Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

If you couldn't marry an Armenian.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you couldn't marry an Armenian.....

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
    but I'm not gonna go out of my way to search for a bride in Armenia
    Do you live in Armenia?

If not, why do you have to "search for a bride in Armenia?" What's wrong with finding an Armenian girl where you live?

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
      Do you live in Armenia?

If not, why do you have to "search for a bride in Armenia?" What's wrong with finding an Armenian girl where you live?

That was in reference to Aramanen's comment about there being "plenty of Armenian women in the homeland" and just people saying it in general as joke(or seriously) "We're going to go find you a nice girl from Armenia"

But I'd have to search anyways, b/c there's not that many Armenian girls around my age group here in Dallas, and the next nearest group of Armenians are in Houston, and lets just say they're just to Houstony. And by "searching for one in Armenia" I mean searching in general. Why does it matter how far I go, whether it be Houston, L.A., Dearborn, or Yerevan? Why should I have to go search for an Armenian bride when there are there are a million suitable odar's right outside my doorstep? I'm not saying that I'm not going to try and find an Armenian necessarily, but if I happen to meet an odar and we hit it off, I'm not going to shed any tears over the fact that she isn't Armenian

Comment

But I'd have to search anyways, b/c there's not that many Armenian girls around my age group here in Dallas, and the next nearest group of Armenians are in Houston, and lets just say they're just to Houstony. And by "searching for one in Armenia" I mean searching in general. Why does it matter how far I go, whether it be Houston, L.A., Dearborn, or Yerevan? Why should I have to go search for an Armenian bride when there are there are a million suitable odar's right outside my doorstep? I'm not saying that I'm not going to try and find an Armenian necessarily, but if I happen to meet an odar and we hit it off, I'm not going to shed any tears over the fact that she isn't Armenian
        I understand, I just don't understand people who go to Armenia specifically to find a girl. From the very few I've spoke to, they claim the girls in Armenia are much "better" in the sense that they're more Armenian, whatever that means, and they're cleaner.

I'm only 21, but I grew up knowing I was going to end up with an Armenian. Even in high school, I didn't avoid hanging out with other races, and I didn't try to hang out with just Armenians. I always found myself with Armenian people and now I've been with my girlfriend for almost 2 years.

I guess I agree with Armenian when he said:

The point is, you try your best to marry an Armenian without thinking about - what nationality would I chose if I can't find a compatible Armenian to marry.... Once you begin going your route, you are more than half way there in marrying a non-Armenian.
        Whatever you people do, it's your choice, and I won't call it right or wrong. I just hate it when I see people who don't acknowledge the fact that they're Armenian. They marry outside their race and their children aren't raised Armenian. I disagree with that much.

Comment

yeah i guess armenian is right, but i wasn't kidding when i said there were barely any armenian girls here my age. I'm 20, and lets just make my age group 17-25 that's like 10 girls, and i just happen to be related to 2 of them. Even for the girls trying to find boys though, it's maybe another 10. And most of them are related too. So the searching the becomes a necessity. I think this is why so many people go to sports weekend

Comment

ara maybe you need to Stop searching then you will find someone, go down that path for a while.
            Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

yeah i guess armenian is right, but i wasn't kidding when i said there were barely any armenian girls here my age. I'm 20, and lets just make my age group 17-25 that's like 10 girls, and i just happen to be related to 2 of them. Even for the girls trying to find boys though, it's maybe another 10. And most of them are related too. So the searching the becomes a necessity. I think this is why so many people go to sports weekend

Quoted for truth.

Why is it so bad if you go to Armenia looking for bride? Even if that's your first priority? I'm not talking about going to try and find a Russian-style 'mail order bride' just a nice Armenian girl from the villages or maybe even Yerevan if she hasn't completely embraced Western values. We discriminate in the opposite sex every time we look at them: their looks, their intelligence, etc. Why not on their ethnicity? This is the only way to perpetuate the Armenian culture and Republic.

Comment

French or Italian, Georgian, North Caucasian

When someone says That only Armenian, the fact is not all Armenians who claim they are Armenian are Armenians. Many are Assyrians, Yezdis, xxxs.

I would only marry someone of European decent.

Comment

Hmm. I can understand people who choose a girl because of her beauty, her money, her good personality but I do not understand a guy who choose girl because of his own nationality..

You guys should learn meaning of family and aim of family.. It is stupid to waste a life for a nation which will extinct at future..

Comment

Originally posted by Palavra View Post
                    You guys should learn meaning of family and aim of family.. It is stupid to waste a life for a nation which will extinct at future..
                    Technically, we'll all be extinct in the future. But as far as Armenians being extinct in the near future goes, we're older than half the nationalities on earth, and we're still here. I don't think we're going anywhere anytime soon

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
                    ara maybe you need to Stop searching then you will find someone, go down that path for a while.
                    I'm not searching. I don't plan to get married for a long while. I'm just saying that when I do why should I have to search if there's no suitable Armenian girls nearby but there's a nice odar one? You all put to much emphasis on how hard it will be to raise the kid Armenian. My father was basically an odar when he met my mom, and didn't even know Armenian until after he married her. His parents, both Armenians and children of genocide survivors, raised him and his siblings to be "American first" and didn't even want me and my siblings to have Armenian names, on the other hand there's quite a few interracial marriages within my family in which the kids are just as Armenian, if not more Armenian, than me, so marrying an odar and having Armenian kids can work. I mean obviously if i meet a girl who is disapproving of foreign things deep down, thinking of them as second rate, that's not gonna be someone i would choose to marry and have kids with. But there are other people who don't mind cultural exchange in relationships, there are some people who even seek it
                    Last edited by ara87; 11-13-2008, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I was not talking about near future but is It important If armenians or turks survived 1000 year or 100 year more? After all, at future noone will remember them..

Comment

Working...
                      X