Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Պարսկա-Eastern Armenian Language Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Պարսկա-Eastern Armenian Language Thread

Originally posted by federate View Post
    *Կը ձգէ սիրուի Սիկկիէն* We're trading «կոր» and «յալլահ» for «հերր» and «բաբամ ջան»

Not to be understated that she's surpassed me in the rate of learning a second dialect. Her wa is great
    ի՞նչ կ՝ըսես կոր լան: Շատ աղւոր Արեւելահայերէն կը խօսիս կոր:

Բայց ափսոս պարսկահայերի նման չես խօսում:
    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
      ի՞նչ կ՝ըսես կոր լան: Շատ աղւոր Արեւելահայերէն կը խօսիս կոր:

Բայց ափսոս պարսկահայերի նման չես խօսում:
      Այս ըսածդ պէտք է լսեմ քու բերանէդ Բաբուդ արե՜ւ։

Ամէն անգամ որ սխալ ընեմ, ինծի պէտք է պատժես որ սովորեմ ինչպես երգելով խօսալ։
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Այս ըսածդ պէտք է լսեմ քու բերանէդ Բաբուդ արե՜ւ։

Ամէն անգամ որ սխալ ընեմ, ինծի պէտք է պատժես որ սովորեմ ինչպես երգելով խօսալ։
        Մեռայ՜: «Բաբուդ արեւ»դ սիիիրե՜մ: Լաւ կը սորուիս կոր հոգիս:

Երգել պիտի սորուիս եւ ալ ժպտալով խօսիլ:

(Եւ ալ «տ» «կ» «պ» եւ «ճ» ըսել: )
        [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

Մեռայ՜: «Բաբուդ արեւ»դ սիիիրե՜մ: Լաւ կը սորուիս կոր հոգիս:

Երգել պիտի սորուիս եւ ալ ժպտալով խօսիլ:

(Եւ ալ «տ» «կ» «պ» եւ «ճ» ըսել: )
          Լաւ եմ սովորում որովհետեւ շատ լաւ (եւ խիստ ) ուսուցչուհի ունեմ *Կը ժպտայ Սիկկիի համար եւ երգելով կ'ըսէ նրա «նարդի խաղաաաա՞նք»*

Վաաաայ, կարո՜ղ եմ ըսել «տ» եւ «կ» բայց մաման չունեմ «պ»-ի եւ «ճ»-ի։

Comment

Լաւ եմ սովորում որովհետեւ շատ լաւ (եւ խիստ ) ուսուցչուհի ունեմ *Կը ժպտայ Սիկկիի համար եւ երգելով կ'ըսէ նրա «նարդի խաղաաաա՞նք»*

Վաաաայ, կարո՜ղ եմ ըսել «տ» եւ «կ» բայց մաման չունեմ «պ»-ի եւ «ճ»-ի։
            Մամէէէէէն պապէէէէէն լաւ ե՞ն: Այօ, եթանք նարդի խաղանք:

Ես ալ «օ»-ի եւ «ը»-ի մաման չունեմ [չէ որ խօսալուց բայց գրելուց]:

Comment

Մամէէէէէն պապէէէէէն լաւ ե՞ն: Այօ, եթանք նարդի խաղանք:

Ես ալ «օ»-ի եւ «ը»-ի մաման չունեմ [չէ որ խօսալուց բայց գրելուց]:

Perhaps Lucin knows the answer. Lucin jan, is there a way to differentiate between «ո» and «օ» in words? For example, besides learning it by heart, any way we could've deduced that the word «խօսք» is written with an «օ» and not an «ո»?

Another question. What are the suffixes of infinitif verbs in Eastern Armenian? In WA, it's -ել -իլ -ալ (example: վազել, ծիծաղիլ, խաղալ). Do EAs use all three of these suffixes?
              Last edited by Federate; 08-21-2009, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                Perhaps Lucin knows the answer. Lucin jan, is there a way to differentiate between «ո» and «օ» in words? For example, besides learning it by heart, any way we could've deduced that the word «խօսք» is written with an «օ» and not an «ո»?

Another question. What are the suffixes of infinitif verbs in Eastern Armenian? In WA, it's -ել -իլ -ալ (example: վազել, ծիծաղիլ, խաղալ). Do EAs use all three of these suffixes?
                I can't think of an -իլ verbs. I don't think we have any.

Comment

Լուսին ջա՜ն: Չեմ ուզում ճիշտ խօսամ բաբամ ջան:

I can do it the right way when I speak WA, but I just can't speak naturally and still make these changes. It will make it super awkward for me.
                  Vaaay mi asa, I know what you mean. You know the problem is that you sound awkward to yourself for a while, that fades away as time goes by but the bigger problem if you interact constantly with average Parskahais is that most of the time you come off as a 'pedant' I have experienced it first hand, lol.

My WA half tells me they do this substitution too. Interesting no? It's better knowing it's not just a barsgahye thing.
                  This is interesting! Are you sure Fed, it is grammatically correct in WA?

It makes sense that we'd stop saying that last l... even when you say it it's barely detectable and trails off. This seems an easy correction to make when going from speaking to writing though.
                  Yea, but you know the problem with Parskahais (including myself) is that they drop the final 'l' and then put the emphasis on the 'e', like 'ches greeee', lol.

Wow! I have never heard this one Lucin!
                  Siggie don't tell me you were saying 'kint'

Take a deep breath and read the rules. Some may find it annoying, since it's a bit extensive but personally, I've gotten used to it and it has helped me a great deal. I hope I haven't missed anything, here you go:

- In the beginning of the word pronounced as [Օ] it is being written Օ. ex. օր, օրինակ, օրակարգ, օդանաւ... (exception: ով, ովքեր, ովկիանուս, եւ այլն.)

- In the beginning of the word when heard [Ո] it is being written just as pronounced Ո. ex. ոտք, որակ, որոշում... (exception: վոհմակ..) There should be another one I can't remember.

- In the middle, in most cases, when [Օ] is heard, we write 'Ո'. (there is no particular rule here). 'O' in the middle of the word is rare (like խօսք, ամօթ, կարօտ եւ այլն.)

- At the end, in an overwhelming majority of the words, when 'o' is heard, we write 'ոյ', as in երեկոյ, յետոյ եւ այլն. For proper names both 'Օ' and 'ոյ' are possible. ex. Մարոյ /Մարօ, Կարոյ/ Կարօ.

- While making compound nouns, 'Օ' and 'Ո' remain unchanged naturally. ex. Որակ/ անորակ (anorak*), օր/ այսօր

* Note that the pronounciation changed (in case you didn't know )

Like Siggie said, we have no -իլ. Where do you put -իլ? Is there a rule?
                  Last edited by Lucin; 08-23-2009, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
                    Vaaay mi asa, I know what you mean. You know the problem is that you sound awkward to yourself for a while, that fades away as time goes by but the bigger problem if you interact constantly with average Parskahais is that most of the time you come off as a 'pedant' I have experienced it first hand, lol.
                    Yes, there's this too!

Yea, but you know the problem with Parskahais (including myself) is that they drop the final 'l' and then put the emphasis on the 'e', like 'ches greeee', lol.
                    You mean extending the same sound right? Not saying գրիիիիի because that's just gyoughatsi.

Siggie don't tell me you were saying 'kint'
                    Never. I meant that I've never heard anyone say kint.

Take a deep breath and read the rules. Some may find it annoying, since it's a bit extensive but personally, I've gotten used to it and it has helped me a great deal. I hope I haven't missed anything, here you go:

- In the beginning of the word pronounced as [Օ] it is being written Օ. ex. օր, օրինակ, օրակարգ, օդանաւ... (exception: ով, ովքեր, ովկիանուս, եւ այլն.)

- In the beginning of the word when heard [Ո] it is being written just as pronounced Ո. ex. ոտք, որակ, որոշում... (exception: վոհմակ..) There should be another one I can't remember.

- In the middle, in most cases, when [Օ] is heard, we write 'Ո'. (there is no particular rule here). 'O' in the middle of the word is rare (like խօսք, ամօթ, կարօտ եւ այլն.)

- At the end, in an overwhelming majority of the words, when 'o' is heard, we write 'ոյ', as in երեկոյ, յետոյ եւ այլն. For proper names both 'Օ' and 'ոյ' are possible. ex. Մարոյ /Մարօ, Կարոյ/ Կարօ.

- While making compound nouns, 'Օ' and 'Ո' remain unchanged naturally. ex. Որակ/ անորակ (anorak*), օր/ այսօր

Wow Lucin. Nice summary.
                    He meant about in the middle of the word (where from your summary there appears not to be a rule), but this is a great summary to have in the thread. Merci!

Comment

This is interesting! Are you sure Fed, it is grammatically correct in WA?
                      Yeah. It's not a substitution for us. It's the correct way of talking in the past.

Ես տեսեր եմ
                      Դուն տեսեր ես
                      Ան տեսեր է
                      Մենք տեսեր ենք
                      Դուք տեսեր էք
                      Անոնք տեսեր են

Thank you for these rules Lucin jan. As Siggie said, I was just asking for the rule in the middle of a word but it seems like there is no specific rule so it is more about memorising.

Like Siggie said, we have no -իլ. Where do you put -իլ? Is there a rule?
                      The -իլ is used as a suffix in infinitif verbs, similar to -ել -ալ. Is there a rule? I am not sure about this but if I had to guess, it goes on verbes d'état as the French would call it. For example, ծնիլ and մեռնիլ (to be born, to die).

Comment

Working...
                      X