Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Obama refuses to Call Armenian Genocide a Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obama refuses to Call Armenian Genocide a Genocide

Let me put it like this,I believe in the empowerment that freedom of thought and speech brings to a community, and in its healing powers.No kind of fear is a match against those powers.
    "All truth passes through three stages:
    First, it is ridiculed;
    Second, it is violently opposed; and
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Very soon they will have different "ideas" about what happened in WWI, don't worry.
      Great. I always disliked that glorious past but this evolotion will help my people and our aim. Not yours.

Let me put it like this,I believe in the empowerment that freedom of thought and speech brings to a community, and in its healing powers.No kind of fear is a match against those powers.
      This is like a tale. Humans have no such good personality.

Reality and idealism is two different thing. I am not against idealism but You should not comment real world with your idealistic vision...

When It comes to Obama. Be realist. Do you realy think, Obama did not accept AG because He think Turkey and ROA are improving their relation. In reality, Obama needed an excuse. That is all..

Comment

Originally posted by Palavra View Post
        Great. I always disliked that glorious past but this evolotion will help my people and our aim. Not yours.

This is like a tale. Humans have no such good personality.

Reality and idealism is two different thing. I am not against idealism but You should not comment real world with your idealistic vision...

When It comes to Obama. Be realist. Do you realy think, Obama did not accept AG because He think Turkey and ROA are improving their relation. In reality, Obama needed an excuse. That is all..
        How do you know what is or what is not possible without tasting that kind of freedom .You don't
        "All truth passes through three stages:
        First, it is ridiculed;
        Second, it is violently opposed; and
        Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

That is not argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Palavra View Post
            Gavur do you realy think, Turkish people will accept AG ? You are waiting much from us. Unlike other civilized countries, Turkish people will see harm from AG recognision. Also, Unlike other countries, Turkish people have their own ideas about what happened at ww1. Sure some of them is live but not everyone of them..
            turkey and turkish will never accept AG.

But you have a typo above, should read : "Unlike civilized countries, turkish people will see harm from AG recognition.

Comment

That was an irony my friend.

Comment

Armenia blames gov't for Obama statement

YEREVAN - The US president’s failure to use the word ’genocide’ is blamed on the Armenian government’s handling of the issue. Most Armenian commentators believe that ’the road map’ turns the matter toward Turkey’s favor

U.S. President Barack Obama’s failure to use the word "genocide" in his April 24 statement marking the deaths of Armenians in 1915 was blamed primarily on the Armenian government’s handling of the issue. According to commentators in Yerevan, and members of the general public, the 22 April announcement of a roadmap to improve relations between Turkey and Armenia took the wind out of the genocide-recognition efforts of the Armenian lobby in the U.S. Despite promises to the contrary during his election campaign, Obama declined to use the ’G’ word to describe the deaths in 1915, opting instead for the Armenian word "Meds Yeghern," which can be translated as "The Great Catastrophe" or "The Great Disaster."

The joint announcement by the Foreign Ministries of Turkey, Armenia and Switzerland last Wednesday that the two Caucasian neighbors had agreed on a roadmap to improve relations under Swiss auspices is still reverberating in Yerevan, with many criticizing Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian and President Serge Sarkisian for reaching such a deal. Armenian Foreign Ministry spokesman Dikran Balayan, speaking to the Hürriyet Daily News & Economic Review, dismissed reports that the two countries had signed any formal agreement, adding, "The Turkish press, as usual, is misrepresenting what has happened. This is just a roadmap."

Most of the commentators, reporters and politicians waiting at the Getron TV headquarters on April 24 were hoping Obama would use the word "genocide" in his statement but knew it was highly unlikely after Wednesday’s announcements. Repeated calls to the U.S. by Giro Manoyan, the international secretary of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation’s Dashaksutyun bureau, failed to turn the tide.

Obama’s use of the term "Meds Yeghern" failed to satisfy Armenian expectations. Hagop Avedikyan, the editor in chief of daily Azk, said he found Obama’s statement greatly lacking. "The massacres directed at Armenians were not exclusive to 1915. The real acts began in 1896," he said. "Armenians described what happened between 1896 and 1915 as Meds Yeghern. One must also recognize the fact that at the time, the use of 'genocide' terminology was nonexistent."

Aram Abrahamyan, the editor in chief of daily Aravod, agreed with his colleague, saying that "Meds Yeghern" was not adequate to describe what happened. "We must congratulate our Foreign Minister Nalbandian. The roadmap that was signed transformed the matter in Turkey’s favor and eased Obama’s predicament," he added.

While most Armenian commentators were pessimistic about what would happen next, the director of the Armenia National Academy of Sciences’ Institute of Oriental Studies, Prof. Ruben Safrastian found Obama’s remarks "encouraging," saying, "He will eventually use the word ’genocide’ in another statement."

Link
                Obama’s use of the term "Meds Yeghern" failed to satisfy Armenian expectations. Hagop Avedikyan, the editor in chief of daily Azk, said he found Obama’s statement greatly lacking. "The massacres directed at Armenians were not exclusive to 1915. The real acts began in 1896," he said. "Armenians described what happened between 1896 and 1915 as Meds Yeghern. One must also recognize the fact that at the time, the use of 'genocide' terminology was nonexistent."
                Could anyone here confirm that the comments which is underlined with bold text above is correct?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellektor View Post
                  If any one of us can open our eyes, we all can see what happens here and we don't need Fisk to tell us. I for one have already said that he would not utter the G word. I have also said it a million times and I'll say it again:

This is simply a lever in the hands of Jews to push the buttons of Turks or Armenians whenever needed, a very precious lever that these miserly bastards will never let go of, therefore, it's never going to happen. They have fooled us into believing unless the Jew appointed clown in the White House utters the term Armenian Genocide, we are not allowed to demand reparations from Turkey.

They want us to believe, since they persuaded the world of their holo-schmolo and emotionally blackmailed the international community, they were able to kick the Arabs out of their home so that a couple million Khazar Turks would leave cool and rainy Europe and go live in the hot and dry desert. Same way we have to persuhttp://forum.hyeclub.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=265210ade the whole world that our nation was exterminated in our own homeland before we can “ask” for compensation.

Since in the Union of Soviet Sionist “Republics” era the Armenian state did not exist as a subject of international law, the Diaspora Armenians had to push for this recognition issue and could not raise that of the Wilson arbitration, something that can only be done by a sovereign state.

Wilsonian Armenia is no reparation, it is a strictly legal matter which has nothing to do with the Armenian Genocide recognition or not. In fact it dates from 22 November 1920, 28 full years before the adoption of genocide laws.

This is why I cry on top of my voice that Armenians all over the world should change their strategy and put the pressure on the government of the Republic of Armenia to raise the Wilson arbitration issue. This will force the Jews to reconsider their strategy as well, passing resolution after resolution recognizing and re-recognizing the Armenian Genocide and beg us on their knees only if we would leave their Turk whore alone.

Note that the Wilsonian Armenia is not compensation for the Armenian Genocide, but the restoration of our rights to albeit, a small part of our homeland which will allow us an outlet to the Black Sea and provide sufficient territory for the safety and progress of the Armenian nation.

Compensation and damages we will demand when Turkey recognizes the Armenian Genocide, whenever that may be.

I have to add to the above that in the light (or rather darkness) of the current developments and the concessions of our unworthy statesmen, I fear the worse, nevertheless. I fear that this loser of government of ours will recognize the Judeo-Bolshevik genocidal border and commit the greatest treachery in our history. I also fear they'll cede the liberated territories around the “Azeri” drawn, illegal borders of NKAO which will herald the countdown to extinction of Armenia.

Check my assessment of this person. We are not fooled by this sort of scum.

Wait another four to eight years? For what? No effing way! To hell with what the Jew appointed puppet at the head of the United Slaves of Israel will utter concerning Armenians. He won't be doing anything but parroting the text written by his Jew speechwriter where at best what he might say wouldn’t be much different than: “If the Armenian massacres were condemned at the time, the holler-causter would never have happened”.

Hey, pitiful statesmen of Armenia, bring on the issue of the borders fixed by the Wilson arbitration, the only internationally valid legal document concerning the borders between Armenia and Turkey, before it’s too late!
                  The sad fact is that Obama is the pawn of the American system...and that system gives a blank cheque to Turkey and Israel apparently.

I think people have to stop trusting Obama or any US President and put all efforts into lobbying the US senate, because it is clear Obama is not going do much on Armenia's behalf (if anything).

Or do the insane thing and wait and hope for another 100 years for a President who doesn't just lie to get Armenian votes? I think that is unlikely since Obama's speech proves a US President never will never keep a promise to Armenians.

Regardless though Turkey and Israel can't stop US states and the world from recognizing the genocide...every few years or so a new US state or nation recognizes.
                  Last edited by hipeter924; 04-27-2009, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post
                    The sad fact is that Obama is the pawn of the American system...and that system gives a blank cheque to Turkey and Israel apparently.

I think people have to stop trusting Obama or any US President and put all efforts into lobbying the US senate, because it is clear Obama is not going do much on Armenia's behalf (if anything).

Or do the insane thing and wait and hope for another 100 years for a President who doesn't just lie to get Armenian votes? I think that is unlikely since Obama's speech proves a US President never will never keep a promise to Armenians.

Regardless though Turkey and Israel can't stop US states and the world from recognizing the genocide...every few years or so a new US state or nation recognizes.
                    Yes yes yes. As well as us lobbying the US senate, Armenians should put every effort to get into the US Senate. The more the better, and I believe we don't have to get most of our rights, I mean our legal rights by waiting solely on US's recognition of the Genocide; although if it does it'll be far better and quicker. However, legally we could still demand our anscestral belongings (moneys, property rights and finally the Wilsonian Armenian lands). We could certainly start working on that!!!!!!

Plus we have to work on the Armenian government to support us and try to be more demanding for their anscestral rights after all. And obviously NEVER NEVER give an inch away to the azeri shoon shan vortis for any little lands that we got by our brave brethren with their sweats and their life.
                    Last edited by Anoush; 04-27-2009, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post

Man... I can't believe after repeating it a million times, no one seems to hear what I say!

We don't need the Jew appointed clown in the White House to utter Armenian Genocide to achieve the resolution of our Cause. We need to raise the issue of the Armenia-Turkey border so that by this change of strategy, we'll force these Jews who own and run the United Slaves of Israel, to reconsider theirs as well.

To hell with the senate and screw the US puppet of a president! Bring on the Wilson arbitration issue which is also part of the law of the land of the United States of America. We don't need to wait a 100 years. More, we have to act fast, in the light (or rather shadow) of the present dealings of the treacherous, unworthy statesmen of the Republic of Armenia.

These are dangerous times; we are on the verge of disappearing from the face of history if we don't act against the treachery of our government.

Comment

Working...
                      X