Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Conferderacy of Morons: The New Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
    13. Please Read the article below:

You see, by speaking to Armenians in Armenian, we can convince Armenians to drop thier campaign for Genocide recognition. How ingenious

TURKEY APPOINTS DIPLOMATS WITH ARMENIAN LANGUAGE SKILL TO COUNTRIES WITH STRONG ARMENIAN DIASPORA

Azeri Press Agency, Azerbaijan
    May 16 2007

Turkish Foreign Ministry will appoint diplomats who know Armenian
    language to diplomatic positions in the countries where Armenian
    Diaspora is strong. This step is taken for struggling against the
    so-called Armenian genocide claim, Diplomatic sources told the APA
    Turkish bureau.

Chief of Foreign Ministry's Armenian Office Suleyman Gokcha has been
    appointed to Turkish Embassy in US. Except Gokcha, three more Turkish
    diplomats speaking Armenian fluently have been appointed to positions
    in Turkish Consulates where Armenian Diaspora is strong. Following
    this, Turkish Foreign Ministry will continue to qualify diplomats
    speaking Armenian fluently.
    Inch?

Comment

Joseph, I saw this article today, and I couldn't help bursting out in laughter. I know the subject matter is serious and not a laughing matter, but the way the Turks are handling it is beginning to get funny, you have to admit. It's like watching a dog chasing his tail in anger while onlookers point and laugh.

Comment

Will they learn the Eastern or the Western dialect?
        "All truth passes through three stages:
        First, it is ridiculed;
        Second, it is violently opposed; and
        Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Originally posted by phantom View Post
          J It's like watching a dog chasing his tail in anger while onlookers point and laugh.
          Phantom, it's more like a rabid dog with distemper and a bad case of worms.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom View Post
            Joseph, I saw this article today, and I couldn't help bursting out in laughter. I know the subject matter is serious and not a laughing matter, but the way the Turks are handling it is beginning to get funny, you have to admit. It's like watching a dog chasing his tail in anger while onlookers point and laugh.
            It's downright ludicrous. What's the point for them learning Armenian? They are not going to change our minds. It's not going to help them when they lobby on Capital Hill or in Brussels...in Yerevan!?!?! Are they trying to make a point that they are liberalizing by learning a minority's language?
            Everything they do is so clumsy and even when they are trying to be clever, they fall flat on their face.
            General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

14. My God, where does one even begin on this one below???

Latest news on politics, business, lifestyle, sports and more from Turkey and the world at DailySabah.com

An?tkabir not in the school books!

The Ministry of Education has detected missing or wrong data about Atatürk in the school books: The name of An?tkabir is missing; the death day of Atatürk is given but the date is missing. The books will be revised by the related commission.

Kemalism retouch to school books

The Ministry of Education is now revising the school books in order to emphasize the Kemalist elements more.

The teachers have rejected to the new school books with the claim that Kemalist elements are included less by 40%. After this claim, the related commission detected the flaws one by one. According to the report, these are some of the missing aspects:

- The death date of Atatürk is missing; the Republican regime and its earnings are not detailed; the innovations that Atatürk brought are not emphasized properly.

- Some facts about Kemalism, such as its target, its style and its scientific basis, are not properly stressed; the secularism element in education is not detailed.

- The fact that the Turkish Armed Forces represent Turkey's national unity and prosperity is not emphasized enough.

- Reading pieces emphasizing Atatürk's candor and love for children are missing; poems about Atatürk's character are not present.

- Atatürk's innovations about the units of measurement and questions about the subject are missing.

- The importance Atatürk laid on rationalism and science is not given properly; the role of science in our life is not stressed and exemplified; Atatürk's sayings about rationalism and science are missing.
              General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Hi Joseph

It has become obvious to me that neither the truth or intelligent dialogue is wanted by politicians at heart. These values are only sought after by those within which politics is secondary to morality. I've learned unfortunately that they are few and far between.

Comment

15. Turks claim the are descendents of Hittites, Sumerian, and even Ancient Egyptians---Ataturk's Sun Theory and other claims

Turkish Daily News: Explore the latest Turkish news, including Turkey news, politics, political updates, and current affairs. Israel: Hamas Intelligence Deputy Head Shadi Barud Killed - 21:10

Quote: "The notorious “Turkish History Thesis” of the 1930s, a state-sponsored doctrine at the time, argued that Turks were the seeds of the finest braches of the human race. The Sumerians, the Hittites and even the Ancient Egyptians were in fact all Turkish — that's why we still have a state company called Sumerbank, and there is a giant Hittite monument in the middle of Ankara."

-Turkish-speaking peoples of an advanced culture lived in Asia Minor nearly ten thousand years ago, we do not have any similar archaeological evidence in greater Asia at corresponding time. Thus we can claim that Anatolia was the first home of the Turks. The Mediterranean culture was not created solely by the Greeks and Romans but more so by these ancient Turkish-speaking peoples

The main impetus for this fantastic claim is linked to the statement made by the late president of the Republic of Azerbaijan Heidar Aliev (1923-2003) who stated that Armenia has no historical basis (Part II, item 3a). There are pan-Turanian activists who truly believe that Armenia is a historical invention; and have even cited “proof” of their assertions. International scholarship has yet to respond to the notion of a Turkic Central Asian origin for the Armenians.

The Armenians are claimed by a number of pan-Turanian ideologues to be simply a “lost” Turkish tribe. No mention is made of the Balkan origins of the Armenians or the fact that they have so many historical links to Achaemenid, Parthian and Sassanian Persia, as well as the Greco-Roman Byzantine Empire (see Part II, item 3a).

The Armenian language is in fact totally unique, despite its many shared features with Iranian languages (see Part II, item 3). Like Greek it is an independent branch of the Indo-European family. Armenian script is also unique (see below left), based most likely on the Proto-Canaanite script. It was Saint Mesrop Mashtots (362-440 AD) (see his statue below right in Oshakan, Armenia) who introduced the Armenian script as we know it today. The only outside influence in Armenian script may be Greek (note the order of the Armenian alphabet and writing from left-to-right)

(1) Greater Azerbaijan was divided between Russia and Persia.

(2) Azerbaijanis have spoken Turkish since the advent of History.

(3) Turks have been in the Caucasus for over 5000 Years.

(4) The Safavid Empire was Turkish.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                    15. Turks claim the are descendents of Hittites, Sumerian, and even Ancient Egyptians---Ataturk's Sun Theory and other claims

Turkish Daily News: Explore the latest Turkish news, including Turkey news, politics, political updates, and current affairs. Israel: Hamas Intelligence Deputy Head Shadi Barud Killed - 21:10

Quote: "The notorious “Turkish History Thesis” of the 1930s, a state-sponsored doctrine at the time, argued that Turks were the seeds of the finest braches of the human race. The Sumerians, the Hittites and even the Ancient Egyptians were in fact all Turkish — that's why we still have a state company called Sumerbank, and there is a giant Hittite monument in the middle of Ankara."

-Turkish-speaking peoples of an advanced culture lived in Asia Minor nearly ten thousand years ago, we do not have any similar archaeological evidence in greater Asia at corresponding time. Thus we can claim that Anatolia was the first home of the Turks. The Mediterranean culture was not created solely by the Greeks and Romans but more so by these ancient Turkish-speaking peoples

The main impetus for this fantastic claim is linked to the statement made by the late president of the Republic of Azerbaijan Heidar Aliev (1923-2003) who stated that Armenia has no historical basis (Part II, item 3a). There are pan-Turanian activists who truly believe that Armenia is a historical invention; and have even cited “proof” of their assertions. International scholarship has yet to respond to the notion of a Turkic Central Asian origin for the Armenians.

The Armenians are claimed by a number of pan-Turanian ideologues to be simply a “lost” Turkish tribe. No mention is made of the Balkan origins of the Armenians or the fact that they have so many historical links to Achaemenid, Parthian and Sassanian Persia, as well as the Greco-Roman Byzantine Empire (see Part II, item 3a).

The Armenian language is in fact totally unique, despite its many shared features with Iranian languages (see Part II, item 3). Like Greek it is an independent branch of the Indo-European family. Armenian script is also unique (see below left), based most likely on the Proto-Canaanite script. It was Saint Mesrop Mashtots (362-440 AD) (see his statue below right in Oshakan, Armenia) who introduced the Armenian script as we know it today. The only outside influence in Armenian script may be Greek (note the order of the Armenian alphabet and writing from left-to-right)

(1) Greater Azerbaijan was divided between Russia and Persia.

(2) Azerbaijanis have spoken Turkish since the advent of History.

(3) Turks have been in the Caucasus for over 5000 Years.

(4) The Safavid Empire was Turkish.
                    Really. this article gives us no new impressions on hysterical facts!
                    Steph esheg turkoglu

Comment

Originally posted by steph View Post
                      Really. this article gives us no new impressions on hysterical facts!
                      Steph esheg turkoglu
                      My dear Mr. Turkoglu, I'm sorry to have offended your "Turkishness"

Comment

Working...
                      X