Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Can anyone answer it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone answer it?

Why Ottoman Empire needed to genocide Armenians? I really want to learn it?!

Adolph Hitler had a philosophy of nations, then he decided to destroy Jews from world. And what was the purpose of Ottomans?!

And why Armenians, not Kurds,Lazs,Cerkezs,Jews or Boshnaks?

it's under your nose...

Your questions are answered many times elsewhere in the forum. Please use the search utility in the toolbar...

Comment

here we go again...

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't you 2 bring up the Jews vs. Armenians arguement?

Comment

Originally posted by Hovik
        Correct me if I am wrong but didn't you 2 bring up the Jews vs. Armenians arguement?

LOL, it's my last word in this forum.

Comment

Well, I wasn't corrected, so I guess I wasn't wrong... perhaps humiliation is the reason it is your last word in this forum...

Comment

Originally posted by Hovik
            Well, I wasn't corrected, so I guess I wasn't wrong... perhaps humiliation is the reason it is your last word in this forum...
            hahaha... so he's gone? Good, now I can delete all the gibberish articles he posted last night (he calls them documents by the way ), too bad I spent 10 minutes replying to them. lol

Comment

Yep. I couldn't believe all that nonsense he was posting as "documents", i won't miss seeing that... Its a good thing I only wasted my time replying to 1 or 2. Where do these people come from???

Comment

Originally posted by isimsizadam
                Why Ottoman Empire needed to genocide Armenians? I really want to learn it?!

Adolph Hitler had a philosophy of nations, then he decided to destroy Jews from world. And what was the purpose of Ottomans?!

And why Armenians, not Kurds,Lazs,Cerkezs,Jews or Boshnaks?
                because this was the doctrine of the Ittihat and Terraki , the then ruling party.
                Purifying Anatolia from Christians...This doctrine's founders were Talat and Enver pasha and the doctrine was a result of their ultra-nationalist view (Turancilik) whose traces can be found in todays political parties such as MHP.
                Actually the Kurdish question is rather cynical as the Ittihat and Terraki had given the go ahead to the Kurdish lords (muslim brothers)to attack Armenians during their voyage to the Syrian deserts therefore using them to do their dirty work (and therefore making it efficient without official government backing) .However succeeding in cleansing Anatolia from Christians there was another problem what to do with the largest minority who had time and again revolted(the biggest revolts in the Ottoman empire were done by Kurds)against the government...oh yes they took care of that during 1940-1991 ..the civil war in Turkey claimed 100,000 lives about 20,000 turkish army and 80,000 civilians which eventhough they were all Kurds Turkish media portrayed them as poor Turkish villagers....any parallels? hhmmmmm

The Jews and other minorities let me see...easy
                6-7 September 1955 Greeks Armenians Jews Catholics(Levantens) were targetted during a pogrom which lasted one day and ended with military intervention(the government of then minister Menderes had arranged it) shops in Istanbul were looted people killed churches burned....
                The result minorities who controlled most of the economic and commercial life in Istanbul were scared away their jobs were taken over by Turks....hmmmm any similarities with Hitler's vision ....

and now your Turn

answer me
                In 1930's modern Turkey there were 250,000 Greeks 130,000Armenians and 15-20,000 Catholics

In 2005 modern Turkey there are 3,000 Greeks 40,000Armenians and virtually no Catholics...I wonder why those people left
                Do you know?

Comment

Originally posted by smileatlife
                  i can answer for him.u know torment well because your ancestors had done it so i wont tell.
                  in 1900s there were 1 million turk in greec bulgaria gurcia and othet tracia countries.how many now?what happened them?may be they killed each others.if the answer is this i think katolics,greek and armenian killed each others too

get your facts straight there were 60,000 Turks leaving in Thrace after the 1922 population exchange ..now there are 150,000 leaving in Greece and they have elected independent ministers.In Bulgaria there are about 350,000 Turks I don't know how much there were before 1922 . In Georgia I don't know , and clearly here we only talk about a particular subject ...What now you gonna give example of Bosnia? In any case about 500,000 not bad how according to your figures(which I highly doubt) only 50% were killed ....
                  That's not bad considering that 99.9% of the minorities living in Turkey were wiped out...

Comment

oh so independent countries are countries that should be homogenous..interesting...
                    how did america became an independent country with so many Germans, Pollacks, Irish, Italians..I think I will not argue with you 'cause I think you're intellectually challenged

Comment

Working...
                    X