Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Monte Melkonian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Monte Melkonian

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
    R.I.P. Avo jan!

We have heroes like Avo, who gave the ultimate gift and dedicated their lives to our fatherland; on the other hand we have cowards who shoot heroes in their backs and sell our fatherland in the flea market.

Another Artsakh hero is Dr. Stepan Gevorgyan, they’ve just sentenced him for 7 years in prison on a falls charges.
    Have searched info about Stepan but couldn't find anything about him.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
      Have searched info about Stepan but couldn't find anything about him.
      Don’t want to turn this thread about him. Just small and short information about him, the name is Dr. Stepan Gevorgyan (AKA “Styopik”) he was a surgeon in Erebuni military hospital in Yerevan. They showed him on TV taking a bribe and humiliated him. But it was proven in court that; he had received a phone call from his superior and was ordered to accept the bribe, the bribe was't for him it was for his boss, this event was all staged. This was all proven in the court. He was sentenced June 9th 2009,for 7 years in prison, this after they’ve held him for almost 1 year in the KGB’s prison without any judgement. “Styopik” has just received the Eagle medal from Artsakh(One of the highest Hero medals) while he was in jail. By the way this is a Yerevantsi guy went and fought with the “Suicide commandos” (Mahabardneri Jokat) for the liberation of Artsakh, he has participated in the liberation of Shoushi.

Comment

Thanks Federate for this thread. Honestly I didn't know much on Monte and his political path in details...

An Armenian-American, Melkonian left the United States and arrived in Iran in 1978 during the beginning of the 1979 Iranian Revolution, taking part in demonstrations against the Shah. Following the collapse of the Shah's monarchy in 1979...
        Wow, this is interesting. I wonder why he made such a move as an American-Armenian?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
          Thanks Federate for this thread. Honestly I didn't know much on Monte and his political path in details...

Wow, this is interesting. I wonder why he made such a move as an American-Armenian?
          Good question, also, how was he able to create so much havoc in so many different countries?
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
            Don’t want to turn this thread about him. Just small and short information about him, the name is Dr. Stepan Gevorgyan (AKA “Styopik”) he was a surgeon in Erebuni military hospital in Yerevan. They showed him on TV taking a bribe and humiliated him. But it was proven in court that; he had received a phone call from his superior and was ordered to accept the bribe, the bribe was't for him it was for his boss, this event was all staged. This was all proven in the court. He was sentenced June 9th 2009,for 7 years in prison, this after they’ve held him for almost 1 year in the KGB’s prison without any judgement. “Styopik” has just received the Eagle medal from Artsakh(One of the highest Hero medals) while he was in jail. By the way this is a Yerevantsi guy went and fought with the “Suicide commandos” (Mahabardneri Jokat) for the liberation of Artsakh, he has participated in the liberation of Shoushi.
            It's too too bad... He is the one being jailed and humiliated when he was actually carrying out an order coming from his superior/boss, and how come instead of him his boss wasn't jailed? Why was he jailed for the wrongdoing of his boss? I tell you guys this is a very corruped and a very UNJUST world.

Here's a man innocent of any wrongdoings while his boss was the bad one and plus he is a hero trying to liberate the land of his anscestors in the name of love for his nation, for his country and for his brethren in Artsakh. How sad. I feel like writing to Serzh and collecting petition from all of you guys to free him and clean his good name from any unjustifiable wrongdoings.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
              Yes I also like to thank you Federate jan for writing about Monte and in such detail. I also love Monte for his love and his devotion to his anscestral lands. After all, there is no greater sacrifice than voluntarily giving your life for such a grand cause as liberating your anscestral sacred lands; and Monte was a very giving and a real brave hero. He must be remembered and loved by all Armenians from all around the world for always!!!

Because he was most probably brought up by his parents to be a man with a great heart and love for his anscestral lands and people. It must have been a combination of his upbrining or his education from books and the organizations that he was involved with such as the Armenian Revolutionary Federation.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
                I tell you guys this is a very corruped and a very UNJUST world.
                I can confirm that statement
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                  I can confirm that statement
                  Dear KanadaHye, Don't you think that it would be a good idea for at least some of us to write a letter or e-mail to Serzh Sargsyan to ask him to free this hero man and clear his good name from any wrongdoings? I am willing to write or e-mail to the government and to Serzh about this.

Comment

Dear KanadaHye, Don't you think that it would be a good idea for at least some of us to write a letter or e-mail to Serzh Sargsyan to ask him to free this hero man and clear his good name from any wrongdoings? I am willing to write or e-mail to the government and to Serzh about this.
                    Yeah.... words and petitions don't seem to mean much unless you can get publicity somehow. I like to stick it to governments anonymously and in my own way...... they don't tend to like their authority challenged by intelligence

Comment

Yes I also like to thank you Federate jan for writing about Monte and in such detail. I also love Monte for his love and his devotion to his anscestral lands. After all, there is no greater sacrifice than voluntarily giving your life for such a grand cause as liberating your anscestral sacred lands; and Monte was a very giving and a real brave hero. He must be remembered and loved by all Armenians from all around the world for always!!!

Because he was most probably brought up by his parents to be a man with a great heart and love for his anscestral lands and people. It must have been a combination of his upbrining or his education from books and the organizations that he was involved with such as the Armenian Revolutionary Federation.
                      I hate prove you wrong here Anoush jan, but Monte's parents did not care about their Armenian heritage, Monte discovered about it while travelling, it was all on his own, his parent had nothing to do with it

Read my brother road, his biography

Melkonian was born on November 25, 1957 at Visalia Municipal Hospital in Visalia, California to Charles and Zabel Melkonian. He was the third of four children born to a self-employed cabinetmaker and an elementary-school teacher.[4] By all accounts, Melkonian was described as an all-American child who joined the Boy Scouts and was a pitcher in Little League baseball.[3] Melkonian's parents rarely talked about their ethnic Armenian heritage with their children, often referring to the place of their ancestors as the "Old Country." His interest in his background only sparked at the age of eleven, when his family went on a year-long trip to Europe in 1969.

While taking Spanish language courses in Spain, his teacher had posed him the question of where he was from. Dissatisfied with Melkonian's answer of "California", the teacher rephrased the question by asking "where did your ancestors come from?" His brother Markar Melkonian remarked that "her image of us was not at all like our image of ourselves. She did not view us as the Americans we had always assumed we were." From this moment on, for days and months to come, Markar continues, "Monte pondered [their teacher Señorita] Blanca's question Where are you from?"[5]

In the spring of that year, the family also traveled across Turkey to visit the town of Merzifon, where Melkonian's maternal grandparents were from. Merzifon's population at the time was 23,475 but was almost completely devoid of its once 17,000-strong Armenian population that was wiped out during the Armenian Genocide in 1915. They did find one Armenian family of the three that was living in the town, however, Melkonian soon learned that the only reason this was so, was because the head of the family in 1915 had exchanged the safety of his family in return for identifying all the Armenians in the town to Turkish authorities during the genocide.[6] Monte would later confide to his wife that "he was never the same after that visit....He saw the place that had been lost."[3]

Comment

Working...
                      X