Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Diaspora Armenians who returned to Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diaspora Armenians who returned to Armenia

Hello everyone,

My name is Christel and I work as an intern for a television production company in Belgium, which is called Telesaurus:

http://www.entertainmentgroup.be/ (de site is in Dutch, but al least you have an idea about the company)

At the moment, we are making a travel program. For this, we also visit Armenia in september. I am interested in people who are Armenian but are grown up in another country and then returned back to Armenia. I am interested in how they experienced being back in their homecountry, which difficulties were there etc?

Thanks in advance..

Christel

Re: Diaspora Armenians who returned to Armenia

Hi Christel, welcome to the forums !

I think there are only a couple of people here who actually live in Armenia right now and I'm one of them. I've spent most of my life abroad (ten years in India, five years in the US, etc.) and my family decided to come back home. We've been here for almost three years already. We've visited in the past and had many opportunities out there in different countries but we decided to permanently stay where we belong...

Altoghter, I've been in Armenia for about 6 to 7 years, counting all the visits, but I know almost flawless Armenian. My English is naturally better though since it was the first language I learned. I'm doing everything now to make my Armenian as good, if not better, then my English. I love my language and my country.

Regarding my experiences, I'd say it's been pretty smooth and exciting. Of course, when we first decided to settle down, we went through many problems during the first year but everything fell into place after that. Now, my family has a lot of opportunities here, live in Yerevan, there are many job opportunities, and wait for it ... we've bought over 4000 sq. meter's of land nearby in Yeghegnazdor and will be building a house a there. So it's all good !

Like I said, my family had many opportunities in different countries but we realized there is no better place then home. So we decided to come back, regardless of all the problems here. Every country has problems, that's not the question. It all comes down to heart. You have to pick a place closer to your heart and after years abroad, we realized our small nation was the closest to OUR hearts, regardless of what people might or do think. What matters is what YOU think and I think I couldn't live better anywhere else in the world and even if I could ... I'd still live in Armenia and I am PROUD to be an Armenian. It is a privelage and honor to be Armenian.

I know many people say Armenia has many issues and is this or that. I say, come and face them. If we all run away, nothing will change. I've been here for almost three years and to tell you the truth, I haven't lived more peacefully and happily in any other nation I've been to.

I'm not trying to hide the fact that our nation has problems and serious problems, don't get me wrong. Whenever someone says they want to come to Armenia, I tell them not to expect to see heaven because it isn't. It has it's various problems but which nation doesn't, Christel? Is that a good excuse?

Sometimes, I talk to people who ask me what it's like here and about my experiences, like you , and I will tell you what I tell them...

If you have the eye's of a fly, you will see all the bad and if you have the eye's of a bumblebee, you shall see all the good, regardless of where you go. It's easy to see the problems but it's pointless. Why? Because this world is a crazy, problematic place but the secret is to see beyond that ... beyond the garbage, beyond the politics, beyond the BS. The nectar lies within all that but it's easy to see. All you need to do is look with you heart and not forget to put on your bumblebee eye's . I have seen all that inside my nation and you know something? I found EXACTLY what I was looking for and I am more then happy to be back.

I don't know about anyone else Christel jan, but this is where I belong!

Good luck with your show/program. Hope I could help and if you need anything else, feel free to PM me.

Cheers
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Dear Sako,

Thanks very much for your very eleborate answer! I just discussed it with my colleagues and we all find your story very interesting for our travel program. Can you please sent me an e-mail with your phone number and other contact information so we can talk about your situation in more detail.

My email address: [email protected]

I would like to hear from you soon,

Kind regards,

Christel

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. I'll send you an email today Christel. Glad I could help !
        THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

The diaspora Armenians who return to Armenia are called Hyeadarts.

Comment

Working...
          X