Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Obama revoked his promise to calle armenian "geonicide" by it's proper name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama revoked his promise to calle armenian "geonicide" by it's proper name

Once again yet another American president revokes his promise to Armenians to call the Armenian Genocide of 1.5 Million Armenians' torturous deaths of 1915 with it's proper name GENOCIDE. Thus playing to the dances of the turkish mullahs.

Obama got all the Armenian votes by giving empty promises of calling the GENOCIDE by it's proper name yet he did NOT deliver it.

I don't know about the rest of the world's Armenians but I am sick and tired of every American president playing to the turkish mullahs threats, dances and selling out their ideals, morality, values and what they darn know better. They seem to be petrified by the turks or I should say the turkish sword along with their Israelite allies who supports them 100%; then accepting historical known facts of the Armenian people and nation who were pretty much in it's entirety were systematically annihilated in their own anscestral lands of millenia.

I am sick and tired American presidents that you had to sell out your souls once again to the Turks and their bloody mullahs your virtues, your morality, your humanity and your humility to a murderous and a belligerent nation - the Turks.
    Last edited by Anoush; 04-26-2009, 01:05 PM.

Re: Obama revoked his promise to calle armenian "geonicide" by it's proper name

turkish mullahs? interesting Anoush
    "All truth passes through three stages:
    First, it is ridiculed;
    Second, it is violently opposed; and
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

I feel pretty stupid for trying to convince Armenians(and Greeks) to vote for Obama now that Obama broke his pledge to use the "G" word.I`m also starting to hear that the Greek-American community have also been taking another look on Obama considering that when he was in Turkey and met with the Greek othodox patriarch in Istanbul, he had asked the patriarch if he was willing to give the Muslim/Turkish minority in Greek thraki(a region in north eastern Greece) more rights in exchange that Turkey would give him more rights.I mean, how f_u_c_ked up isn`t that?First of all, Turkey committed a pogrom against the Greeks in Istanbul 1955 and deported the rest of them in 1963 and now he asks for more rights for the Muslim/Turkish minority in Greek thraki?

The Greek patriarch told Obama that he doesn`t represent the Greek government and that this is a issue between Greece and Turkey.I have to say, that Obama put the Greek patriarch in an awkward position and probably the Turkish lobby succeeded to influence Obama to tie the Greek patriach`s rights with the Muslim/Turkish minority in Greek thraki.Although Obama covered some of the issues in his speech in the Turkish parliament that concerns Cyprus, the Greek patriarch and the theological school of Halki and which was commended by the Greek-American community; what Obama did behind closed doors was worrying.I don`t like this "give and take" approach.The restrictions that have been put on the Greek patriarch by Turkey, the Greeks living in Istanbul are only 4-5 thousand and the theological school of Halki being closed(it was closed down by Turkey) since the 70s means that we will not have a Greek patriarch in the future.Then I haven`t mentioned all the properties that Greeks and the Greek patriarch owned in Istanbul...have been seized by Turkey.

It has been a tradition that American Presidents always visit Greece first and then visit Turkey.However this time, Obama snubbed Greece and didn`t visit Greece but visited Turkey instead.

Anyway, maybe we should give the guy some more time before we judge him.There`s still time for having the AG resolution passed in U.S congress and therefore it would put pressure on Obama to use the "G" word.I think next year would be a better opportunity for that considering that there will be Congressional elections.It could also be so that Obama chose to avoid the "G" word this year in exchange that Turkey opens its border with Armenia and normalize its relations with Armenia.When this is done, maybe he will use the "G" word.

And lastly, had McCain been elected instead he would had been 100x worse I`m afraid considering his pro-Turkish record.Oh well, it all boils down to choose between the lesser of two evils.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandros View Post
        I feel pretty stupid for trying to convince Armenians(and Greeks) to vote for Obama now that Obama broke his pledge to use the "G" word.I`m also starting to hear that the Greek-American community have also been taking another look on Obama considering that when he was in Turkey and met with the Greek othodox patriarch in Istanbul, he had asked the patriarch if he was willing to give the Muslim/Turkish minority in Greek thraki(a region in north eastern Greece) more rights in exchange that Turkey would give him more rights.I mean, how f_u_c_ked up isn`t that?First of all, Turkey committed a pogrom against the Greeks in Istanbul 1955 and deported the rest of them in 1963 and now he asks for more rights for the Muslim/Turkish minority in Greek thraki?

The Greek patriarch told Obama that he doesn`t represent the Greek government and that this is a issue between Greece and Turkey.I have to say, that Obama put the Greek patriarch in an awkward position and probably the Turkish lobby succeeded to influence Obama to tie the Greek patriach`s rights with the Muslim/Turkish minority in Greek thraki.Although Obama covered some of the issues in his speech in the Turkish parliament that concerns Cyprus, the Greek patriarch and the theological school of Halki and which was commended by the Greek-American community; what Obama did behind closed doors was worrying.I don`t like this "give and take" approach.The restrictions that have been put on the Greek patriarch by Turkey, the Greeks living in Istanbul are only 4-5 thousand and the theological school of Halki being closed(it was closed down by Turkey) since the 70s means that we will not have a Greek patriarch in the future.Then I haven`t mentioned all the properties that Greeks and the Greek patriarch owned in Istanbul...have been seized by Turkey.

It has been a tradition that American Presidents always visit Greece first and then visit Turkey.However this time, Obama snubbed Greece and didn`t visit Greece but visited Turkey instead.

Anyway, maybe we should give the guy some more time before we judge him.There`s still time for having the AG resolution passed in U.S congress and therefore it would put pressure on Obama to use the "G" word.I think next year would be a better opportunity for that considering that there will be Congressional elections.It could also be so that Obama chose to avoid the "G" word this year in exchange that Turkey opens its border with Armenia and normalize its relations with Armenia.When this is done, maybe he will use the "G" word.

And lastly, had McCain been elected instead he would had been 100x worse I`m afraid considering his pro-Turkish record.Oh well, it all boils down to choose between the lesser of two evils.
        Dear Alexandros; unfortunately you're not alone, as a staunch supporter of ANCA I have also tried to convince some Armenians to vote for Obama, alas.... I quite understand your aggrevations and disappointments as I do, when the turkish government for 94 years after the Genocide have put great restrictions on the Armenian Archbishop in Constantinople, Ankara and elsewhere to speak or not to speak in a manner that only pleases them. As well as restrictions not to renovate any Armenian Churches or schools. To top it off, they told Armenian children that they should feel apologetic as their anscestors massacred them, imagine the mega abuse that the Armenians in turkey endured. For the life of me I don't know why Armenians still live in turkey or they lived in that dirt land all these years.

I also remember how Americans sold arms to the turks in the mid sixties, who in turn they the turks were killing in Cyprus men, women and children left and right; until they got hold off half of the Cyprus lands.
        Last edited by Anoush; 04-26-2009, 02:36 PM.

Comment

It's also sad how Armenians believed him and gave him the votes in the first place.

Comment

You mean Armenian Americans don't you?
            Do you think the actuation of the word Genocide is the only issue that concerns us Armenian-Americans?
            "All truth passes through three stages:
            First, it is ridiculed;
            Second, it is violently opposed; and
            Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
              It's also sad how Armenians believed him and gave him the votes in the first place.
              The results for the elections wouldn't have made a difference if a single Armenian voted or not, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by iFemale View Post
                The results for the elections wouldn't have made a difference if a single Armenian voted or not, anyway.
                The more intelligent of the two candidates won either way. The president is just a poster boy for the lobbyists... I hope people don't believe GW aBush really made decisions for the "good" of the citizens. I think Obama has better character, but we all know power corrupts.
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
                  ANCA was urging Armenians to vote for Obama as they believed that he was the man for us but like someone else said in here; power corrupts people and presidents alike.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur View Post
                    Do you think the actuation of the word Genocide is the only issue that concerns us Armenian-Americans?
                    America is powerful and a leader in many ways; with industry, economy, army, armaments and so called democracy. If and when America accepts the legal term Genocide then turkey will have to abide. By giving us back the wealth that we left behind and our lands.

On the other spectrum is the struggle of our Artsaxian lands to be accepted by the powerful nations. The islamic azeris and it is in the interest of the islamic turkey as well who are fighting hand in hand to steal that land from us even though we won the war. But that's what they are trying to manipulate the powerful nations to agree with them. But now we have a pretty strong nation, a nation that our anscestors dreamed about for more than 5-6 hundred years, and now we have it.

WE SHALL OVERCOME and we shall have a LARGER ARMENIA... the one that our anscestors from 6 hundred years only dreamed about!!!!!!
                    Last edited by Anoush; 04-26-2009, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X