Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hayeren Khosaktsutsyun (Armenian Conversation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hayeren Khosaktsutsyun (Armenian Conversation)

Guys, I guess since no one answers much of what I post (I don't blame them, lol), I guess I'll take the first step. In this thread, no one is permitted to use any English or if needed, only in the case of questions or quick comments. This is to improve our Armenian skills. We can all post words that are interesting and translate them into English for better learnig and basically get it going when we are free. Ok, here goes.

Barev joghovurd, inch ka chka? Es yerku orus mikich unbaghvatsem, Dashnamur yev Solfejo em sovorum ahagin vakhta. Batsi duranits, im nor siti vurayem ashkhatum. Dzez mot inch ka?

TRANSLATION

Hi everyone, what's up? I'm stuck on my piano and solfejo lessons these couple of days, which I've been learning for a long time now. Besides that, I'm working on my new site. What have you got going on there?
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Vochjuyn enkeris,
    Sa lav gaghapar er. Minchev hima menk chenk grum hayerenov forumi mech. Yes kportsem masnaksnel bayts keneres Hayeren im arachin lezu chi, yes skesetsi sovorel hayeren oo inchpes grel ev gartal 2004t. heto. Vonc vor kdesnes im hayeren shat kich e. Yes kartsum em vor hayer (oo amena karevor spyurker) betke hishel mer mayreni lezu, yete moranank anpayman mer uzhe kkortsnenk. Im metz papik verchin mart im entanikoum vor giti hayeren, papikis oo hors chen khosum / groum / kartoum, isk hima 80 tari heto im tanoum hayeren barer karas lesel, yev dustris arachin lezu hayeren e, da iskakan hereshk e.
    Hajohutyun,
    Hovik

Hello my friend,
    This was a good idea. Unitl now we weren't writing in Armenian in the forum. I'm going to try to participate but forgive me, Armenian is not my first language, I started learning it, and how to read and write after 2004. As you will see my Armenian is limited. I think that Armenians (most importantly those in the diaspora) have to remember our mother tongue, for if we forget we for sure will lose our strength. My great-grandfather was the last person in our family who knew Armenian, my grandfather and dad didn't know how to speak, read or write, and now 80 years later in my home you can hear Armenian words, and my daugthers first language is Armenian, that is a real miracle...

Best,
    Hovik

Comment

Ես չեմ կարող հայերեն փառավորապես խոսել բայց ես կջանամ
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
        Ես չեմ կարող հայերեն փառավորապես խոսել բայց ես կջանամ
        That's just bad
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Vochjuyn Hovik Jan,

Yes anchap urakh em vor im gaghaparu surtovut er. Tesa vor shat kich enk khosum yev hima ari aveli shat khosank. Sa khundranke. Yes ko untaniki hamar shat urakhem u tsankanumem aveli shat Hayeren khosaktsutsyunner apagayum yev ansahman jupitner. Im untanikum im pokr kuyru, yeghbayru, yev yes cheink khosum Hayeren. Im maman mer kyanku purkets. Tsnoghnerus yerkusnel Hayastanits en, khosumen mi chors lezu hima, yev yes hents, yerevi gites, stegh em tsunvel. Mi tari heto metsatselem Hundkastanum vortegh kuyrus, Lilitu, yev yeghbayrus, Nareku, tsunvetsin. Yerekusel makur Hayeren Gitenk hima arants accenti yev yes im joghovurdin u im mayreni lezu shat em sirum. Yerpek nurants chem morana. Joseph Jan, inch verabervume ko Hayereni imanalu cam chimanalu masin, vochinch yeghbayr, hima skusi inchkan karas Hayeren khosal. Yerbek ush chi yev chiel lini. spasumem ko Hayeren postin mets urakhutsyamb yev anhamperutsyamb yeghbayr. Hovik Jan, kez el hadjoghutsyun em tsankanum, Josephi het el miasin, yev yekek gone es threadu es forumi mech chu dataretsnenk. Shat karevora.

Dzer Yeghbayru Mayr Hayastanits,

Sarkis

Hi Hovik Jan (unfortunately, Jan doesn’t have an English translation, lol. “Dear” isn’t a good replacement),

I’m very happy that you liked my idea. I realized that we were talking Armenian in very small doses so let us talk more often from now on. This is a request. I am very happy for your family and wish that it will be filled with many Armenian conversations in the future and limitless smiles. In my family, my little sister, brother, and I didn’t speak Armenian before. My mom saved our lives. Both my parents were born in Armenia and know about four languages to date, and I was born here, you may know already. One year later, I grew up in India where my sister and brother were born. We all speak pure Armenian without an accent and I love my country and language a lot. They will never be forgotten. Joseph Jan, considering whether you know Armenian or not, there is no problem whatsoever, start now, talking as much as you can. It’s never too late and never will be. I’m waiting for your Armenian post with great happiness and anticipation. Hovik Jan, good luck to you and Joseph and let us at least not discontinue this thread in this forum. It is very important.

Your brother from Mother Armenia,

Sarkis

Comment

Guys what's up? Come on, at least not stop doing this. Two-three posts don't change much. We don't need a million people to start posting, we just need each other.

Comment

Guys??? You don't have to write letters, lets just keep something alive here. The state of the forum is as sad as the Genocide.

Comment

Bedke Hayeren, tusi-dahdag bedke mezi.
                "All truth passes through three stages:
                First, it is ridiculed;
                Second, it is violently opposed; and
                Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Shat chishta, de ari gone stegh skusenk.

Joghovurd, inchek anum dzer azat jami?

Very true, so lets at least start here.

Everyone, what do you do in your free time?

Comment

Parev,

Hadjiss neroghoutioun yess tchem hasgenar Hayeren. Ourakh em kezi hantibelov. Shenorhagal em.

Menak parov

(Is there any mistake in my words? Do i speak correctly?)

Comment

Working...
                    X