Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

History of the Armenian Genocide

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: History of the Armenian Genocide

If you want more, pay me $10,000 and give me six months
    Well aren't you an expensive xxxxxcat o O !!!
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
      Is that similar to someone saying what should and what should not be called genocide is completely subjective?

You (and that hypothetical someone) are wrong - it is not subjective. You have provided what you think is an answer before properly thinking about what question you should be answering.

Crimson, just shove a toy mouse in his mouth and be done with it. And yes, the term genocide IS completely subjective. Those who claim to have suffered the worst fate in the history of humanity by coining the term "Holocaust" have a country of 7 million with even a greater number in the diaspora. Meanwhile, Armenians with 2.5 decades of time in between the two events have a dwindling world wide population of about 8 million. I acknowledge your contribution to the forum and welcome your creative criticism as long as its criticism and not insults.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

He's making some good points, Bell. Most of your posts are filled with sarcasm and sharp insults so I suggest you change your attitude.
        THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Good enough for turks.
          For Armenian is a shame to do not know more than this.

P.S By the way Armenians originated not in Caucasus but in Northern Mesopotamia what is now South/Eastern turkey. This post has lot of inaccurate statements
          Last edited by Mukuch; 05-10-2009, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Is that similar to someone saying what should and what should not be called genocide is completely subjective?
            Uhhhh.....no. No, it's not similar to that in the least bit. What the hell kind of comparison was that?

You (and that hypothetical someone) are wrong - it is not subjective. You have provided what you think is an answer before properly thinking about what question you should be answering.
            And as usually, you have provided a generic, meaningless reply with no substance, or value. Are you even reading anything beyond the first sentence or two? Or do you suffer from the same A.D.D that the majority I'm talking about do? This piece was written in the fashion it was on purpose, to address/answer the questions, accusations, allegations, suggestions and so on that I have found through REAL WORLD RESEARCH, not through this universal ideal you have that you seem to think exists, but is actually a figment of your imagination. Had you bothered to read, and/or fully comprehend my explanation of what I was addressing/going for by setting up the summary the way I did, you'd know that. You also wouldn't be bothering to respond with your nonsensical, irrelevant replies.

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
            P.S By the way Armenians originated not in Caucasus but in Northern Mesopotamia what is now South/Eastern turkey.
            Where are you getting this from? I've read a lot of different theories in several different books and websites, but no one has accredited Armenian origins to Mesopotamia that I've come across. Or are you stating we're somehow tied to Mesopotamia because you subscribe to the silly theory that we have Sumerian roots? There was a good discussion about this years ago on here, and though it covered just about every theory out there, again, there's no mention of Armenians originating from Mesopotamia (other than one being able to suggest a loose relation by the sole member who subscribes to the above mentioned theory).

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
            This post has lot of inaccurate statements
            Then please point them out, rather than leaving an open-ended statement like this.

You know, I find it rather funny how I asked for help from experts on this essay last year, looking for volunteers to proofread it many times for several months, and not a SINGLE person responded, neither on here, nor on armeniangenocide.com. Yet, once I finally post the piece (with Federate being the sole volunteer to look over it when I told him about this in the chatroom), people are coming out of the woodwork to complain about how much it "sucks", or how inadequate and inaccurate it is. Interesting how that works. What's MORE interesting is that this is the ONLY site I've had any negative response.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Glow View Post

Where are you getting this from? I've read a lot of different theories in several different books and websites, but no one has accredited Armenian origins to Mesopotamia that I've come across. Or are you stating we're somehow tied to Mesopotamia because you subscribe to the silly theory that we have Sumerian roots? There was a good discussion about this years ago on here, and though it covered just about every theory out there, again, there's no mention of Armenians originating from Mesopotamia (other than one being able to suggest a loose relation by the sole member who subscribes to the above mentioned theory).

Then please point them out, rather than leaving an open-ended statement like this.

Originally posted by Crimson Glow View Post
              You know, I find it rather funny how I asked for help from experts on this essay last year, looking for volunteers to proofread it many times for several months, and not a SINGLE person responded, neither on here, nor on armeniangenocide.com. Yet, once I finally post the piece (with Federate being the sole volunteer to look over it when I told him about this in the chatroom), people are coming out of the woodwork to complain about how much it "sucks", or how inadequate and inaccurate it is. Interesting how that works. What's MORE interesting is that this is the ONLY site I've had any negative response.
              I am sorry if you took it so personally. The intention was not “to come from the woods” and criticize but just to correct what was in my opinion not accurate. I appreciate the work you have done. I wouldn’t have patience to write such a long post.

Comment

I found this site: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Cyprus/7758/

Documents various Turkish War Crimes including the Armenian Genocide and more, and has some good quotes.

Here is a small part:

Introduction

This web site was created to expose the Truth about what happened to millions of people originating from the land of Anatolia. What is now called the republic of Turkey was created by large scale ethnic cleansing and genocide. The people that now call themselves Turks eliminated most of the original populations of Anatolia. After they did that, they have attempted to rewrite history in such a way as to deny that the people they eliminated ever existed there.

This is a crime against Humanity!

The Turkish aggressive military buildup, like that of Nazi Germany and the former Soviet Union, is fueled by their need to be seen as fighting internal and external enemies. Turkey is carrying out a massive military buildup not because it faces real threats or dangers - it does not - but rather because it remains a military dictatorship and needs enemies. Absent some systematic change in Turkey, we can expect a steady level of military tension with Turkey's neighbors with the real possibility of a crisis. The Turkish Military dictatorship must constantly maintain a high level of tension within the country. This is done by provoking incidents with minorities, religious, and political groups. They will arrest several people from one of the groups and detain them. During this time the detainees will by tortured and denied basic human rights. The group's members often retaliate . This is called terrorism by the state. Thus the endless cycle continues. As long as this state of constant tension exits, the military dictatorship maintains its grip on power. Adding to this are American and other foreign defence contractors. They make their money off war. So a Turkey constantly at war with it self is a good thing for them. It means more business. They could care less who gets killed as long as the orders come in for new weapons. It is up to the Turkish people to come to the realization of their sorry situation. The recent earthquake and corruption in the Turkish banking system have created major problems for the Turkish economy. The Turkish lira has recently lost 40% of its value. Turkey is now seeking loans in excess of U.S. $10 billion dollars. There is no doubt that the Turkish military intends to grab way more than its fair share to fund their aggressive military buildup and cover the corrupt spending practices of their puppet government. The Turks should be denied this money on moral principles since most of it will be spent on weapons of war and to artificially prop up a government that has no concept of Human rights, morality and Justice.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
                  nice job Crim, I encourage you to include your references for this. On the whole, for the purpose you wrote this, it was very well thought out and I congratulate you. It is an asset for everyone to be able to read this.
                  I was born in Istanbul/Turkey and live since 42 years in Munic/Germany. I feel ashamed to be an armenian from turkey, because they speak everywhere in the publicity and even in their own houses only turkish. Most of them didn't know even armenian language.
                  They are such a way assimilate that there is no difference between a turk or a "turkisch-armenian".
                  I myself hate the turks like the "pest", becauce they did during the whole history so many bad things including several genocide against armenian population. Turks didn't respekt armenians and use the word "ermeni" as a swear word. Turks every year celebrate the erstwhile mass murderer. In Istanbul are many street names with erstwhile mass murderer. Turks are still proud of that they have murdered so many armenians.
                  In consideration of all this negative aspects how is it posible to love as an turkish-armenian the turks and the turkish culture?
                  In my eyes turkish-armenians aren't pure armenians they are pseudo turks, of course not all of them, there are some exceptions.

Best regards
                  Hayayrun
                  Last edited by Hayayrun; 02-23-2011, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayayrun View Post
                    I was born in Istanbul/Turkey and live since 42 years in Munic/Germany. I feel ashamed to be an armenian from turkey, because they speak everywhere in the publicity and even in their own houses only turkish. Most of them didn't know even armenian language.
                    They are such a way assimilate that there is no difference between a turk or a "turkisch-armenian".
                    I myself hate the turks like the "pest", becauce they did during the whole history so many bad things including several genocide against armenian population. Turks didn't respekt armenians and use the word "ermeni" as a swear word. Turks every year celebrate the erstwhile mass murderer. In Istanbul are many street names with erstwhile mass murderer. Turks are still proud of that they have murdered so many armenians.
                    In consideration of all this negative aspects how is it posible to love as an turkish-armenian the turks and the turkish culture?
                    In my eyes turkish-armenians aren't pure armenians they are pseudo turks, of course not all of them, there are some exceptions.

Best regards
                    Hayayrun
                    So what does that make you as a German citizen considering Germany was just as responsible for the Armenian Genocide as the Ottoman Empire was?
                    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

First of all I am always an armenian where ever I live in the world.

I know that germans were also guilty and responsible for the armenian genocide as turks. Germans helped turks by planing and execution.
                      Germany hush up this crime against humanity for 96 years.
                      Well, I only live in germany but don't agree with their policy.

Comment

Working...
                      X