Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What is Love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is Love?

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
    Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

I had to.
    xxxx you Servo I was gonna post that!!!

Comment

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”

Jimi Hendrix
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Hi Saco.

Thanks for your input on this topic.

Originally posted by Saco View Post
        A quick question though, can you describe love by only mentioning ONE of these attributes?
        --Of course not, love has many definitions as I mentioned at the end of my thread. Respect, alone, is composed of many categories and analogues itself! So no, it's not safe to identify love by such limited context.
        As I mentioned in my thread..."The MYTH of love lies softly on a shier veil of compromise, common ground, and respect." What I mean by this is that these are some of the elements that are commonly visible to us. I mean, love, it's true n' all, but it's the vivid forms we actually see in it. Love is composed of many diverse definitions, and I am not one to define it completely. However though, respect is the common definition you’ll hear from most people and their relationships. I mean, without respect, how can you love? Love is respect and respect is love. It defines itself. When you love someone, you care for them, and when you care for someone then respect isn’t questionable at all. Just one of the common factors for it's meaning.

Something to remember is that real love doesn't reveal itself until you are married for a few years. THAT'S when you understand if what you have is love or something else.
        --lol.Guess I got a long way to go before I experience that. heh.
        I agree with you here as well. I believe as a relationship grows into time, only then will you realize how meaningful your love is for one another, and you begin to uphold what the other person has in store for you.

Real love, the love many would die for, isn't fueled by money, shiny cars, or big houses. That's another lesson we should all remember. There are so many people that have EVERYTHING but in reality have NOTHING. Real love most of the time can be found in simple families, the ones trying to survive, the ones going through life's many difficulties. Why? Because Diamond cannot be polished without friction, Gold cannot be purified without fire, and love, respect, etc. cannot be truly appreciated and felt until you have gone through hardship.
        --This has got to be my favorite paragraph! So many people fail to fancy the actual flavor of love because of all it's Shirley-templed distractions that the eye's may only see, but fail to behold! It's not about Ferrari's and 50 random roses showing up at your front door, there's more to it than what we actually catch a glimpse of. Showering the other person with gifts and galore doesn't just cut it, I guess you have to experience this stage to understand. You can't buy your way into love...it's simply priceless.

This is what love is my friend . Hardship, happiness, distress, woe, anger, joy, etc. One word? Crazy.
        --- Ahh, yes this is what's crazy. Not only is love tied in with the "good" feelings in life, but it also has it's diddly pleasure as well.

If we learn well, we will be able to graduate and leave this world and experience TRUE LOVE which is less complicated and much more clear. That is something we cannot understand unfortunately but we don't need to.
        -- Yea, I get the image.

(sorry for turning it into a book, lol) ...
        --I forgive you this time. lol

You can say your in love when you continue to love someone with all your heart NO MATTER WHAT! I hope all of you will find that kind of love one day. All the best, we have a loooonnnngggg road ahead of us
        -- Let the journey begin! Good luck to me and everyone else. lol
        Last edited by iFemale; 02-27-2009, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
          I have a feeling that if we held this discussion in Armenian, we'd get different answers.
          Feel free to translate.

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
          Love is a battlefield.... ahhhhh POP culture

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9J9rTZJBmw

No other language has a single word that encompasses everything that the word "Love" represents. In other words... Love is a gimmick.
          Ahhh, battlefield it is! We brawl through it, hoping to stay alive!

Originally posted by gmd View Post
          Love is a four letter english word.
          Don't look for enlightment on a forum on this subject. Find an old married couple and ask them if love is the reason they lasted so long.
          I am not looking for "enlightenment." Just simply curious how others may view such a simple, four letter word, that has so much meaning.

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
          Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

I had to.
          --I had a feeling someone was going to post this. lol. Why the long face?

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
          What is love? It is PAIN PAIN PAIN... full of PAIN and nothing but PAIN. That is love. We grow up and look for it; instead we should seek to have a nice and a serene life. It may be boring sometimes, but better boring than hurtful PAIN!
          Ehh Anoush! Don't let it leave such a bad impression! I mean yea it can be painful at times, but so can a lot of other things. Love can be serene too, you just gotta' acknowledge the moment when ya' get it!

Comment

ifemale - please use the multi-quote feature instead of posting 5 different replies. It's the one with the quote sign and + (next to 'Quote').
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
              ifemale - please use the multi-quote feature instead of posting 5 different replies. It's the one with the quote sign and + (next to 'Quote').
              My bad, didn't know.

Comment

If I met a really hot and sweet girl, someone that really left a fantastic impression on me and made me fall madly in love with, I wouldn't be able to fully imagine what our relationship would be like after we got married, it's impossible.
                Nise answer Saco jan, give yourself a chance to do the above and spend less time on the net.

The girl doesn't need to be "really hot" either, that's lust you're thinking of.

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
                What is love? It is PAIN PAIN PAIN... full of PAIN and nothing but PAIN. That is love. We grow up and look for it; instead we should seek to have a nice and a serene life. It may be boring sometimes, but better boring than hurtful PAIN!
                Anoush, the pain comes from the object of your love.
                Love gives that funny feeling in your stomach, keeps you awake at night and never goes away.

But how does pain pain pain ride with your signature?

Comment

Of course not, love has many definitions as I mentioned at the end of my thread. Respect, alone, is composed of many categories and analogues itself! So no, it's not safe to identify love by such limited context. As I mentioned in my thread..."The MYTH of love lies softly on a shier veil of compromise, common ground, and respect." What I mean by this is that these are some of the elements that are commonly visible to us. I mean, love, it's true n' all, but it's the vivid forms we actually see in it. Love is composed of many diverse definitions, and I am not one to define it completely. However though, respect is the common definition you’ll hear from most people and their relationships. I mean, without respect, how can you love? Love is respect and respect is love. It defines itself. When you love someone, you care for them, and when you care for someone then respect isn’t questionable at all. Just one of the common factors for it's meaning.
                  I agree with most of what you wrote except the part about respect. Love isn’t always tied to respect. At times, love can make you do a lot of things that a respectful person wouldn’t do, lol, and I still say love can’t be defined easily or even at all in many, if not all, cases.

Look at so many different couples out there, they all enjoy love (I’m talking about normal couples) but it’s not all the same love they experience. Every couple has something that all the others don’t. This further complicates love.

Wow, like you are so deep.
                  Thanks Anonymouse! I’m not that deep, lol, those were just my views on love itself, as it is. Love is an important part of my life though, no doubts there. I wish it would be an important part of everyone’s life.

Love isn’t PAIN PAIN PAIN, it’s simply a part of love. No one said it was going to be easy and if we go with your approach then we should simply give up. Why? Because it’s so difficult and painful. Studying is also difficult, moving forward, isn’t always so easy, but that shouldn’t be a reason to give up. After all, we aren’t in this world to enjoy, we’re here to learn. And like I said, true appreciation, true happiness comes only after great endeavor and happiness that DOESN’T won’t last for long. My point is you shouldn’t say your in love only if your happy.

Nicely said, and btw, it's not boring to not look for it. I actually find great satisfaction being single.
                  I partially agree. Love can’t be found by searching constantly. It can at times but you rarely find what you were looking for. I’d say many great couples out there found each other by chance, not by searching day and night.

You can't buy your way into love...it's simply priceless.
                  Actually you can but it won’t take you far. And remember, there’s a drawback. What happens when the money, the cars, and the roses are gone??? Everything usually ends, proving that what you had wasn’t love.

Nise answer Saco jan, give yourself a chance to do the above and spend less time on the net.
                  Thanks Sensei, I’ll keep that in mind and where did you get that I spend all my time on the net or that I don’t experience love or friendship, lol? Funny how the human mind works.

The girl doesn't need to be "really hot" either, that's lust you're thinking of.
                  That was just an example and it's funny you imagine me thinking about lust after all I said…
                  THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

That was just an example and it's funny you imagine me thinking about lust after all I said…
                    the fox can wear many coats! Hahaha

Comment

"One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love." - Sophocles

Comment

Working...
                      X