Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Armenian Army

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
      As I posted before, the Yak 130 is an exceptional aircraft. Beside being the best trainor for the supersonic bad boys , the electronics/avionics/weapons capability go from 4++ to 5th generation.
      The operating cost is 4 to 6 times less. They have the new maintainence as needed regiment that also reduces dramatically cost/down time .
      At 650 mph (all day/night long) they are death to any enemy ground troops. Nobody really flys transonic except to get to supersonic. You either fly 650 or go supersonic.
      For everyday patrol ,the cost saving is huge + the saving of wear and tear on the su25, su 30 sm is great.their stand off capability is equal to any aircraft flown today except for radar size. They got everything else.
      A real asset for Hayastan.
      Forgot to say ... Handling is great and they are dirt cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
        Israel is just 20,000 sq.km, half of Armenia +Artsakh combined, and they have hundreds of F-16s

Qatar flies Mirage 2000 and Rafale

Bahrian flies F-16

Countries much smaller than Armenia.

If we keep saying Armenia is a small country, we're not going to get something every air force needs, air-superiority fighters.

They will be used to intercept/bomb, rather than long missions.
        I wasn't saying Armenia is a small country and should therefore not invest in airforce. What I said was that since Armenia is such a small country, it would be impossible to have these jets and keep it a secret for very long. Unlike tanks, you cant just go behind a hill 5 km away from Stepanakert and practice, and nobody will know what you're doing. So if we do indeed acquire them, we won't have to sit here and wonder for ten years whether its true or not.

But given the realities of our current budget, and the disadvantage we do already have, and the fact that our current focus is maintaining what we have, and discouraging a war, unless Russia is feeling like Santa Claus and gave them away for 10-20% of the price, I don't see how we afford them. And unlike other things that Russia just throws our way for our little conflict because they have no use for them, the Su-30 is a highly advanced and modern weapon that they do need, so I don't see them just giving it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
          I wasn't saying Armenia is a small country and should therefore not invest in airforce. What I said was that since Armenia is such a small country, it would be impossible to have these jets and keep it a secret for very long. Unlike tanks, you cant just go behind a hill 5 km away from Stepanakert and practice, and nobody will know what you're doing. So if we do indeed acquire them, we won't have to sit here and wonder for ten years whether its true or not.

But given the realities of our current budget, and the disadvantage we do already have, and the fact that our current focus is maintaining what we have, and discouraging a war, unless Russia is feeling like Santa Claus and gave them away for 10-20% of the price, I don't see how we afford them. And unlike other things that Russia just throws our way for our little conflict because they have no use for them, the Su-30 is a highly advanced and modern weapon that they do need, so I don't see them just giving it away.
          Agreed. Anyway unlike those small Gulf Arab countries, we don't have oil to be able to buy everything we want and then maintain it and Israel has a sugar daddy (USA) that gifts it billions every year.

P.S. The Su-30SM actually made its debut recently in Syria, if people are interested in that jet.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by armo12 View Post
            http://www.defenseworld.net/news/151...a#.VqPJEXOxXqA

If this turns out to be true,armenia will have total air supremacy in the region
            We won't know for sure until we see the Armenian roundel painted on the aircraft.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

CSTO “Indestructible Brotherhood 2015” military exercises in Armenia

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post

Our purchases are not budget based, they are relation-based. There is a huge standoff between Russia and Turkey, and we are Russia's only hope in this region.
                We joined Russia's Eurasian Union, and this year our budget shrank for the 1st time since independence, because in the EEU, the customs tax of imports is split between countries, and Russia's shrinked because of importing sanctions on the EU. We are a member of CSTO, Gazprom controls everything in terms of gas supplies, Rosneft controls all of the petrol market. There is no reason Russia will not prop us up. Some 10 jets is nothing for Russia. Also, this is not Armenia of 1995.

I will tell you one thing, after living in Lebanon for 25 years, if we are not strong, NO ONE will respect us, even your best neighbour which you drink coffee with.
                Last edited by armnuke; 01-25-2016, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Armenian Police troops

Comment

We don't have beneficial terrain in the tavoosh borders and most of our losses Come from there,if true this isn't good,but again it's Azeri media so I doubt it in some ways

Azerbaijani army gains control of height at border with Armenia – Defense Ministry

Baku. Hafiz Heydarov – APA. Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry on Monday confirmed media reports that the country’s army has gained the control of the height of Odundagh at the border with Armenia.

A number of web-based media outlets in Azerbaijan have published reports citing Armenian sources that the Azerbaijani army has taken control of the height of Odundagh located somewhere between Azerbaijan’s Gazakh district and Armenia’s Noyemberyan district and that surrounding Armenian territories can now be clearly observed, the ministry’s press service told APA.

The defense ministry confirmed the fact, noting that Azerbaijani armed units have seized the height due to its strategic importance and fortified it in terms of combat engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                      Forgot to say ... Handling is great and they are dirt cheap.
                      15 million dollars,not so cheap... The su-30mk2 costs 37.5 million (couldn't find the price of the su-30sm)

Comment

Working...
                      X