Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

A big war is becoming more and more of a possibility in our region. Scary things are happening and much scarier things can come of it all. Turkey is not what scares me. I think Iraq backed by Iran and Russia will make quick work of the ugly birds. The scary part is USA. As USA sees its influence decline and that of BRICS increase, it may decide to trigger a new world war to change that trajectory. This could have huge negative consequences for all involved even a nuclear war may not be out of the question.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmeniaSacra View Post
      You know something...I'm sick and tired of some Armenians always casting doubt about everything in Armenia. And now some of you are questioning the authenticity of these videos. WOW! great job! with citizens like you, I don't think our people is in need of any external enemies! Come to your senses! These are mortar rounds going down, and if you notice closely, many of the rounds are hitting sand covered ground. What damage exactly are you expecting? Moreover, have you ever seen a mortar round exploding? I have..A mortar is not a high explosive weapon, neither it is something coming out of an American Action movie where huge explosions are associated with any type of weapons. I know some of you always expect a huge fireball to be associated with any military operation (that's how you see it in the movies) but frankly, most weapons do not cause such exaggerated imaginary explosions that you expect, unless they are coming from thermobaric warheads. Add this to the fact that the video is being shot from UAV from a certain altitude diagonally and you would understand your own disappointment of these explosions.

If the explosions are animated...than what about the soldiers running in perfect sequence with the timings of the explosions? What about that? animated too? So this is all a theatrical show prepared by our defense ministry? Wow! amazing! hats off to some of you! and we're still questioning why Armenia isn't a forward thinking nation? Frankly, the woes of Armenia are not only due to its inadequate governance. It's equally due to a national mentality of living through conspiracy theories, fairy tales and blaming everyone else for our own failures. As long as this mentality dominates in our population, Armenia will remain in this situation whether governed by the best of people or the worst.

Sorry if anyone feels offended...but I'm tired of this mentality!
      Here, here!!! Agree
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

I thinking Russia beefing up the base isn't just for turkey, its for their pet Azerbaijan as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
          I know this song was created for Hereyas but I always listen to it with Artsakh in mind.

And here I thought I was the only one!

Comment

I am no expert in computer tricks so no comments there expect burjuin's video looks very real to me.

One thing I can comment on is that the slow flying UAV looks to be at 5000ft to 6000ft at airspeeds bellow 60 knots. At one point the UAV comes to a what seem to be a hover (airspeed 0) so my guess would be that a Heli UAV was used in this special ops.
            From those altitudes craters created by bombs are hard to see (on video) when you are at an angle and the terrain is already dugged up trenches.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

If true,this proves the fact that we have few drones that tape them fantastic videos that have been published

Defense Ministry has disseminated an information.
              Another Armenian drone has been destroyed, Oxu.az reports with reference to the Defense Ministry.
              Armenian drone DJI Inspire1 Quadcopter that attempted to fly over the positions of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces in the area of Terter district, was detected and destroyed on 9 December at about 9:00 local time.
              Last edited by argin; 12-10-2015, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Defense Ministry: Escalation on frontline grows dramatically
                Thu 10 December 2015 09:52 GMT | 1:52 Local Time

Escalation has grown dramatically on the contact line of Azerbaijani and Armenian troops.
                This escalation is created by Armenia, said spokesman for the Defense Ministry of Azerbaijan, colonel Vagif Dergahli, Oxu.Az reports citing Milli.Az.

He said the cases of ceasefire violation and use of mortars have become frequent on the frontline.
                "Armenians have lost dozens of soldiers but report of single victims. Today they have spread the information about the loss of one soldier, saying he was killed by a sniper. But they do not indicate where it happened. Azerbaijani side does not fix their losses," he said.
                The spokesman could not cite the reason of the increased tensions.
                "We cannot associate it with anything because Armenians frequently violate stability and escalate the situation on the front. This all has to do with the military and political leadership of Armenia, Defense Minister Seyran Ohanian and President Serzh Sargdsyan. The criminal regime and the military and political leadership of Armenia are to be blamed for the response actions of the Azerbaijani army," Dergagli said.

Comment

Them pigs are pissed

Azerbaijan warns Armenia

Wed 09 December 2015 14:46 GMT | 6:46 Local TimeA mass attack against the enemy is under preparation.

Defense Ministry has disseminated an information about the shelling of settlements of Azerbaijan by the Armenian occupants.
                  Oxu.Az According to the Ministry, on 9 December, the Armenian armed forces fired at Azerbaijani villages with mortars and heavy machine guns throughout the day.
                  "Ministry of Defence warns that the Azerbaijani army will take countermeasures for the destruction of the enemy's positions and military facilities in the settlements located near the front line, from which they shell our civilians and the responsibility for this will be borne by the criminal regime in Armenia," the Ministry says.

Comment

Originally posted by argin View Post
                    If true,this proves the fact that we have few drones that tape them fantastic videos that have been published

Armenian drone DJI Inspire1 Quadcopter
                    I knew that would be a DJI from its fix position with gimbal. Those are cheaper than one shell.
                    Keep them up in the sky for less than $1000 with camera.
                    I am not sure how the azeris can take them down ... they are around a foot in diameter hundreds feet in the air.
                    If we see the video, means it returned back and was not destroyed. You can view a low res. quality on your phone/tablet for flying while the hi res. is recorded on an sd card.
                    Last edited by Azad; 12-10-2015, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by argin View Post
                      Them pigs are pissed
                      They just got their asses handed to them.......never seen baboon run that fast from their post.

Payback is a biatch.....lying about civilian deaths I won't be surprised if they shot their own or just plain BS. How low can you get you no good toonbar (baggy pants) wearing crybabies.

All those toys Aerbaijan has been buying will be ours after we confiscate them.
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X