Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

ASALA:Was it really necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You fools try as you may will never get the moral authority in this subject!
    "All truth passes through three stages:
    First, it is ridiculed;
    Second, it is violently opposed; and
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Russia And Usa - Authors Of State Terror?

A1+
      | 16:31:26 | 01-02-2006 | Politics |

"Since 2003 2762 terror acts have taken place", member of the
      "Armenian-Turkish Reconciliation Committee", diplomat David
      Hovhannisyan informed.

Why does this phenomenon take place so frequently? According to Mr.

Hovhannisyan, first we must understand its motives and aims. "The
      terror acts have two aims - elimination and terror of people". He
      reminded that the first terror act was the massacre of the Israeli
      children by King Herod.

According to Mr. Hovhannisyan, it all starts when there is no recourse
      for war. "The acts are realized in public places supported by diplomats
      or officials".

Mr. Hovhannisyan divides terrorism into two parts - that from above
      and that from below. "Terrorism from above is when it is realized by
      the state.

What USA does today is terror at a state level". As for the conflict
      between Russia and Chechnya, Mr. Hovhannisyan said, "The Chechens
      fight for their homeland, and the Russians realize Genocide".

Mr. Hovhannisyan is convinced that irrespective of their religion,
      modern terrorist fractions are connected with each other. As for the
      activity of ASALA, he assured, "When you bear responsibility for
      the blood of your relatives and you cannot restore justice within
      the framework of the law, you are forced to take up terror.
      But when
      the state violates the Law and the nation goes against it, this is
      already a liberation war".

David Hovhannisyan also referred to the terror act of October 27
      and qualified it as an act of political terror realized by special
      services. As for which country these services belong to, he did
      not comment.
      First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Turkey might not have recognized the Armenian Genocide, yes, but the ASALA's action and Turkish government's reaction was an eye opening to the forgotful wold. There was no Armenian Lobbying groups in the 1970s ... Armenians would've been so lucky to have someone write an article or a book about the Genocide every few years... But since the ASALA operations and the Turkish reaction... people AT LEAST in Turkey had an idea that there is something might be wrong had happened in the past but no one is talking about it !! If you compare the situation in the 1970s and now.... you might be able to understand what I'm talking about.....
        I undertsand your point. Though about the organization my standing does not change. But then again we are different ends of the stick at this issue.

Comment

After all who talks about the damage done to the Turks now days accept the Turks?
          Nobody did and nobody will. I have no problem with that. It is natural, we are a strong state and a strong nation. Asala, though a terrorist group, was small in number and it killed 34 diplomats ito be exact. To other nations and states it is just a terrorist group(or not) that killed a some Turkish people.

Comment

You fools try as you may will never get the moral authority in this subject!
            Let moral authority be yours. I prefer "authority"...

Comment

Either you are claiming moral authority as THE VICTIM
              or you are identifying with the perptruator as the AUTHORITY

Or maybe you identify morally as the victim while maintaining your authority by denying?
              Help us understand!
              First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Originally posted by Reincarnated Am
                Terrorists? It’s all depends trough who’s glasses you’re looking at the picture, an organization could be considered terrorist by some and could be considered freedom fighters and heroes by others, look what’s happening in Palestine now “Hamass” that was considered a terrorist organization by the Zionist states, Palestinians did elect them to be their government. “Hizb Allah” also considered as a terrorist organization by Zionist states but people in south Lebanon adore them because, because of them they got their homes and lands from Israel. look at Sharon and the other Israeli leaders they use to be terrorist too, but now they are heroes in the eyes of Israelis plus Sharon is a convicted “war criminal”
                So, I should adore Mehmet Ali Ağca and Abdullah Çatlı and accept them as my hereoes who caused to collapse of Asala.

What a xxxxing idea is this? You (and the others) give a legal way to terrorism and the killing.

Marksist-Leninist or Faschist, terrorism must not be acceptable, you, civilised men.

Comment

Either you are claiming moral authority as THE VICTIM
                  or you are identifying with the perptruator as the AUTHORITY

Or maybe you identify morally as the victim while maintaining your authority by denying?
                  The last sentence is closer to being correct. While some serious countries of world evaluates Armenian genocide claims to be true, they have no means of forcing Turkey into recognition and companstion therefore I prefer authority.

Comment

But that last sentence is an contradiction in motion .

and if your position is closer to the last sentence that means you my friend are for sale.
                    First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

But that last sentence is an contradiction in motion .
                      and if your position is closer to the last sentence that means you my friend are for sale.
                      But you are missing an important point that I dont name the events as genocide.
                      Which means I am not for sale as you mention but taking any advantage to support my standing.

Comment

Working...
                      X