for us to get the long range radar built in Armenia. The Armenian Defense Minster stated it as well, but some of you are more concerned about my manners instead of the situation at hand! Lets forgo a radar so we can be blind, but for god's sakes don't be rude, we prefer to be blind instead!
        --- important for us ( Armenia ) to get long range radar , Armenian defense minister stated it as well ---
        Can yo show myself or anyone on this forum where the defense minister of Armenia said that ?
        Joseph's post - number 1266 --- dwelling on "rumors" suggesting a similar station may be established in Armenia, Ohanian said --- the issue must be discussed by RA and Russian leadership , Armenia is not against it --- military expert Davit Jamalyan discribed possible construction of a new radar stationing

Armenia as ---unrealistic --- that post and words by RA leadership are only days old.
        In my opinion both Ohanian and Jamalyan are working in coordination with each other.
        For Ohanian to say " we are not against it " is not the same as saying " we want it ". For Jamalyan to say in the same article " it's unrealistic " while Ohanian says we aren't against it in my opinion is is -- one -- politicle statement.
        The Ohanian statement says to Russia --- we are with you ( Russia ) in whatever decision you decide is best , we're your "true friend", while the Jamalyan statement is conveying to Russia --- we " understand " if you don't put it ( radar of that magnitude ) in Armenia.
        My research shows the Daryal radar ( baku ) will never be built again. Time approx. a decade + cost plus virtual inability to swiftly redirect + incredible start up time has doomed them.
        The " bmews" which is the new " Voronezh " ( 2 types , "m" & "dh" ) are as capable and are highly modular, more nimble and only takes approx. 3years to construct + easier shutdown, maintainence and restart.
        Further more the Krasnador Voronezh radar is scheduled to start up this year ! That's already a done deal.
        can you ( Vahram ) show myself or anyone else on this forum any words, or sentences, or paragraphs written by any club member that is speaking negatively about pitting a long range radar in Armenia ? Can you show myself or anyone else on this forum a post by any member of this forum that says they don't want a long range radar built in Armenia ?
        My research is showing me at least 2 things --- Russia wanted to double the baku station capability by adding a Voronezh module to the existing Daryal system in place. This was only beneficial because the old and encredibly expensive Daryal system was already in place. ( But ) baboonieve insisted not only ownership of the facility -- but -- ownership of the equipment as well. Knot heads are dead in the water.
        Vahram ***** stick to the topic **** your comments about my mother or any of my family members had and has absolutely no place in this conversation !!!
        Do not speak of them again !!!!!!!!!
        The points I have brought up here are of relevance to these radars and placement.
        To repeat --- where does our defense minister say Armenia wants these particular radars ?? ( and ) where does any member say they don't want these radar ??

Artashes

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	sjd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	538912
          Very interesting .... near Stepanakert.....What's that? S-300 division???

Comment

NKR Defense Army
            Special Forces

Comment

If Russia fails to agree with Azerbaijan lease of the Gabala missile defense radar, Armenia is ready to provide a site on its territory for construction of the radar, Kommersant daily reported on Wednesday, quoting Armenian Prime Minister Tigran Sargsyan.

“There may even be advantages, because Aremenia is a mountainous country. Coverage can be broader,” Sargsyan said.
              Armenian Prime Minister Tigran Sargsyan told journalists that Yerevan is ready to consider the possibility of leasing its territory for the construction of an alternative radar installation to the Gabala RLS
              Russia is interested in building a new facility. This means that after ending the use of the Gabala station, Russia will most likely build a new station in Armenia
              wonder where the location will be for the new radar station.

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                where does any member say they don't want these radar ??
                Well, to play devil's advocate, Armenia should not actively pursue such a radar on its territory. It would do nothing but contribute more to the vertical relationship between Russia and Armenia. Now, don't get me wrong, I think that Russia is Armenia's greatest ally and we should do much to strengthen ties. The Gyumri base, for example, is acceptable, as it brings benefit to both Russia and Armenia. However, a radar base only strengthens Russia's position in the Caspian and Middle East regions, which Armenia should not involve itself in.

Anything that brings tangible benefits to both nations is OK though. But we cannot allow Russia to treat Armenian territory as an extension of its own.

Also: I know this is not military related, but it may be the consequence of weakening Azerbaijani-Russian relations:

Azerbaijani-Russian trade turnover down 17.3% in 2012

January 21, 2013 - 21:22 AMT
                PanARMENIAN.Net - Azerbaijani-Russian trade turnover fell 17.3 percent last year to $2.34 billion, Azerbaijan’s State Customs Committee said on Monday, Jan 21, according to RIA Novosti.
                Azerbaijan’s exports to Russia dropped 19.2 percent (to $959,838,000), and its imports were down 16 percent ($1.38 billion). Azerbaijan’s negative trade balance was over $418 million in 2012, compared to $453.2 million in 2011. Russia accounted for 4.1 percent of Azerbaijan’s total export and 14.28 percent of its import in 2012.
                Last edited by davidoga; 01-21-2013, 05:35 PM.

Comment

I disagree. I think such a radar system makes Armenia stronger strategicaly. The back n forth diplomavy between Russia and EU/USA has worked well for us but there was never any doubt about who our strategic partner is. A effective radar system on armenian soil will increase our strategic importance to the Russian Federation thus gueranteeing further frustration for the turks on both our borders. Deepening ties with Russia is a good thing.

Originally posted by davidoga View Post
                  Well, to play devil's advocate, Armenia should not actively pursue such a radar on its territory. It would do nothing but contribute more to the vertical relationship between Russia and Armenia. Now, don't get me wrong, I think that Russia is Armenia's greatest ally and we should do much to strengthen ties. The Gyumri base, for example, is acceptable, as it brings benefit to both Russia and Armenia. However, a radar base only strengthens Russia's position in the Caspian and Middle East regions, which Armenia should not involve itself in.

Anything that brings tangible benefits to both nations is OK though. But we cannot allow Russia to treat Armenian territory as an extension of its own.

Also: I know this is not military related, but it may be the consequence of weakening Azerbaijani-Russian relations:
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by davidoga View Post

Depending of negotiated deal it does not have to be vertical relationship. There is a fine thread here, to involve Russia in our country with deep investments and teritorial interests to counter neighboring countries influences and keeping Russian policies in our favor and maintaining the ability to maneuver independently.
                    More unified and organized Armenia from within and it's diaspora(especially Russian diaspora) are, the more room and opportunities will exist for such maneuvers.

Comment

I agree with Haykakan. The more Russia invests or has invested in Armenia, the better for Armenia because it will give Russia further reasons to ensure Armenia's survival. And especially with an immobile key piece of military infrastructure like this radar being discussed. Particularly as Russia's primary concern has always been to strengthen her capabilities in defending her vast territories, which necessitates advanced and far flung radars to foresee hostile activities as early as it can.

And we need more strategic foresight: strengthening Russia's position in the Caucasus, Caspian and Middle East is to our great benefit, as it automatically weakens turkish and azerbaijani positions there. turkey and azerbaijan are primitive and barbaric entities, they only understand the language of strength and weakness. Further, if turkey feels the Bear gaining strength in the Middle East it will increase turkish fears about meddling in Syrian affairs, which benefits Armenia-friendly Syria and the large and important Armenian community in Syria.

Comment

Working...
                      X