Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

A document that sums up our pro-Armenian stance

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A document that sums up our pro-Armenian stance

Originally posted by Federate View Post
    An access to the sea would be in Armenia's best interest because that would finally liberate it from the possibility of being blockaded by its neighbours in addition to it being a great economic asset in itself. The problem is that there are a total of about 5-6 million people currently living in Wilsonian designated Western Armenia. The majority of them are Kurds. But yeah, that part of Turkey is vastly underdeveloped especially if you compare it to the Istanbul area.
    Definately. I would never argue that getting sea access is insignificant. I just don't want that sort of request ruining the possibility of getting the other closer (and less inhabited) sections back. Plus, if we annex land containing 5 - 6 million Kurds, they would become part of the Armenian Republic and then have twice the population of Armenians. Seems a bit scary, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
      Do you have any more info on this 30 page document? Who are the two non-Armenians who wrote it?
      I wish I did. It was written as an analysis to present to a government committee designated to oversee the Karapakh issue. It was about 2 or 3 years ago that I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stark Evade View Post
        Definately. I would never argue that getting sea access is insignificant. I just don't want that sort of request ruining the possibility of getting the other closer (and less inhabited) sections back. Plus, if we annex land containing 5 - 6 million Kurds, they would become part of the Armenian Republic and then have twice the population of Armenians. Seems a bit scary, actually.
        For sure. But in any future negotiations, we should start with a maximalist position and then settle for a compromise because I do not see Turkey giving up that much land peacefully, as much as that would be fantastic. It is more likely any negotiations will follow a war, possibly Russia playing a major role in it as well because we all know Armenia cannot take Turkey on militarily. This is a good thread to read about the liberation of Western Armenia.

And you're right, the idea that Armenians become a minority in their own country is terrifying. We don't stand a chance against the rabbit-fukking Muslim Kurds. In fact, almost all our problems stem from our low population numbers. We're barely 3 million in our own country and 150 000 in Artsakh. It's sad for the Kurds but any future Western Armenia will have to be emptied of them for the most part. How will this be achieved? Well, before the Artsakh war, they were more Azeris in the liberated territories than Armenians. Currently there are zero Azeris .
        Last edited by Federate; 08-14-2009, 01:05 PM.
        Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Stark Evade View Post
          I wish I did. It was written as an analysis to present to a government committee designated to oversee the Karapakh issue. It was about 2 or 3 years ago that I saw it.
          Hmm. I'll try to find it for us but i'm gonna need some help with the Googling. Was there a university it was associated with? Any terms in the title that you may recall? What did the analysis deal with specifically? Was it an academic source? A PDF document?

Sounds interesting, anything might help.

Comment

This is not it. But it's a long analysis. A bit older.

Also,

http://www.armembassycanada.ca/News/Gore_book.html

http://www.core-hamburg.de/documents...smussen-en.pdf
            Last edited by Stark Evade; 08-14-2009, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Interesting findings. I like many of the points in the first MFA link. It sums up the situation very well. I particularly liked the section on the right to national self-determination. The book by the Canadian military historian is a great counter to Azerbaijani allegations of the so-called "Khojaly massacre".

Comment

jgk3:

Has anything solidified with this? Or did it become overwhelming?

I have a book at home (maybe about 150 pages long) that is just collection of a bunch of American newspaper clippings from the A.G. era that shows how the A.G. was reported. I haven't looked at it in over 15 years but it is an interesting thing to have. I'll try to remember to get the title of it.

Comment

Currently, I'm doing my own research by reading a few books on the genocide. The most recent book is "A Shameful Act" by Taner Akcam, and I find his layout for explaining that the genocide did happen, why it happened, how it was conducted, how it was concealed or cleverly downplayed in international politics, and why it is imperative that Turks recognize it, was extremely well thought out.

So though I encourage sources that showcase the many facts that show the genocide did happen, what I most seek are your views on how the layout should be. An outline, with topics and subtopics is what I'm especially looking for.

Thank you very much for your interest in this thread Stark.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
                    Thank you very much for your interest in this thread Stark.
                    I've wanted this in the past. A single place where people can be directed and have all myths about these conflict dispelled.

I can't remember if it was this forum or hyef0rum but a few years ago there were long and very in-depth debates happening with Turks who joined the forum to argue. To search and find those topics may be good for knowing some of what the other arguments are.

Comment

You're right. Some of those debates did happen here and I will search for the threads.

Comment

Working...
                      X