Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

NBA News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NBA News

End of the Road

Nets fire Frank after 0-16 start:

New Jersey Nets management wanted to give Lawrence Frank a chance to get several injured players back on this Western trip, end a historic losing streak and allow him to stay a little longer on the job.

As the consecutive losses to start the season have reached 16, the return of several key players has done little to improve the Nets’ performance and that will cost Frank his job, multiple sources told Yahoo! Sports on Saturday night.

Management has made the decision to fire Frank, a move that will be carried out when the team returns to New Jersey after Sunday night’s game against the Los Angeles Lakers, the sources said. Even if the Nets beat the Lakers, Frank is still expected to be fired.

The plan is for Nets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe to take over as interim coach, but there is still some support within the organization for veteran assistant John Loyer. The new coach is expected to be on the bench when the Nets play host to the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday night in New Jersey, sources said. The Nets could set an NBA record for futility with an 18th straight loss against the Mavs.

Vandeweghe has been on the Nets’ Western trip, studying the team’s personnel and formulating a plan to coach the team. Vandeweghe has wanted to dismiss Frank as far back as last season, sources say, but Thorn has resisted until now.

Sources say Nets management has come to believe that Frank has lost much of the team, a fact that has played out in losses to Denver and Sacramento in the past week. Once the Nets played so poorly against the Kings – believed to be the most winnable game on the trip – management decided it could no longer go on with Frank as coach.

Frank is in the final year of his contract, earning $4 million for the season.

Despite the return of point guard Devin Harris and shooting guard Courtney Lee, the Nets have played long stretches of uninspired basketball. “Most of the guys have tuned him out,” one source with direct knowledge of the locker room environment said. “This isn’t all Lawrence’s fault, but everyone knows that this can’t go on anymore.”

Vandeweghe was an assistant coach in Dallas for two seasons and also has worked as an executive for the Mavericks and Denver Nuggets since retiring as a player. If Vandeweghe takes over the Nets as expected, it will be for a similar reason that New Orleans GM Jeff Bower did after the dismissal of Byron Scott earlier this month: With cost-cutting, there was no assistant coach deemed capable of navigating the interim job.

With the Nets bleeding money and awaiting NBA approval of Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov’s ownership, New Jersey simply doesn’t have the money to look outside the organization for a coach now.

Frank took over for Scott as New Jersey’s coach in January of 2004, winning his first 13 games on the bench. Frank led the Nets to the playoffs three times, including two Atlantic Division titles. Frank has a close relationship with Thorn and has repeatedly said that Thorn has stood by him in the past couple seasons when other executives would’ve probably fired him. Frank has a 225-241 record in parts of six seasons, and most league executives believe that he’ll work again as a head coach.

Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Clippers announcers meet with Haddadi before game

LOS ANGELES (AP)—Clippers play-by-play man Ralph Lawler and color analyst Michael Smith met with Grizzlies center Hamed Haddadi(notes) before Sunday’s game at Staples Center, where they expressed regret for an incident that earned the TV broadcasters a one-game suspension.

It was the first meeting between the teams since Lawler’s and Smith’s off-the-cuff remarks about the Iranian-born center during the final minutes of the Clippers’ 106-91 loss at Memphis on Nov. 18. One offended viewer sent an e-mail to the Fox Sports Prime Ticket network.

“It went really well,” Lawler told the Associated Press, about an hour before tipoff. “It was really good to get a chance to shake his hand and look him in the eye. We reached out to him, he reached back, and I feel real good about it.”

Before Lawler and Smith spoke with Haddadi in the Grizzlies’ dressing room, they had a conversation with his agent and three representatives of the Alliance of Iranian Americans in another room that coach Mike Dunleavy uses for his postgame press conferences.

“He doesn’t speak a whole lot of English, so we had his manager translate for us,” Lawler added. “He basically indicated that he’s seen a number of our shows and thought that some people kind of took what we said out of context. He understood there were no ill intentions and understood our humor.”

By sheer coincidence, Sunday was Iranian Heritage day.

“I think it’s very fitting,” Lawler said. “He said he’s got a gift for us that the manager was going to bring to us later, just as a token of the good will that exists. So I couldn’t be more pleased. I’m glad to finally put it behind us.”

Last Monday, when he and Smith returned to the microphones, Lawler spoke at the top of the broadcast about how much the duo regretted the remarks and the firestorm it created.

“He’s totally aware,” Lawler said of Haddadi. “He had read the transcript, he had seen the video and was perfectly fine with it.”

Comment

It has been anounced, officially the worst start in NBA History belongs to the New Jersey Nets
        0-17.

The standings and stats of the current NBA season. Keep track of how your favorite teams are performing and who will make the playoffs.

Comment

Iverson has gone back to his hometown Philadelphia after the 76ers have resigned him for minimum salary.

He is playing his old team the Nuggets tonight @ 6pm
          the full story is on
          The official site of the National Basketball Association. Follow the action on NBA scores, schedules, stats, news, Team and Player news.

Comment

According to Forbes magazine, the San Antonio Spurs is the team of the decade.

Comment

Adelman rips league for ‘ridiculous’ schedule

HOUSTON (AP)—Houston Rockets coach Rick Adelman criticized the NBA on Monday for setting up an “utterly ridiculous” schedule for his team that includes four back-to-back games over the next two weeks.

The Rockets face Detroit at home on Tuesday, then must fly to Denver to play the first-place Nuggets on Wednesday. They visit Dallas on Friday and return home to face Oklahoma City on Saturday—then have to play two games on consecutive nights twice more during Christmas week.

“We have a horrendous stretch here,” Adelman said. “I don’t know if the league really understands that they gave us four straight back-to-backs. It’s awful.”

NBA spokesman Tim Frank said in an e-mail that the league had no comment on Adelman’s statements.

Houston plays the Los Angeles Clippers at home on Dec. 22 and Orlando on the road on Dec. 23, followed by road games against New Jersey (Dec. 26) and Cleveland (Dec. 27).

“It’s utterly ridiculous,” Adelman said. “But that’s the schedule we have, it’s just the way it is and we’re just going to have to respond to it.”

Adelman said the schedule gives his team little time to practice, and even less time to spend with their families for the holiday.

“Every team should have a chance where they’re home a little bit,” he said. “We have no chance. This is the most ridiculous schedule I’ve ever seen.”

The Rockets are 5-0 in the second games of back-to-backs this season, but 1-4 in the first games. They have 10 road games in December, but by the All-Star break, they will have played 26 road games and 25 at home.

Comment

Kings storm back from 35 down to beat Bulls 102-98

PrintCHICAGO (AP)—The buzzer sounded, the 35-point comeback was complete and both the ecstatic Sacramento Kings and the stunned Chicago Bulls had trouble describing what had just happened.

“Wow! All I can say is, ‘Wow!”’ Tyreke Evans said after dominating down the stretch and leading the Kings to a 102-98 victory Monday night. “We fought to the end. It was amazing.”

Indeed, it was one of the most amazing comebacks in NBA history.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, it was the biggest rally since Utah overcame a 36-point deficit to beat Denver on Nov. 27, 1996. The Jazz trailed 70-34 in the second quarter before winning 107-103.

AP - Dec 21, 9:41 pm EST 1 of 12 Sac-Chi Gallery “I mean, what can you say? It’s unheard of to do what just happened,” Kings coach Paul Westphal said. “I’m not even sure I believe it, but it sure was fun.”

The Bulls were talking about a collapse, not a comeback.

“This one stings,” Chicago coach Vinny Del Negro said. “We stopped being aggressive, got a little complacent there and they jumped on it. We’re not good enough to take a minute off, never mind a half.”

The Bulls led 79-44 with 8:50 left in the third quarter, and were still up 83-50 two minutes later before the Kings stole momentum and, eventually, the game.

After Sacramento finished the third with a 19-5 run to make it 88-69, Ime Udoka(notes) scored 15 of the Kings’ first 22 points in the fourth quarter to cut it to 95-91 with 2:28 remaining.

Evans, the outstanding rookie guard from Memphis, then personally outscored the Bulls 9-3 the rest of the way.

He converted a three-point play and, after Chicago’s Luol Deng(notes) made a free throw, scored on a drive and hit a foul shot to give the Kings their first lead since the opening minutes. Evans then hit a 22-footer at the shot-clock buzzer to put Sacramento up 99-96.

Derrick Rose(notes) made two free throws to cut it to 99-98 before Evans hit one of two foul shots. After Rose missed a layup, Beno Udrih(notes) clinched the win with two more free throws.

“I think we relaxed,” said Deng, who scored 26 points. “We were making mistakes defensively. We were just not aggressive and that carries over to offense. It’s frustrating.”

As the sellout crowd booed the Bulls off the court, Kings owner Gavin Maloof celebrated.

“If they didn’t know who Tyreke Evans was, they know him now,” he said. “It was magical.”

Evans followed Rose to Memphis, where each played only one year of college ball before turning pro. Rose was last season’s Rookie of the Year and Evans— one of just four NBA players averaging at least 20 points, five rebounds and five assists—is a front-runner for the award this season.

“I just kept attacking and never gave up,” Evans said.

The Bulls were almost perfect in the first quarter, shooting 71 percent, committing no turnovers, holding the Kings to 39 percent shooting and forcing seven giveaways. Chicago built a 67-43 lead by halftime and opened the second half with a 12-1 run that seemingly put the game away.

But as the Bulls gradually came unglued—they were only 2 for 10 from the floor and committed nine turnovers in the fourth quarter—Evans, Udoka and the Kings took control.

“This game was absolutely crazy,” ex-Bull Andres Nocioni(notes) said. “I’ve played in many games with national teams and many games in the NBA and I’ve never seen anything like that. I don’t know if we won the game or the Chicago Bulls lost the game.”

The despondent Del Negro knew.

“It was a matter of us not being smart at either end,” he said. “It’s frustrating. It’s difficult. But what are you going to do, put your head down and feel sorry for yourself? You’ve got to go play.”

NOTES: Rose finished with 24 points and seven assists. … Nocioni received a nice ovation when introduced before the game. Acquired from Chicago last February, he was one of the Bulls’ most popular players of the post-Michael Jordan years. “I’m fine with Sacramento,” he said, “but I miss Chicago a lot.” … Bulls F Tyrus Thomas(notes), who broke a bone in his left forearm on Nov. 6, returned to practice Sunday. Del Negro hopes Thomas will play Saturday against New Orleans. … Deng has averaged 23 points while playing the last four games with a small fracture in his left (non-shooting) thumb.

Comment

People are already predicting the Finals will be Lakers vs Celtics again, if that's so (which I hope it's not) I hope Boston takes it.

Comment

I am diehard Iverson fan, even since he entered NBA.
                    I thought he will be greater then jordan. Reebook started to overtake NIKE (too much famous because of jordan)..

But he failed, now I think LEBRON JAMES is that player. He is out of this world.

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
                      People are already predicting the Finals will be Lakers vs Celtics again, if that's so (which I hope it's not) I hope Boston takes it.
                      Cleveland easily beat the Lakers. They will be at the final mark my words.
                      Boston is not that good , because they are a very old team. They lack motivation, speed. Some of their players past their best.
                      Next year Boston will blow up their team like detroit pistons did last year.

Comment

Working...
                      X