Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What is Love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What is Love?

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
    What part are you disagreeing with, Gaya?

Maybe it cannot be consciously controlled, but it is controlled by the brain. I think the area(s) responsible for the feeling, as well as the neurotransmitters involved have been identified. It involves some of the same neural pathways (in the "pleasure center") as are activated with the use of many drugs, food, gambling, etc.
    Well, Siggie. You claim that "love" can be controlled by the brain because "it involves some of the same neural pathways" (in the "pleasure center).

Try to remember back to your childhood when you were in pain or suffering and someone (most likely your parents) took care of you. Did your brain control that feeling of comfort? Did it impair your ability to think straight? You think the feeling of being loved is the same as being high, craving an addictive food or gambling?
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
      Well, Siggie. You claim that "love" can be controlled by the brain because "it involves some of the same neural pathways" (in the "pleasure center).

Try to remember back to your childhood when you were in pain or suffering and someone (most likely your parents) took care of you. Did your brain control that feeling of comfort? Did it impair your ability to think straight? You think the feeling of being loved is the same as being high, craving an addictive food or gambling?
      Whether you view a photo of the Mona Lisa or a pile of horse xxxx, the same part of your brain processes the visual information. It doesn't mean they're equivalent perceptions. In this case they're both being seen or reflecting light that is stimulating the photoreceptors in our retinas. In the case of love and those other things, they both feel good. What makes those things addictive is that they feel good. Love feels good. The degree to which any of them elicit that "good feeling" will vary and so will the qualitative experience in a lot of ways. What's heretical about that? What do you take offense to? Who would think that being drunk feels identical to being love? That's just stupid. I don't know how you would possibly interpret what I said that way.
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Maybe it cannot be consciously controlled, but it is controlled by the brain. I think the area(s) responsible for the feeling, as well as the neurotransmitters involved have been identified. It involves some of the same neural pathways (in the "pleasure center") as are activated with the use of many drugs, food, gambling, etc.
        I disagree with the fact, that you compare love and drugs. If it would be that easy to fall in love as if you've taken a peel or sth, I guess, everyone would be so happy) Or maybe you can suggest where to go for psychosurgery, after which i will be in love with someone I don't actually care

Comment

Originally posted by Gaya View Post
          I disagree with the fact, that you compare love and drugs. If it would be that easy to fall in love as if you've taken a peel or sth, I guess, everyone would be so happy) Or maybe you can suggest where to go for psychosurgery, after which i will be in love with someone I don't actually care

Some of the physical correlates (that is to say - the physical changes in the person that are observed during a time a person is experiencing love; usually they ask participants to think about their spouse) of the experience of love are similar. That is all. I thought I explained that plainly enough already...
          [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
          -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Zartonq View Post
            Baby don't hurt me.
            No more.

Comment

sharing your favorite ice cream and not even worrying that he will eat all of it....

Comment

Just wandering and saw this thread.
                My personal conclusion is its not something to look for or strive to get.
                I think it's a gift from GOD.
                I think it's inappropriate to say to GOD --- GOD I want that gift please give me that gift , etc.
                I think just trying to be a decent person is what I should be doing.
                To analys such a thing to me takes the magic out of it. What next, a mathematical equation that describes it?
                If you cup your hand you can hold water in it, but if you try to grasp that water you will lose it.
                This world seems to be anxious to get what they can as soon as they can.
                As you can't get good food(moms cooking) in a fast food joint so goes love.
                I'm waiting for heavens gate. I' can't get there on my own two legs.someone else is going to decide when and if and that someone else is going to have to supply the transportation. No one has a rig with that capability.
                Better to realize your a human in training that to award yourself with a PHD.
                How about practicing the basic fundamentals and let the big one hand out the prizes.
                Artashes

Comment

Wasn't sure the appropriate place to post this. I think it is appropriate for "what is love".

erdogan's daughter that just got married, walks around with her head scarf and pretends to be all holly ... Her husband's emails that got hacked and released by Wiki, tell us he ordered some door straps to hang her on the door and ordered some double penetration toys with vibrations. Now that's love!

Comment

Working...
                  X