Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

@gokorik: Azerbaijan has made a habit of sugarcoating its shortfalls. Make no mistake, this was not a commercial fallout between a defense firm and Azerbaijan. This was a political gesture by the United States.
    Last edited by davidoga; 07-03-2012, 06:41 PM.

Comment

"Azerbaijan has made a habit of sugarcoating its shortfalls. Make no mistake, this was not a commercial fallout between a defense firm and Azerbaijan. This was a political gesture by the United States. "

I think you are putting too much faith in what the US says. Remember everyone can say one thing what they do is another story. So the US says one thing but Billions of arms are sold to the baboon from Israel. What is the difference? The baboon still gets what it wants and needs from one of the good ole boys.

We should smell the coffee, all of us including me! Make no mistakes, we simply can’t afford to make any more mistakes. Remember the words “ Our ships can’t climb mountains “ These wise words were spoken by one of our so called Allies, who now turn around with the same breath and call Genocide “ So called “ What brave Armo’s fighting, while the profits went to the Englishmen, who can’t even face Turkish history. In fact even big bad America can't say the G word. Even after presidential candidate after candidate say the G word just for show. Yet once they are president they give you the figure each and every time. Only so Armo’s with popcorn glued to their TV sets waiting time after time to hear the G word. We are a sad lot indeed, and should by now have understood that the only way is regenge. Everything else is yet another hope of some stupid dream that Armo’s still have. We wait again, look at words only to be bitten in the arse by the same so called Allies. With friends like these no one needs an enemy!

Getze Hayastan!

Comment

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
        "Azerbaijan has made a habit of sugarcoating its shortfalls. Make no mistake, this was not a commercial fallout between a defense firm and Azerbaijan. This was a political gesture by the United States. "

I think you are putting too much faith in what the US says. Remember everyone can say one thing what they do is another story. So the US says one thing but Billions of arms are sold to the baboon from Israel. What is the difference? The baboon still gets what it wants and needs from one of the good ole boys.

We should smell the coffee, all of us including me! Make no mistakes, we simply can’t afford to make any more mistakes. Remember the words “ Our ships can’t climb mountains “ These wise words were spoken by one of our so called Allies, who now turn around with the same breath and call Genocide “ So called “ What brave Armo’s fighting, while the profits went to the Englishmen, who can’t even face Turkish history. In fact even big bad America can't say the G word. Even after presidential candidate after candidate say the G word just for show. Yet once they are president they give you the figure each and every time. Only so Armo’s with popcorn glued to their TV sets waiting time after time to hear the G word. We are a sad lot indeed, and should by now have understood that the only way is regenge. Everything else is yet another hope of some stupid dream that Armo’s still have. We wait again, look at words only to be bitten in the arse by the same so called Allies. With friends like these no one needs an enemy!

Getze Hayastan!
        Well, the fact remains that no US defense industry would be able to do business with Azerbaijan even if they wanted to. I don't see what your objection is. I am ready to trust American news before Azeri news.

You're right about the genocide issue in the US, there is nothing that the Armenian community can do except be passive. I have experienced first hand the efforts of the ANCA (which, btw, was instrumental in blocking US arms deal with Azerbaijan), but they will have marginal effects. That being said, I think that Obama is our best chance. Yes, he broke is promise in the first term, but that is because he has to look out for the well being of America (which, atm, means good relations with Turkey).

After he gets re-elected, I think he is more likely to speak honestly about the Genocide. In this years speech, he did say "My views about history have not changed" which is something unique and I believe that this is a message to the Armenian community saying "Don't give up on me yet."

Comment

"Well, the fact remains that no US defense industry would be able to do business with Azerbaijan even if they wanted to"

Israel will give it to them instead, what difference does it make? The boys that want them to have these items still manage to get them in the hands of the baboon. They just smile at us and placate us and we are stupid enough yet again to have hope, yet again. This cycle is making me sick, I thought Armenians were smart it turns out I was wrong, only some of us are smart.

Fact of the matter remains, a superpower can’t even face someone else’s history, even when they admit to the enslavement of blacks and the genocide of the Indian. Shame on us too, for waiting all this time to hear a word, as if when we hear this word we will get Ararat back.

Facts on the ground is that NKR is in Armenian hands. How did we do this? Well we fought, because we had too but that’s another mater. I guess when fighting is forced down Armenian throats that is when we as a people wake up and fight like we always have. The problem with Armenians is not that they can’t fight, when they are fighting they are doing fine. It is the rest of the time when they are sitting down listening to lizard tongues talk bullsheet talk about this and that, while Armenians are captivated and sit down with buckets of popcorn waiting for a word to be spewed by a bunch of back stabbers and cheaters.

Hey pass the bucket!

I want to eat popcorn too, I’m tired of being smart I want to be stupid just like the rest of you.

[Vahram] Hey Avo, do you think after the commercial is over we will hear the G word?

[Avo] I don’t know but I have hope.

Keep smokin
          Last edited by Vahram; 07-03-2012, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
            "Well, the fact remains that no US defense industry would be able to do business with Azerbaijan even if they wanted to"

Israel will give it to them instead, what difference does it make? The boys that want them to have these items still manage to get them in the hands of the baboon. They just smile at us and placate us and we are stupid enough yet again to have hope, yet again. This cycle is making me sick, I thought Armenians were smart it turns out I was wrong, only some of us are smart.

Fact of the matter remains, a superpower can’t even face someone else’s history, even when they admit to the enslavement of blacks and the genocide of the Indian. Shame on us too, for waiting all this time to hear a word, as if when we hear this word we will get Ararat back.

Facts on the ground is that NKR is in Armenian hands. How did we do this? Well we fought, because we had too but that’s another mater. I guess when fighting is forced down Armenian throats that is when we as a people wake up and fight like we always have. The problem with Armenians is not that they can’t fight, when they are fighting they are dong fine. It is the rest of the time when they are sitting down listening to lizard tongues talk bullsheet talk about this and that, while Armenians are captivated and sit down with buckets of popcorn waiting for a word to be spewed by a bunch of back stabbers and cheaters.

Hey pass the bucket!

I want to eat popcorn too, I’m tired of being smart I want to be stupid just like the rest of you.

[Vahram] Hey Avo, do you think after the commercial is over we will hear the G word?

[Avo] I don’t know but I have hope.

Keep smokin
            It does make a difference. The more Azerbaijan buys from Israel, the more it pushes Iran closer to Armenia. Take note, the last major transaction between Israel and AZ entailed the latter recieving anti-ship missiles. Therefore, from the Armenian standpoint, I believe that we would rather AZ buy from Israel than America.

Personally, I dream of the day that I open news.am and see "Armenia buys Shahab-3D missiles from Iran."

Vahram, there is no oppurtinity cost for waiting. In other words, it's not like expecting the president to use the G word is barring us from doing something more useful. No Armenian just sits on his @ss and waits. Genocide recognition is probably one of the only issue that we can do little about. Every other contribution, business deal, and aid that US gives Armenia/Artsakh is result of our Armenian-American lobbying.

Comment

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Armenian peacekeepers in Afghanistan

Comment

Armenian peacekeepers restart mission in Kosovo

On July 6 a group of 35 Armenian peace-keepers will leave for Kosovo. Armenian peacekeepers will be settled at the US “Bond style” military station near Uroshevac town of Kosovo. They will fulfill peacekeeping in the “East” multinational military group by the rotation principle. Press service of Armenian Ministry of Defense informs about this.

Armenian peacekeepers will be responsible for the patrol service, for the security of the customs, mass disorders, management of the crowds and accompany of the guard-groups.

Armenia has participated in the peacekeeping mission in Kosovo since 2004 but the groups have been taken out of Kosovo as the forces of the mission have been reduced. An agreement with the USA is signed to restart the peacekeeping mission in Kosovo in frame of the “East” multinational military group.

Official ceremony of the accompanying of Armenian peacekeepers will take place on July 6, at 16:00, from the “Zvartnots” airport.

Comment

I deal with a lot of military. Often ask first hand attitude/ experience. Am told it was a genuine buck rugged act and the times were always dangerous. Also told job was impossible and general cituation was not going to change.
                    What task are we doing their?
                    Am told the bad news guys can be anywhere and our(American) guys new they where walking amongst them but could not decern the players from locals.
                    That in fact is a dangerous place anywhere and foriegn troops are always potential targets.
                    They have always put us in heavy spots. If your in that country and your foriegn troops it's serious.
                    Artashes

Comment

Departure of Armenian peacekeepers in Kosovo, 2011

Comment

Working...
                      X