Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

'My Home, Armenia': Armenia Fund Launches 11th International Telethon Campaign Teleth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'My Home, Armenia': Armenia Fund Launches 11th International Telethon Campaign Teleth

LOS ANGELES--Armenia Fund U.S. Western Region is pleased to announce the launch of its 11th International Telethon campaign. The live fundraising program will air on television sets in all major Armenian-American communities in the U.S. and across the globe on November 27, 2008, 8am-8pm PST as well as on the internet at www.armeniafund.org.

On Friday, October 10, Armenia Fund's long time supporters and donors gathered at the residence of Armen Khachatourian and Maria Mehranian to unveil the 2008 Telethon logo. The unveiling has become a tradition over the past years and marks the important launch date of the campaign. Present at the special dinner reception was the former president of Nagorno Karabakh Republic, Arkady Ghoukassian. The president currently serves on the international board of trustees of Armenia Fund.

Present at the event were all board member organizations of Armenia Fund: Armenian Assembly of America, the Armenian Catholic Exharchate of America, the Armenian Democratic Liberal (Ramgavar) Party, the Armenian Evangelical Union of North America, the Armenian General Benevolent Union, the Armenian Relief Society, the Armenian Revolutionary Federation, the Social Democratic Hunchakian Party, the Western Diocese of the Armenian Church, the Western Prelacy of the Armenian Church.

Throughout the evening, attendees at the event got a first hand update on the progress of Armenia Fund's projects, including the Hadrut Regional Hospital, Togh School and the Amaras highway 's all major projects of the U.S. Western Region affiliate of the Fund. Maria Mehranian, Chairperson of Armenia Fund, Inc. welcomed all guests and thanked them for their continuous financial and moral support. Archbishop Moushegh Mardirossian, Prelate of the Western Prelacy of the Armenian Church of America convened the opening prayer and offered his blessings. Mardirossian highly commended the projects of Armenia Fund and its dedication to enhancing the lives of the Armenian people.

Sarkis Kotanjian, Executive Director and Public Relations Manager of the Fund's Western U.S. affiliate, provided an extensive and detailed update on the progress of the major projects. Kotanjian also reminded everyone that Armenia Fund does not only focus on infrastructure and rural development, but continues to provide monetary assistance to the families and children affected from the war.

Edik Balaian, the artist of the 2008 Telethon logo offered his brief remarks regarding the concept of the logo and choice of colors. He mentioned that the colors of the logo are distinctly from the palette of legendary Armenian artist Minas Avetisyan.

Armenia Fund Honorary Member, Philanthropist Vahe Karapetian who has stood by Armenia Fund since its inception, introduced the former President. In his remarks Karapetian highly commended the recent projects of Armenia Fund and praised its interim management in Yerevan.

President Ghoukassian, Consul-General Armen Liloyan, along with the leadership of Armenia Fund unveiled the logo. It features an Armenian village house with a tricolor smoke rising from its chimney 's a sign that the house is not a mere structure but rather an Armenian family home. The slogan of the Telethon campaign is “My Home, Armenia”.

"Armenia Fund maintains continuity of its program. This year's Telethon will include both infrastructure and economic development projects in the villages of Armenia and Nagorno Karabakh. We are also excited to see an unprecedented participation from Armenia. Despite the difficult global financial environment, we believe we are going to have great results for this year's Telethon," said Mehranian.

Mehranian invited Very Rev. Baret Yeretsian, who was representing His Eminence Archbishop Hovnan Derderian, Primate of the Western Diocese, to offer his blessings and closing remarks. Very Rev. Yeretsian commended the Fund's continuous commitment to the development of Armenia and Karabakh.

The event also secured participation of 400 members of the community in the Armenia Fund Annual Gala. The Gala will be held on Sunday, November 23, 2008 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel in Century City, California. The event will welcome H.E. Bako Sahakyan, President of Nagorno Karabakh Republic. The evening's keynote speaker will be the newly appointed Minister of Diaspora Affairs of Armenia, the Honorable Hranush Hakobyan.

In Southern California, the Telethon will once again air on KSCI Channel 18 for full 12 hours, 8:00AM-8:00PM PST. Around the world the Telethon will be featured on H1-Armenian Public Television (www.armtv.com). Los-Angeles based 24 hour Armenian Russian Television Network television (www.artn.tv) and Horizon Armenian TV (www.horizonarmeniantv.com) will also air the Telethon in its entirety, on its cable, satellite and internet networks.
    Positive vibes, positive taught

Re: 'My Home, Armenia': Armenia Fund Launches 11th International Telethon Campaign Te

12-hour live stream of the event

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Re: 'My Home, Armenia': Armenia Fund Launches 11th International Telethon Campaign Te

I went to my living room to eat something and the first thing I saw was Kim Kardashian and her sister talking about the telethon.

I swear to God, how can two sluts like them say anything about the Armenian people when just a few months ago Kardashian denied being Armenian?

I guess this year the telethon is being run by whores they found in the street. (Hollyscoop or whatever the hell they are)

Comment

Yeah I really didn't like see those 2 sl*ts on there either. And the hollyscoop girls look like bimbos.
        For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
        to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

It's over and the final sum collected is a little over 35 million. The previous record was last year - 15 million. So it's a major improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
            I went to my living room to eat something and the first thing I saw was Kim Kardashian and her sister talking about the telethon.

I swear to God, how can two sluts like them say anything about the Armenian people when just a few months ago Kardashian denied being Armenian?

I guess this year the telethon is being run by whores they found in the street. (Hollyscoop or whatever the hell they are)
            There was talk that Kim Kardashian was dating Vanes Martirosyan (Armenian boxer) before. I hope it was true, it will be the only hope for her and her kids remaining Armenian.

Comment

Umm, of the 35 million collected, 30 million was apparently donated before the telethon began. The phones were not ringing off the hook tonight. But for the 30 million collected before the telethon, the telethon would have been considered a bust.

Some USD30 Million Pledged During the Hayastan All Armenian Fund’s Fundraising Dinner in Yerevan

Yerevan, November 3, 2008 - Hayastan All-Armenian Fund - www.himnadram.org

Some USD 30 million dollars were pledged at the fundraising dinner held in Yerevan on November 1 in support of Hayastan Fund Telethon 2008; the event took place under the auspices of Armenia’s President Serzh Sargsyan, President of the Fund’s Board of Trustees. The dinner was a most impressive demonstration of combined potential and commitment of some 120 businessmen from Armenia and Russia.

The contributions will be used primarily for the comprehensive development of rural areas in Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh as well as a number of special projects.

The Hayastan Fund Board of Trustees was represented at the event by the Presidents of Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh, Catholicos of All Armenians, Prime Minister, Speaker of the National Assembly, Chairman of the Central Bank of Armenia and Board member- ministers, Chairman of the Union of Manufacturers and Businessmen, as well as Hranush Hakobyan heading the newly established Ministry of Diaspora.

The message of blessing and welcome of Catholicos of All Armenians instigated the dinner. This was followed by the President Sargsyan’s speech: “Everybody knows about the important mission of the Hayastan All Armenian Fund, as well as the large-scale activity it has been carrying out. The annual fundraising is a great opportunity for our people to take part in rehabilitation and prosperity of our Homeland irrespective of their age and social belonging. This is a chance for each and every Armenian to feel part of the whole, realize that national unity is not merely an abstract and sublime concept; it is a real power that accomplishes the impossible. Families both from Armenia and Diaspora have the opportunity to take part in solution of national problems. And finally, this is a good occasion for the benefactors and businessmen to bring their input in nation-building initiatives. I call you to actively participate in this fundraising event and be generous, faithful to the tradition set by our well-off benefactors. Thanks to those traditions we have preserved our culture and education, churches and orphanages; we have protected our country and people despite lack of statehood. These traditions we must reestablish and develop further”, pointed out the President.

Hrant Tokhatyan, the master of ceremony, was announcing the pledges. Samvel Karapetyan, Sergey Hambardzumyan, Gagik Tsarukyan, Seiran Karapetyan, Genadi Stepanyan, Ashot Khachaturyan, Mikhail Baghdasarov, Samvel Alexanyan, Barsegh Beglaryan, Tigran Arzakantsyan, Zangezur Copper-Molybdenum Combine, “Mikael Vardanyan” Foundation, “Eduardo Eurnekian” Group, ArmRusGasProm, Karabakh Telecom were among the major donors of the event. Names and amounts of the donors will be also announced at the Telethon and published in media.

“We are grateful to all those, who have not been indifferent to life of Artsakh people and taken part in all our accomplishments. Our compatriots have not only shared our success, they supported us in overcoming our problems. I am thankful to the President of Armenia for this initiative, the idea of which is unity of our people”, said President of Nagorno-Karabakh Bako Sahakyan. In his appeal the Catholicos of All Armenians encouraged those present to bring their contribution to the Hayastan Fund’s projects.

“On behalf of Hayastan All Armenian Fund I would like to thank all those who contributed to the Fund’s projects today. I ensure that each cent donated will be used to solve crucial problems in our country”, said Hayastan Fund’s Acting Executive Director Ara Vardanyan in his Thank-you speech.

Telethon will be broadcast from Los Angeles on November 27. Major sponsor of Telethon 2008 is Vivacell-MTS. Ardshininvestbank, ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank and Haypost CJSC also sponsor the telethon.

----

This organization has a major transparency problem. They knew that the telethon was a bust this year, that's why they had to resort to gimmicks. Mark is still interviewing volunteers right now hoping that the phones will ring. Hey, its another 7 year old donating $100.00. Let's see them collect it. From what I understand, they still haven't collected on all the pledges from last year. What a joke!!!

If 120 businessmen from Armenia and Russia can donate 30 million dollars, then it is painfully obvious that the Armenian Fund does not need funding from the diaspora.

How is it that so few in the country have amassed so much wealth but yet there are no roads, or infrastructure or fresh water...

Hmm, could it be that those in power and their cronies have fleeced the nation and left the carcass as a propaganda mechanism to bleed the diaspora?
              Last edited by freakyfreaky; 11-27-2008, 10:29 PM.
              Between childhood, boyhood,
              adolescence
              & manhood (maturity) there
              should be sharp lines drawn w/
              Tests, deaths, feats, rites
              stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

More than $35 Million Raised in Armenia Fund Telethon

LOS ANGELES--More than $35 million for the development of Armenia and Karabakh was raised during the Hayastan All-Armenia Fund's annual Thanksgiving Day telethon Thursday evening, trumping last year's record of $15.3 million.

Earlier in November, about 120 donors from Armenia and Russia pledged to donate $30 million to the Fund during a gala dinner in Yerevan hosted by President Serzh Sarkisian.

Meanwhile, another $1.5 million was raised last week during the Fund's All-European Phone-athon, according to preliminary results released by the Fund. The organization's European affiliate is still tallying pledges and is expected to release new figures in the coming days.

The telethon broadcast worldwide via cable, satellite and internet connection to harness the resources of the Armenian nation for financing vital reconstruction and infrastructure projects in Armenia, and Nagorno-Karabakh.

In Southern California, the telethon aired on KSCI Channel 18 for 12 hours between 8:00am-8:00pm PST. Internationally, the telethon was also featured on H1-Armenian Public Television. Los-Angeles based 24 hour Armenian Russian Television Network and Horizon Armenian TV.

With nineteen affiliates around the world, the Hayastan All-Armenia Fund has implemented over $120 million of infrastructure development assistance and humanitarian aid for Armenia and Nagorno Karabakh since it began in 1994.

A list of all major projects to be funded by the money raised at the telethon is available on the Fund's webpage.

Asbarez will provided further coverage of developments surrounding the telethon as they unfold.

(Thats AmaZing)
                Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Re: More than $35 Million Raised in Armenia Fund Telethon

Are you a spammer or what? Didn't you start this thread yesterday in another section?

$30 mil was collected at a dinner in Armenia earlier this month. A lil more than $5 mil was collected during the telethon.

Did Robert make a donation this year?

Harut is still clueless. http://forum.hyeclub.com/showthread.php?t=10252

Last edited by freakyfreaky; 11-28-2008, 11:30 AM.
                  Between childhood, boyhood,
                  adolescence
                  & manhood (maturity) there
                  should be sharp lines drawn w/
                  Tests, deaths, feats, rites
                  stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                    There was talk that Kim Kardashian was dating Vanes Martirosyan (Armenian boxer) before. I hope it was true, it will be the only hope for her and her kids remaining Armenian.
                    I guess that would be nice but how could Vanes want her after she has been with at least 2 sevs, reggie bush and ray jay?
                    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Working...
                    X