Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Command staff exercises of the Armenian police took place at “Arzni” airport

Comment

Originally posted by AstalaVist View Post
      My mistake.

I guess this is the first time that we are showing it. Hope Smerch's are the next
      no,we showed KuBs in 2013 for first time

Comment

Last edited by burjuin; 09-17-2014, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HyeFighter2 View Post
          the ones with Multicam are SSO (Special Operation Team) in Italian camp those are Intelligence, and in Armpat paratroopers. we have some examples of submachine guns, but those are not in use, we buy russian made stuff i think,
          Thanks. I was a bit confused on that one.

Interesting interview with Syrian Army BMP-2 Driver. Points out one of the only and major flaws of the vehicle. BMP-2s are one of the best counters against Azerbaijans 300 Otokar Cobras, which proved to be ineffective against BMP-2s in the Russo-Georgian War

Last edited by Chubs; 09-17-2014, 09:20 AM.
          Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Comment

no,we showed KuBs in 2013 for first time
              Really? I am seeing it for the first time. Is there any footage from 2013?

Comment

Originally posted by AstalaVist View Post
                Really? I am seeing it for the first time. Is there any footage from 2013?
                yeah from zinuzh they showed like 30 sec only.
                we must have 2 divisions of those systems since russian 102 base had them before, and we are getting all the stuff from that base when they bring new things, like BuK

Comment

yeah from zinuzh they showed like 30 sec only.
                  we must have 2 divisions of those systems since russian 102 base had them before, and we are getting all the stuff from that base when they bring new things, like BuK

I've learned we have a counter for Azeri helicopters. Igla launchers mounted on MT-LBs. Its basically the anti-aircraft version of that. It will be able to take out Azeri SU-25s and mi-35s.

Speaking of fighters. Eddo, do you know of any modernization programs for the MiG-25?

Also, I was thinking....I wonder what we are spending the 800,000 USD from China on...

Does anyone think this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Army
                  needs some updating? Especially the armor section.

The PT-72U stuff is still there, it still says we have 50 BMP2s when other sources suggest we have about 100..

I was taking a look at some older pages and I saw that people made very good points about the BMP2s...

They all have horrible survivability records. While, I dont know about AKM rounds piercing its armor lol, I know for a fact NSV/KORD will definitely pierce a BMP-2s side armor if fired from a close range, either killing the crew or setting them all on fire. Although, BMP-2s are relatively faster than its Western counterparts...(I doubt it would make a huge difference in a mountainous environment. It is semi-decent for troop transport although MRAPs would absolutely destroy them in this category.

Armenia should probably stop buying BMP-2s as it did in 2012/2013..and start purchasing either BMP-3s from Russia or ZBD-08/4 from China...We wouldn't be able to buy Western IFVs unfortunately....Western IFVs are the absolute best. They were all made to counter the BMP systems. ( BMP-2 is far from trash, I saw a video if one of them surviving an IED blast. It was hit and was able to peel back down the road. All crew and troops survived.)

I know I continue to stress that IFVs are important, because they are. They not only support infantry in combat operations, but they also support MBTs in taking out RPG teams, and any other possible threats.

A tank needs an IFV for fire support and transporting troops. Troops are of course essential for tanks, as troops engage enemy infantry and anti-tank teams. To conduct an operation with just MBTs with no IFV/Infantry support is suicide.

In order to insure that the infantry actually get to the battle, you would need a reliable and resistance IFV to transport them. BMP-2s...Just don't cut it in the resistance area because they are poorly armored. I know that Armenian officials know about this..but I see they are doing nothing to change it. They continue to purchase BMP-2s and continue to use those god awful BMP-1s.

While the BMP-2 is a reliable workhorse. It has serious flaws that endanger the lives of Armenian soldiers in all combat scenarios. Armenia should actively either begin the purchase of better IFVs/MRAPs, or start thinking about domestic production or even purchasing IFVs from Georgia. Their Lazika seems to be much more well armored, although lacking in fire power. Perhaps even conduct deals with Russia and get some early access to BMD-4s and probably purchase some BMD-2s. As they seem to be more well armored.
                  Last edited by Chubs; 09-17-2014, 11:32 PM.
                  Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Comment

KARABAKH SOLDIER KILLED BY ENEMY FIRE

11:30 18/09/2014 >> SOCIETY

On September 18, an Armenian soldier, Mher Hakobyan, 24, died of a
                      gunshot wound after being shot by Azerbaijani forces in a frontline
                      position of a military unit in the southern direction of the Line
                      of Contact of Nagorno-Karabakh's and Azerbaijan's troops, the NKR
                      Defense Ministry said.

An investigation is underway.

The NKR Defense Ministry shares the grief of the loss and extends
                      sympathy to the family, relatives and fellow servicemen of the soldier.

Source: Panorama.am
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X