Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Obama refuses to Call Armenian Genocide a Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obama refuses to Call Armenian Genocide a Genocide

Originally posted by CRDA-France View Post
    Obama refuses to Call Armenian Genocide a Genocide ? Really ? Then inform the African American community about these following points:

- It is as if it would be said that Middle Passage was a second class voyage and slavery was an employment contract. Genocide and its denial are the ultimate phases of racism.

- Today gun traders are slave traders of yesterday.

- Thus at present, the heirs of slave trade companies and ship owners, as the other heirs such as insurers, bankers, stockholders of that time, do not miss to trade with Turkey, always in denial about the Armenian Genocide, calling it "a strategic key ally".

My article : http://www.globalarmenianheritage-ad...dmemories0.htm

US African Americans And Armenians : Shared Memories - Compared Genocidal Sructures

Nil (Paris, France)
    That still ignores the point...it doesn't matter how much support or demands are made the fact is that Obama is being seduced (though you can put it better) by the Turkish government to back down from his promise (and not personally support a Genocide recognition bill through congress) through Turkish threats to not co-operate with the US.

Sure he may say privately he believes the Genocide occured...but if he refuses to say so publicly on April the 24th then what do you think will happen when a bill is put through to recognise the genocide...my bet...Obama will "let congress decide".

Read this from cbs:

Here is another article from fox news:
    Presidential politics and political news from foxnews.com. News about political parties, political campaigns, world and international politics, politics news headlines plus in-depth features and video clips.

I agree wait and see, but politicians are politicians...but I think the Obama admin... will hold off recognition as long as possible, perhaps not recognize it all.
    Last edited by hipeter924; 04-16-2009, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
      BTW, anybody know the best route to the nearest Baboon Airbase from Artsakh, just in case?
      Just follow the laser down!

Eddo jan, seriously now, will you go?
      I know I'll be there.

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
        Just follow the laser down!

Eddo jan, seriously now, will you go?
        I know I'll be there.

Please don’t ask me why hrai but I have no choice. I must go
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
          Please don’t ask me why hrai but I have no choice. I must go
          apre eddo!

No whys needed.

Comment

Go where?

Marching?

Comment

Richard Hovhannisyan expects a harsh speech without the word genocide

22.04.2009 18:06

Nvard Davtyan
              “Radiolur”

UCLA Professor Richard Hovhannisyan told a press conference today that like the previous years, the pressure on the President of the United States has considerably grown in April. He hopes Barack Obama will fulfill his pre-election pledge and will come forth with a stronger speech on April 24.

Richard Hovhannisyan does not doubt that the pressures from the Pentagon, Turkey and Armenia have increased ahead of April 24. The Turkish Government now understands that the dialogue with Armenia may be endangered if the US recognizes the Armenian Genocide. On the other hand, Turkey applies an economic pressure: Turkey is a large consumer of American weapons. There is also the factor of Iraq. Turkey may refuse to provide its airspace to American planes.

“Turkey is very flexible. It can declare any moment that it’s a member of the Islamic, Asian or African world, or it can declare it belongs to Europe. They have an easy way to escape, saying that they wanted to normalize the relations, but Armenians did not make any concessions. This is a primitive policy, but sometimes it works," Richard Hovhannisyan said.

The Professor does not understand or is not aware of Armenia’s policy in its relations with Turkey. According to him, the Armenian President’s initiative of inviting the Turkish President to Armenia was a daring and amazing step, but he would like to see a program behind it. “I don’t know about the secret programs, but I hope they exist. We often start on a journey without programs. For example, let’s say Turkey recognizes the genocide. What are we going to demand afterwards? Some Armenians say let Turkey simply accept the history, others speak about the return of the lands of their ancestors. We have no common national plan.”

Professor Hovhannisyan hopes that on April 24 the US President will fulfill the promise to Armenians. “If Obama uttered the word genocide, it would be a great moral victory for Armenia. It would pave the way for many countries to recognize the genocide, thus increasing the pressure on Turkey,” Mr. Hovhannisyan said.

The historian disagrees with the opinion that the recognition of the Armenian Genocide by Obama will mean the end of the Armenian Diaspora. On the contrary, the human and financial potential will be directed towards the development of the Armenian culture. “We cannot live only morning the crimes of the past,” the historian says.

“Even if Obama fails to recognize the genocide on April 24, it won’t be a tragedy. We have struggled for years and we will continue the struggle. At last, the historical fact has already been proven. The problem is only a political one,” Richard Hovhannisyan concluded.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                Richard Hovhannisyan expects a harsh speech without the word genocide

22.04.2009 18:06

Nvard Davtyan
                “Radiolur”

The historian disagrees with the opinion that the recognition of the Armenian Genocide by Obama will mean the end of the Armenian Diaspora. On the contrary, the human and financial potential will be directed towards the development of the Armenian culture. “We cannot live only morning [sic] the crimes of the past,” the historian says.

http://www.armradio.am/news/?part=pol&id=14829
                Ugh... I am the spelling nazi. :-/
                [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I don't know why anyone is suprised by Obamas' neglect to honor this pre election promise or by any other past presidents neglect to do so. The US is never going to enforce any sort of sanction or restriction upon the Turkish Government in regard to the Armenian Genocide. I think that it is foolishness to ever expect this to happen.

Comment

I would gladly take the risk appearing foolish a thousand times over before I give in to synicism.
                    "All truth passes through three stages:
                    First, it is ridiculed;
                    Second, it is violently opposed; and
                    Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur View Post
                      I would gladly take the risk appearing foolish a thousand times over before I give in to synicism.
                      It's an interesting point of view.

Comment

Working...
                      X