I would sighn under it.... I think it is time!Russia’s Javahk Diaspora demands autonomous region status for Samtskhe-Javakheti
28.02.2010 17:04 GMT+04:00
/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Russia’s Javahk Diaspora addressed a petition to Armenian and Georgian authorities, as well as independent international democratic structures.
In the petition issued, Russia’s Javahk Diaspora calls on Armenian and Georgian authorities, as well as independent international democratic structures to take urgent measures against discriminatory, anti-Armenian policy of Georgian authorities in Javahk.
Javahk Diaspora representatives urge for:
1. Immediate reconsideration of Samtskhe-Javakheti region’s administrative territorial division, with subsequent inclusion of Tsalka municipality.
2. Introduction of amendments to Georgian Constitution, stipulating for granting the status of autonomous region to Samtskhe-Javakheti, renaming it as Javahk autonomous region.
3. Provision of regional language status for the Armenian language and cessation of forced assimilation.
4. Legal status provision to Armenian Apostolic Church in Georgia and return of secularized Armenian churches, relics and historic monuments.
5. Immediate cessation of police persecutions in Samtskhe-Javakheti-Tsalka region, termination of criminal prosecutions against Armenian activists.
6. Cessation of policy, forbidding transfer of Armenian textbooks and literature through frontier checkpoint.
7. Restoration of Armenian toponyms in Samtskhe-Javakheti-Tsalka region and Georgia.
In conclusion, statement called on social and political forces, as well as society representatives in Armenia and Diaspora to unite for protection Javahk Armenians’ rights and interests.