Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What is Love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is Love?

Originally posted by iFemale View Post
    Ok, but what is YOUR idea on love. Define it in your own way, is what I'm asking. Curious.

I believe there are two kinds of love. Brotherly love and Sacrificial love. Woohoo! lol
    Pretty much what I posted , thats why I posted it, I don't get what you mean by sacrificial love, yes chem haskanum

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
      I don't get what you mean by sacrificial love, yes chem haskanum
      It's pretty self-explanatory. A love that is committed to helping others regardless of the cost. Basically sacrificing anything, even your life, for the one you love.

Comment

In our belief (most Native American), man and woman and naturally drawn and meant for each other, the energies unite to form one, in old Mexica/Aztec belief the Supreme being Ometeotl is made of Ometecuhtli and Cihuahometeol, the male and the female parts creating the one supreme being at the centre of the pantheon of Gods, practically put, there is a person somewhere in the world who does share all your passions, interests, likes, dislikes, your vision of perfection, this person who completes in such and makes you feel closer to them than to another human being, with which you feel whole, your perfect complement.
        Interesting Pedro jan. There is a true fact very similar to what you said. It is said by many sources that every individual person has 8 identical twins who are extremely similar to him/her. For example, did you know that Stalin very rarely left his house? He gathered together almost all his identical twins and THEY were the ones that went to Parades, that gave away short speeches, that went to meetings, etc. Hitler also did something like this.

I also know someone who went to a palm reader here in Armenia when he was young. He asked who he was going to marry and the palm reader gave away a name. After many, many years, he married that EXACT person with the same name. So it's not all chance, I believe in fate, karma, etc. but I don't live by them. I still make my choices, try to remain a good person, trying to help out as much as I can, and in the end, that's what matters. I also believe that people can change their fate so I'm not going to keep thinking about fate, karma, etc. There are people like that and it's not cool.
        THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
          Is that what that multi-quote thingy does?
          You're not alone KanadaHye. I just figured out what that "thingy" does too.
          FTW= For-The-World/Win! lolz

Comment

You're not alone KanadaHye. I just figured out what that "thingy" does too.
            FTW= For-The-World/Win! lolz
            Sorry it was late when I read the sacrificial love thing, but I get what you mean, don' worry about knowing what the thingy was, I never even saw the damn thng lol

Comment

Originally posted by pedro xaramillo View Post
              really really?

Comment

really really?
                Yes really really, everyone always ask me that lol, in the rest of the world people wonder what someone who is half Mexican half Irish does in South Africa, in South Afrca people just wonder what the hell I am haha

And no one can't pronounce my last name, I have been Jar of Milo, Caramello, Jumping Gino, Jalapeno, you name it

But I know that eventually people will be able to say Pedro Milli Vanilli

You for real from Narnia btw?
                Last edited by Pedro Xaramillo; 03-01-2009, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Yes really really, everyone always ask me that lol, in the rest of the world people wonder what someone who is half Mexican half Irish does in South Africa, in South Afrca people just wonder what the hell I am haha

And no one can't pronounce my last name, I have been Jar of Milo, Caramello, Jumping Gino, Jalapeno, you name it

But I know that eventually people will be able to say Pedro Milli Vanilli

You for real from Narnia btw?
                  Oh, a non-Armenian? haha.

Yes, I am foreally from Narniaville.

Comment

Oh, a non-Armenian? haha.

Yes, I am foreally from Narniaville.
                    Well at least I am okay for an odar...I think lol

Comment