Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turkey will be split apart as Iraq is.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turkey will be split apart as Iraq is.

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
    What gets under my skin is the blatant lying/insults and the lack of professionalism that comes from you guy . The Turkish B-737 that crashed in Amsterdam just lately is a good example. First your government stated that the pilot’s heroic efforts saved many lives after the airplane experienced catastrophic structural failure (blaming the aircraft manufacturer Boing who lost three engineers in this crash as passengers). Then later it was reported by Turkish Airline pilots that the crash was due to wake turbulence (pointing the blame to air traffic controllers for not giving proper separation).

Well, come to find out from the black box that this Turkish crew knew about a faulty altimeter that feeds the autopilot, even worst is that they allowed the auto landing system to fly the airplane which initiated the landing flare 1000 feet above the ground and to top it off they failed to recover in a timely manner………….all pointing to pilot error for flying with a known problem, not hand flying the aircraft so close to the ground, not having situational awareness (altitude/airspeed), poor judgment, showing lack of basic skills, and not reacting properly to emergency that they put themselves into. Your heroic captain Hasan Tahsin Arisan, was an experienced former Air force pilot.

There is a reason why turkeys can’t fly.
    C'mon dude chill... I didn't insult you. Ok, so why do you think Turks are bad pilots... oh sorry, you did mention why; because Turks have a...I quote "Fascist/borderline Jihadist mentality"... It must be very easy living in your teletubby fantasy world where the Turk is evil-stupid-brainwashed and the Armenians are warrior gods with huge genitals.

We must have at least one good, down to earth, decent Turkish pilot who is good enough to rightfully win in a dog fight... right??? Dont we?

Or let me turn the question around; dont you have any Armenian pilots that have a Fascist/borderline "Jihadist" mentality? Not even one? That is if you have any fighter pilots of course.

Comment

hitite:
      There really isn’t any set measure that would determine who is a good fighter pilot. You become an Ace after getting five confirmed kills. Good personality, being dissent, winning rightfully has nothing to do with it. It has to do with who will do what it takes utilizing his/her experience, skills, Aircraft capabilities, training…..and little bit of luck while coordinating with your wingman and following the rules of engagement. Some of the best fighter pilots of WWI and WWII were shot down themselves, early in the war.

Ozdemir, the Turkish pilot which I am giving credit for ramming the Greek is your best fighter pilot (unless I am wrong and he really screwed up). He has one confirmed kill, never mind he destroyed his own jet and had to bailout.

Never heard of a Pilot of another country getting convicted in Absentia.
      That could be a badge of honor if you ask me.

Armenia has not been militarily tested in this arena as of yet.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by may View Post
        This kind of self confidence with "know everything" attitude will get you being ridiculed elsewhere Eddo, a friendly warning... What a self confidence!! I'm really impressed...
        But this isn't an "elsewhere", it's a forum where the Eddos of this world come to express themselves.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandros View Post
          This article is from 10 June 2002:

And this article is from 29 May 2008:

may,

are these the parties - CHP and MHP - that would have implemented reforms in order to join the EU?I think not!

Was top of its power?Then who prevented Erdogan to lift the ban on headscarves?Had he been able to do it he would have done it a long time ago but the guys in the military uniform prevented Erdogan from doing it.

Ilker Basbug even made a public statement where he condemned DTP`s party leader Ahmed Turk for speaking in Kurdish to his party in the Turkish parliament not long time ago.Basbug said that this was unconstitutional.No double standards and no influence of politics here?

I can`t say I`m a big fan of Erdogan, however his party has been more EU oriented than CHP and MHP.On the other hand, there`s not much he could do since he has the powerful army against him.He could implement some reforms here or there until the military say:STOP!

And the Turkish constitution which is from 1982 needs to be changed because it gives too much power to the army but that won`t be easy either because - if I have understood it correctly and correct me if I`m wrong - AKP needs CHP or MHP in order to amend the constitution.

As for the Turks support to join the EU; this article is from 30 March 2009, Monday:

Not bad, eh?
          Alexandros, I can see you are following Turkish politics pretty closely, then you should also know how wierd are the Turkish parties PKK leader Ocalan was caught during DSP-MHP coalition, one of the most nationalist goverment I have ever seen. When all Turkey was pressing for his death sentence (not even mentioning MHP crowd), the death penalty was removed from Turkish law for the sake of EU regulations. And many important steps were taken during this same coalition, but ironic enough, it was for the same reason: political context and overall pressure. That was the reason there was a drag later on, and just like Erdogan's term, the crisis came and the progress stopped until Erdogan was elected. Because of the long period passing with no actual EU progress Erdogan did a lot, then he stopped as well. On the other hand, some polls say the priority of EU membership declined significantly for the public, so I am not sure of the expected public pressure for EU. And trust me, whoever comes to rule in next elections (Erdogan or CHP or MHP) will make great leaps for EU membership, if public opinion about EU gets better because people realized nothing was done for a long while.

This was a quick answer, because I could not read your sources in detail. I will comment more when I read. It is a pleasure discussing with you, really. That's why I am doing the last thing in my to-do list and writing in this forum. I am badly overwhelmed with my work! Really badly I'll try to back soon...

Comment

Originally posted by may View Post
            Alexandros, I can see you are following Turkish politics pretty closely, then you should also know how wierd are the Turkish parties PKK leader Ocalan was caught during DSP-MHP coalition, one of the most nationalist goverment I have ever seen. When all Turkey was pressing for his death sentence (not even mentioning MHP crowd), the death penalty was removed from Turkish law for the sake of EU regulations. And many important steps were taken during this same coalition, but ironic enough, it was for the same reason: political context and overall pressure. That was the reason there was a drag later on, and just like Erdogan's term, the crisis came and the progress stopped until Erdogan was elected. Because of the long period passing with no actual EU progress Erdogan did a lot, then he stopped as well. On the other hand, some polls say the priority of EU membership declined significantly for the public, so I am not sure of the expected public pressure for EU. And trust me, whoever comes to rule in next elections (Erdogan or CHP or MHP) will make great leaps for EU membership, if public opinion about EU gets better because people realized nothing was done for a long while.

This was a quick answer, because I could not read your sources in detail. I will comment more when I read. It is a pleasure discussing with you, really. That's why I am doing the last thing in my to-do list and writing in this forum. I am badly overwhelmed with my work! Really badly I'll try to back soon...
            Evet kardes.Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
              But this isn't an "elsewhere", it's a forum where the Eddos of this world come to express themselves.
              Stop playing around bells, with your constant flip-flops.
              I didn’t come here to express myself..............I came here to learn more about AG and to take a brake from hunting your countrymen down spreading their poison against my people. Come to found out to my suprise that this place is infested with Turks who have no good intentions.

I guess you three (may, hitite, and jingle bells) are OK but are you jokers (Not may) the best we can expect out of Turkey? For a minute there I thought we might be in trouble; I suppose we can’t expect anything more than this.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I suppose we can’t expect anything more than this.
                Nope, this is as good as it gets. Sleep well Armenian.

Comment

Stop playing around bells, with your constant flip-flops.
                  I didn’t come here to express myself..............I came here to learn more about AG and to take a brake from hunting your countrymen down spreading their poison against my people. Come to found out to my suprise that this place is infested with Turks who have no good intentions.

I guess you three (may, hitite, and jingle bells) are OK but are you jokers (Not may) the best we can expect out of Turkey? For a minute there I thought we might be in trouble; I suppose we can’t expect anything more than this.
                  For the days when we still had Arda, No Pasaran and the other Turks who indeed did have better opinions than the drivel that Bell and Hittite and seemingly Palavra constantly post, the honourable exception being May who thanfully is the saving grace in this discussion amongst the Turks at the moment here and citizens of Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
                    Geopolitical situation in the world is radically changed.

Several years ago Turkey, perhaps, through establishing diplomatic relations with Armenia, could slow down the AG recognition process. At that point they had the best "know-how" and "new" technologies in the population reproduction and in Turkish - diplomacy (mainly-lying) "Industries".

They thought Turkey can prevent Genocide recognition process even without easing down, a little bit, the pressure exerted on RoA. The hatred against Armenians prevented them to set the "diplomatic trap" for RoA; which could assist them to declare that the Genocide issue is a Turkey – Armenia bilateral problem and only the two countries should discuss and "settle" it during coming "centuries".

But now:

USA democrats won presidential elections; because voters want to return the USA army home, reduce the budget deficit, promote industrial growth and, at the same time, ensure that US strategic interests in the Middle East are not affected.

Democrats are patriots of their country, therefore their primary goal is not to maintain Iraq's territorial integrity; just to accommodate Turkey's national interests (Preventing Kurds to establish a Kurdish state in Iraq) at any cost to USA.

Growing instability in Iraq and collapse of USA projections on creating pro-American United Iraqi government, within reasonable cost and timeframe, failed. Because America wanted do it without breaking it into three states, Kurdish Sunni and Shia; to comfort Turkey’s national interests.

This radically changed political situation, during recent years, in USA. America, using its military superiority, rapidly occupied the country and apparently it was the most easy; first part of their plan.

And now they are unable (mission impossible) accomplish the second part of their plan, and the end, it is apparent, that way USA can not continue this war. Because, after occupying the country, when Americans are located inside, in large numbers, throughout Iraq, they can not use their only advantage; mass destruction weapons.

Meanwhile the Iraqi's have the most effective military means in that situation; the "alive weapons", suicide bombers (PS. – Christians don't have); who can not be attacked by the US mass destruction weapons, used at the start, to win Sadam. In this situation the bombardiers, helicopters artillery, tanks etc. are useless, most of time.

USA voter is aware that the dollar; the US most effective political and military tool is gradually becoming a second grade currency.

I guess, to adjust the situation above, and promote its national interests, US may act this way:

To justify next steps;

USA congress, first of all, needs to pass the bill; on the Armenian Genocide. Which, of cause, will serve as a legal and justifiable argument for the next steps below:

Letting, not preventing, Kurds create a puppet Kurdish state in Iraq, which will be a natural ally for America. Preliminarily, of cause, ensuring that; most of the Iraqi oil reserves are controlled by Kurds and make sure that they are properly armed to confront Shias, Sunni and eventually – Turkey to free their occupied land.

Expel Turkey form NATO, because USA will have several opportunities for relocating military bases in the region; Kurdistan, Georgia and perhaps the Sunni state.

Relocate military bases from Turkey to Kurdistan.

Return US army home.

Doing so America will enjoy, almost world wide support; because the action will help the justice to prevail. And for USA most important thing is that it will, first of all, serve American national interests. Of cause Kurds and Armenia will benefit from this too. But, you know, this is not the primary goal of the action above.

What happened to France-Turkish relations after passing the Armenian Genocide bill … nothing! Now Turks are handling their politics with France more cautiously and politely, than ever before, that is the results are positive for France.
                    Regards Gegev
                    We shouldn't agree to establish diplomatic relations with Turks before April 24, 2009 it needs to be postponed. Otherwise it will assist Turkey to prevent Genocide recognition by the US pariliament.

Don’t you think that the post above is currently most important issue for the period until April 24, 2009? And the other related issues to be discussed can wait a little bit.

All the best,
                    Gegev
                    Last edited by gegev; 04-02-2009, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ferdi2
                      Quite ironic. There is also an alternate position that Turks shouldn't establish diplomatic relations before April 24 to exert maximum pressure on the US NOT to recognize. The threat being that if AG recognition gets accepted by Congress then the deal to establish relations will be off the table.

Doesn't this all sound like a game? i.e. a bit of political ping pong perhaps.

regards,
                      Ferdi
                      ferdi, it's a game that's been played for nearly 100 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X