Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Eddo, Id like to ask you another silly question

I play alot of mil sims...(Arma for example)

And I like to fly CAS alot
    One thing I noticed is..the SU25s in many of the mil sims I play can automatically lock on with FABs when I hit the targeting key. This only happens when my nose is pointed towards the target.
    The A10s GBUs however cannot do that and require laser designation from either a UAV or a JTAC team.
    Why is this? Does it have something to do with the ordnance that is being used or the aircraft itself?
    Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

I am not familiar with Mil sims but it sounds like fun.....I have been in real simulators but that is a different story.

As far as I can guess (obviously I am not a SU-25 or A-10 pilot) all of SU-25 targeting systems like laser guided, TV guided, and most importantly the electro optic system is in the nose area of the aircraft (a close up look will show the optics and the rest is in the nose radom/cone).....so the aircraft must be facing the target to get a good lock.
      when a laser designation missile is used like on the A-10 the internal guidance system of the missile/rocket is controlled by a ground team or a UAV so the aircraft nose can be pointed in any direction when launcing the weapon since the ordinance will home in on the laser spot and its more accurate.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Armenia developing new UAV for Singapore Police Force.
        sorry i couldn't find article on english, use translate.

Министр обороны Армении Сейран Оганян заявил 24 июля журналисту радио «Азатутюн» (Свобода), что сегодня на этапе испытаний находятся отечественные устройства пограничной безопасности.

«Несомненно, мы сотрудничаем со всеми теми структурами, которые либо делают нам предложения, либо также выполняют наши заказы, в особенности мы сотрудничаем с предприятиями сферы информационных технологий. Мы множество раз проводили испытания, и в результате испытаний, наверное, мы придём к соответствующему выводу и потихоньку внедрим», - заявил Сейран Оганян.

Исполнительный директор Союза предприятий информационных технологий Армении Карен Варданян не считает достаточным сотрудничество оборонного ведомства с компаниями технологической сферы.

«Есть очень хорошие отношения с министерством обороны, они приходят, смотрят наши технологические выставки и др., но нет стратегического подхода. Сегодня в Армении разрабатываются технологии, которые могли бы служить безопасности границ. Более того, эти технологии Армения экспортирует. Скажу больше, ряд компаний работают на военно-промышленные комплексы иных стран. Сейчас одна из компаний, например, по заказу полиции Сингапура разрабатывает беспилотные летательные аппараты, которые будут наблюдать за водным пространством Сингапура. То есть, по существу, это военный заказ», - заявил исполнительный директор Союза предприятий информационных технологий Армении.

Карен Варданян перечисляет те разрабатываемые в Армении технологии, которые могут способствовать безопасности границ:

«У нас есть технологии, которые могут нам позволить, например, обнаружить снайперов, после обнаружения передать данные автоматическим огневым точкам, постройку которых мы также имеем возможность осуществить, чтобы они уничтожили этих снайперов. У нас есть возможность обнаружить этих снайперов в радиодиапазоне, оптическом, то есть видимом диапазоне, инфракрасном диапазоне и в других диапазонах».

Перечень возможностей не ограничивается стольким. Карен Варданян с болью констатирует, что сегодня Министерство обороны использует только 0,1% от их возможностей.

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post

Does this give any clues?
          Originally from a burjuin post.

Ours has wheels on it which is good since it can be towed across the airfield while operating. I have heard of these machines before but they use some type of chemical that causes a change in temp. For fog to form temperature and dew point must be the same and low winds. There are many types of fog and how they can form.
          The Armenian design uses sound waves to achieve this if I am not wrong. amazing science here.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Armenian soldiers fire and maneuver while conducting live-fire training during exercise Platinum Eagle at the platoon attack range in Babadag Training Area, Romania, May 8, 2014

Comment

Ceremony of founding a new dwelling district to be built for the Defense Army servicemen in the Kolatak village

On 27 July Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan visited the Kolatak village of the Martakert region and partook in a ceremony of founding a new dwelling district to be built for the Defense Army servicemen.
              The Head of the State expressed gratitude to philanthropist Hayk Maghakelyan for sponsoring such an important program qualifying one of the best manifestations of the Motherland-Diaspora ties, which would have a positive contribution to strengthening the defense capacity of Artsakh and improving living conditions of its citizens.
              Defense minister of the Republic of Armenia Seyran Ohanyan, NKR defense minister Movses Hakobyan and other officials were present at the event.

2014-07-27

Comment

Military forces of CSTO member states arrive in Kyrgyzstan to take part in joint military exercises “Enduring Brotherhood 2014"

Bishkek, July 28 / Kabar /. Military contingents of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) arrived in Kyrgyzstan to participate in joint exercises "Enduring Brotherhood -2014", the press center of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Kyrgyz Republic reports.

Military contingents of peacekeeping forces of the Russian Federation arrived on the eve to the railway station Pishpek-1. Kazakhstan troops arrived the same day on his technique at the border crossing point "Ak-Tilek". Military peacekeeping forces of Armenia, Tajikistan and Belarus arrived by military aircraft to Kant airfield.

Joint peacekeeping exercises of the Collective Peacekeeping Forces of the CSTO "inviolable "Enduring Brotherhood -2014" will be held on July 29 -August 1.

Last edited by burjuin; 07-28-2014, 05:47 AM.

Comment

brotherhood my **s. No need to be a genius to know none of these countries would come to our aid if xxxx hits the fan, maybe russia, which i have my doubts about also. But I guess for Russia it's nice to have these exercises once a year,
                  to show NATO, "look i also have my own backyard, with countries which like me etc etc."

Comment

Do we agree to help these countries? For example, against China or Afghanistan?
                    Are we ready to shed our blood for them?
                    Last edited by burjuin; 07-28-2014, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
                      brotherhood my **s. No need to be a genius to know none of these countries would come to our aid if xxxx hits the fan, maybe russia, which i have my doubts about also. But I guess for Russia it's nice to have these exercises once a year,
                      to show NATO, "look i also have my own backyard, with countries which like me etc etc."
                      Its always good to work with a other military from a different country. You can learn stuff you didnt know, techniques that could help you in combat, and best of all you can learn about different weapons, how they work. Other than learning and sharing experience its pretty much a show put on by Russia.

Also, quick question: Does Seyran Ohanyan have a prosthetic leg? In the wiki it says he had to have his leg amputated?
                      Last edited by Chubs; 07-28-2014, 11:00 PM.
                      Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Working...
                      X