Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
    Haykakan jan, I'd rather look into this all as a part of a bigger picture.
    There is this issue of open air over Artsakh and resuming cyvilian flights to Stepanakert. We have been ready to commence for a while, but azeris have been vehemently stating that they will shoot any cyvilian flight down.
    I think that our leadership has been probing azeris for their real intentions and actions for a while. It could have been a cyvilian plane shot with many casualties instead of a military helicpter, in which case no retaliation would have any bearing short of a full scale war.
    There had to be an incident and ensuing situation for this issue to either clear up to our needs or to come to a new reality that can give us a free hand in balancing or restraining azeris.
    Now our military can and should shoot down any azeri plane near our borders.
    It has to become an international issue and subject to negotiations in lew of casualties(in which, azeri side bears the responcibility coupled with their losses) and danger of escalation, for us to get azeris to commit to open air in conflict areas.
    I tend to think that this kind of a scenario was at least considered. Especially after how our special forces resolved the issue of retrieving the bodies (just like as it looks as if azeris were prepared to shoot an aircraft over the border, whith their cameras ready).
    We have to close that option of shooting cyvilian plane down for azeris. So far all negotiations with them have been fruitless.
    Only options left are the incidents and ensuing reality.
    ---- and insuing reality ----
    Things have changed. They set a precedent, changing the 20 year status quo. They escalated this confrontation. New rules have come into play. They never operated by the rules in the first place. It was us that maintained any true civility and honor.
    Our hands are untied. They untied them. They fkd up.
    Discretion is the better part of valor. That's what this latest operation was ... A valiant operation done with great discretion.
    A vast and sweeping rearrangement on our part is taking place on our part (behind the scenes).
    In my opinion, this favors us as it takes the "gloves off" for us.
    We have gotten honor out of this, they, have once again shown the world their heartless intransigence.
    Our military is swirling with activity in the reconfigure to address this new paradigm.

Comment

Ինչպե՞ս է կատարվել հատուկ գործողությունը. աղբյուր

Արցախի զինված ուժերի հատուկ նշանակության ստորաբաժանումների զինծառայողները հատուկ գործողությանը պատրաստվել են օրեր շարունակ, հայկական զինուժի մասնագետները նախապես պլանավորել են ամեն ինչ, ուսումնասիրել բոլոր մանրուքները, այնուհետեւ անցել գործի: Այս մասին հայտնել է ԼՂՀ ՊԲ-ում NEWS.am-ի աղբյուրը:

Աղբյուրի փոխանցմամբ՝ Ադրբեջանը իմացել է, որ հայերը գնալու են խոցված ուղղաթիռի հետեւից, ուստի ծուղակ էին պատրաստել ուղղաթիռի շրջակայքում, սակայն հայ զինծառայողները նախ վերացրել են ծուղակը, այնուհետեւ մոտեցել են ուղղաթիռին: Այդ ընթացքում նրանք ոչնչացրել են լուսարձակ պահող ադրբեջանցուն ու նրա կողքին կանգնած զինծառայակցին, դա արել են անաղմուկ, այնպես, որ արդրբեջանական կողմի հերթափոխում ոչինչ չեն իմացել։

Աղբյուրի փոխանցմամբ՝ ուղղաթիռը խոցվելուց երկու մասի է բաժանվել, մի մասը այրվել է, իսկ քթամասին գտնվող զինծառայողի դին պահպանվել է, քանի որ այն չի այրվել։

Ավելի վաղ NEWS.am-ը հաղորդել էր, որ հաշվի առնելով Ադրբեջանի կողմից ինչ-որ մեկին ուղղաթիռին մոտ թողնելու կտրուկ մերժումները, ԼՂՀ ՊԲ հրամանատարությունը մարտական խնդրի կատարման արդյունքում դեպքի վայրից տարհանել է ուղղաթիռի անձնակազմից մեկի դին, երկու օդաչուների մասունքները և ուղղաթիռի որոշ անհրաժեշտ մասեր։

Նշենք, որ խոցված ուղղաթիռի զոհված երեք օդաչուներն են ուղղաթիռի հրամանատար մայոր Սերգեյ Սահակյանը, երկու զինծառայողներ, լեյտենանտ Ազատ Սահակյանը եւ ավագ լեյտենանտ Սարգիս Նազարյանը:

Հիշեցնենք, որ ԼՂՀ ՊՆ-ի փոխանցմամբ՝ ղարաբաղա-ադրբեջանական սահմանի արեւելյան հատվածի օդային տարածքում նոյեմբերի 12-ին, ժամը 13.45-ի սահմաններում ուսումնավարժական թռիչքի ժամանակ ադրբեջանական ԶՈւ-ի կողմից հրադադարի ռեժիմի խախտման արդյունքում խոցվել է ԼՂՀ ՌՕՈւ «Մի-24» ուղղաթիռը: Խոցման վայրը շփման գծին չափազանց մոտ էր: Հակառակորդը շարունակում էր տարբեր տրամաչափի հրաձգային զենքերից ինտենսիվ կրակ վարել դեպքի վայրի ուղղությամբ՝ թույլ չտալով մոտենալ ուղղաթիռի անկման վայրին:

Ադրբեջանը իմացել է, որ հայերը գնալու են խոցված ուղղաթիռի հետեւից, ուստի ծուղակ էին պատրաստել ուղղաթիռի շրջակայքում...

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
        ---- and insuing reality ----
        Things have changed. They set a precedent, changing the 20 year status quo. They escalated this confrontation. New rules have come into play. They never operated by the rules in the first place. It was us that maintained any true civility and honor.
        Our hands are untied. They untied them. They fkd up.
        Discretion is the better part of valor. That's what this latest operation was ... A valiant operation done with great discretion.
        A vast and sweeping rearrangement on our part is taking place on our part (behind the scenes).
        In my opinion, this favors us as it takes the "gloves off" for us.
        We have gotten honor out of this, they, have once again shown the world their heartless intransigence.
        Our military is swirling with activity in the reconfigure to address this new paradigm.
        Artashes, are you seriously saying to us, that Armenian soldiers have never violated the ceasefire? I have absolutely no doubt in my mind, Armenians have violated the ceasefire many times. Whether it be in retaliation or just acts of emotion by our troops on the border. If one of my friends was nailed in the head, than I would not hesitate to send a couple dozen rounds in the direction of the enemy trench.

Honor isn't gonna save your ass, when there is a T90 700 meters away. "Honor" is a load of BS, lets be realistic and get back down to Earth.

Artashes, are you seriously suggesting that there is civility in war? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no civility in war. War is war, its killing. You have limitations, but civil human beings do not kill each other.

If the status quo is changed, than we do what we need, to revert it back. Escalation, is not an option. Simply escalating the conflict yourself, with the excuse "They did it first!" is not appropriate. Let's just remember who is really pulling the strings in this conflict.

I can understand the victim's family's position on the operation. I wouldn't want more lives lost while retrieving my son's/partner's body. I would feel responsible.

Reddit was nice enough to make this, Hyefighter, if you want to use your photoshop skills to make an infographic, I think the creator of this image would appreciate it:
        Last edited by Chubs; 11-22-2014, 06:41 PM.
        Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Originally posted by Chubs View Post
          Artashes, are you seriously saying to us, that Armenian soldiers have never violated the ceasefire? I have absolutely no doubt in my mind, Armenians have violated the ceasefire many times. Whether it be in retaliation or just acts of emotion by our troops on the border. If one of my friends was nailed in the head, than I would not hesitate to send a couple dozen rounds in the direction of the enemy trench.

Honor isn't gonna save your ass, when there is a T90 700 meters away. "Honor" is a load of BS, lets be realistic and get back down to Earth.

Artashes, are you seriously suggesting that there is civility in war? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no civility in war. War is war, its killing. You have limitations, but civil human beings do not kill each other.

If the status quo is changed, than we do what we need, to revert it back. Escalation, is not an option. Simply escalating the conflict yourself, with the excuse "They did it first!" is not appropriate. Let's just remember who is really pulling the strings in this conflict.

I can understand the victim's mother's position on the operation. I wouldn't want more lives lost while retrieving my son's body. I would feel responsible.
          http://news.am/arm/videos/718.html
          What Artashes is implying in my opinion is that every time rules of ceasefire and international laws and agreements have been broken by azeri side in almost all cases (maybe because they feel stronger by all those purchases, but in my opinion because of other reasons), which by our strong resolve and unity have brought us moral and diplomatic victories, while becoming losses for azeris.
          This time too, when gloves come out, our actions give us moral high ground again.
          Reality or BS or not by your opinion, the feeling of moral correctness is important for our army. I think it is important for everybody.
          That is why azeri soldiers do not compare to ours. They feel themselves inferior in every aspect and that translates to uncontrollable fear.
          Go watch the battle for Sarsang filmed on azery side by NTV. The scene in the bus where about 30-40 azeri soldiers scream and moan with their cries because of fear says it all. They act the same as a criminal does as he is about to be cought by law(in panic, irrational and uncontrollable).
          It's all about righteousness, honor and moral hight ground. Whithout it best weaponry won't help.
          Last edited by Hakob; 11-22-2014, 07:14 PM.

Comment

What Artashes is implying in my opiniton is that almost every time rules of ceasefire and international laws and agreements have been broken by azeri side in almost all cases (maybe because they feel stronger by all those purchases, but in my opinion because of other reasons), which by our strong resolve and unity have brought us moral and diplomatic victories, while becoming losses for azeris.
            This time too, when gloves come out, our actions give us moral high ground again.
            Reality or BS or not by your opinion, the feeling of moral corectedness is important for our army. I think it is important for everybody.
            That is why azeri soldiers do not compare to ours. They feel themselfs inferior in every aspect and that translates to uncontrollable fear.
            Go watch the battle for Sarsang filmed on azery side by NTV. The scene in the bus where about 30-40 azeri soldiers scream and moan with their cries in fear says it all. They act the same as a criminal does as he is about to be cought by law.
            It's all about righteoseness, honor and moral hight ground. Whithout it best weaponry won't help.
            While that is understandable, the only thing moral high ground contributes to is international support and troop morale. Honor has nothing to do with it, honor is just an illusion that has been fabricated to rationalize murder, killing, and suffering. Honor, fortunately, is an illusion that has been lifted out of most armed forces. (Honor didn't do anything for the Japanese)

I agree, Azeris have not exactly done anything that makes them look good, and don't plan on it, but simply moral high ground wont win wars. What wins wars, is professionalism, organization, preparedness, and wit.

I would never equate today's Azeri conscripts to criminals. I would say, that they are just 18 year old boys, being pushed to sit at a trench all day, get shot at, and be sincerely fearful for their lives.

They do not compare to ours, because Armenian soldiers experience alot less troubles, better training, and regularly have their morale boosted. Armenian soldiers are general much more professional, and their morale is high. Just look at the 2010 skirmish, we watched either Azeri military quality plummet, or Armenian military quality sky rocket in the last few years. I think we thank our Defense minister for that.

Its not about righteousness, or honor. You know who else feels righteous? ISIS. Righteousness, like honor, is an illusion.

Comment

I think Azeris are scared of full scale war more than Armenians.....but we think the opposite.
              Azerbaijan has alot more to loose than Armenia during full scale war, economic shutdown, military getting their butts kicked trying to take Artsakh. Aliyev will loose power, ect. You shoot two or three of them the rest run like rabbits where our forces will neutralize them.
              They just like taking crap shots at us and play with their new toys.

As far as flight to Artsakh, they should start right away.......the first flights can be cargo operations fitted into commercial aircraft with no passengers.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

What Artashes is implying in my opinion is that every time rules of ceasefire and international laws and agreements have been broken by azeri side in almost all cases (maybe because they feel stronger by all those purchases, but in my opinion because of other reasons), which by our strong resolve and unity have brought us moral and diplomatic victories, while becoming losses for azeris.
                Reality or BS or not by your opinion, the feeling of moral correctness is important for our army. I think it is important for everybody.
                That is why azeri soldiers do not compare to ours. They feel themselves inferior in every aspect and that translates to uncontrollable fear.
                Go watch the battle for Sarsang filmed on azery side by NTV. The scene in the bus where about 30-40 azeri soldiers scream and moan with their cries because of fear says it all. They act the same as a criminal does as he is about to be cought by law(in panic, irrational and uncontrollable).
                It's all about righteousness, honor and moral hight ground. Whithout it best weaponry won't help.
                Your right Hakob, morality & decency & honor are --- REAL --- things and important to one and all.
                Goes to the very core of who we are.

A quote from the post by chubs Hakob referes to ... Honor is bs ...
                For all to see ...

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                  I think Azeris are scared of full scale war more than Armenians.....but we think the opposite.
                  Azerbaijan has alot more to loose than Armenia during full scale war, economic shutdown, military getting their butts kicked trying to take Artsakh. Aliyev will loose power, ect. You shoot two or three of them the rest run like rabbits where our forces will neutralize them.
                  They just like taking crap shots at us and play with their new toys.

As far as flight to Artsakh, they should start right away.......the first flights can be cargo operations fitted into commercial aircraft with no passengers.
                  I somewhat agree on the first point. Though at the moment continued peace means continued victory for us, that land means much much much less to them than to us. Also, their operations will be limited to Artsakh, where as Armenia can attack everything they have and then some. So while at best, they regain some of Artsakh and with it a bill of billions of dollars of infrastructure that will need to be built to integrate the land, at worst they can lose much more land, have their economic in shatters, and the sultan can have his head chopped off.

But as far as civilian flights, that's a whole different matter. It's not going to be very plausible. Would you risk very realistic chance of death and take that flight? I know I wouldn't, and I can't imagine too many other people who would either. The cargo idea though is a realistic and interesting concept.
                  Last edited by Mher; 11-22-2014, 07:51 PM.

Comment

I will take that first cargo flight.....there will be volunteers. Pilots are crazy to begin with, different bread, they be lined up to take the flights I bet you anything.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Well, I am not surprised the Azeris were lying about the crash site position. I used google earth to measure the distance, and the creator of the image got it almost spot on.

To closest part of the Azeri trench ≈220 meters

To closest part of the Armenian trench ≈260 meters

Guess what? To the exact spot where the Igla was fired ≈500 meters

Comment

Working...
                      X