Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Birth rate in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Birth rate in armenia

3,000 children to be born in the NKR

Nearly 3,000 children will be born in the NKR this year. Last October, businessman Levon Hayrapetyan organized a the world's largest wedding in the NKR and there were 700 weddings in one day. The unprecedented birth rate is a result of those weddings, In general, 2,500 children have been born in the NKR since the end of the war.

Minister of Economic Development of the NKR Benik Babayan told "A1+" that the NKR is currently developing proportionately and in all directions. "The fact that the NKR is not recognized by the international community slows down the rate of development, but it can't play a decisive role. We are not able to work with international organizations or receive grants. I don't want to concentrate on that too much because both the government and the people are trying to overcome the difficulties," said Mr. Babayan.

According to the Minister, the prevailing directions of the NKR economy are industry, construction and agriculture. " Industry and construction have grown by 20-25 percent, while agriculture has grown by 10%." According to today's data, over 44,000 people are employed. "In the past 5 years, over 15,000 workplaces have been created in the NKR and the average salary is 88,000 drams," said the Minister.

The unemployment rate is 5-6% and the Minister considers this to be a rather low rate and the result of the work completed in the past two years.

The Minister also mentioned that in the past couple of years, there has been a growth of population, but the Minister didn't consider it necessary to mention any figures.

A1+ The most urgent and objective information from Armenia. News, videos, live streams/ online/. Politics, Social, Culture, Sports,interviews, everything in a website
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Wonderful news Fed!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
        3,000 children to be born in the NKR

Nearly 3,000 children will be born in the NKR this year. Last October, businessman Levon Hayrapetyan organized a the world's largest wedding in the NKR and there were 700 weddings in one day. The unprecedented birth rate is a result of those weddings, In general, 2,500 children have been born in the NKR since the end of the war.

Minister of Economic Development of the NKR Benik Babayan told "A1+" that the NKR is currently developing proportionately and in all directions. "The fact that the NKR is not recognized by the international community slows down the rate of development, but it can't play a decisive role. We are not able to work with international organizations or receive grants. I don't want to concentrate on that too much because both the government and the people are trying to overcome the difficulties," said Mr. Babayan.

According to the Minister, the prevailing directions of the NKR economy are industry, construction and agriculture. " Industry and construction have grown by 20-25 percent, while agriculture has grown by 10%." According to today's data, over 44,000 people are employed. "In the past 5 years, over 15,000 workplaces have been created in the NKR and the average salary is 88,000 drams," said the Minister.

The unemployment rate is 5-6% and the Minister considers this to be a rather low rate and the result of the work completed in the past two years.

The Minister also mentioned that in the past couple of years, there has been a growth of population, but the Minister didn't consider it necessary to mention any figures.

http://www.a1plus.am/en/politics/200.../benik-babayan

We need more white wedding days like that! Im gona get Billy Idol to play for the next one lol.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

If Mao were alive, he might suggest to send thousands of Chinese girls to the area to raise the birth rates.. No joking, that was exactly what he did to USA, however got rejected.. haha Chinese cultural revolution

Comment

i get this yesterday
            40% of 20-25 years old people in armenia migrate to united states and canada(the source didnt counted other countrys!)
            this is bad very bad
            20-25 is most needed for a country
            and actually 5% of diaspora usually back to armenia(im one of them )
            so we are losing 35% of our citizens by time passing

Comment

The low birth rates can be seen across the former Soviet Union and most of Europe. The easiest explanation would be that it is limited by the lack of potential economic growth. The only solution would be rapid development that would offer more opportunities for the youth, which would also encourage them to have bigger families. This is probably not a good explanation however, if using Russia as an example. Unless of course one uses the argument that wealth distribution in Russia is hardly fair, thus nullifying any benefits economic growth may have on population growth rates.

Comment

Then why is it still low in Europe? Its all about responsibility and family values.

Comment

the sad truth is no countries birth rates are ever where they should be at, the wealthier nations that have families that could afford 3-5 kids, in general only have 1-2.5 kids per couple, the poorer nations who can barely afford 1 kid have 4-10 kids.

Birth rates don't need to rise to much in Armenia until everything is developed to it's potential, otherwise these kids will just grow up to migrate to another country

Comment

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
                    the sad truth is no countries birth rates are ever where they should be at, the wealthier nations that have families that could afford 3-5 kids, in general only have 1-2.5 kids per couple, the poorer nations who can barely afford 1 kid have 4-10 kids.

Birth rates don't need to rise to much in Armenia until everything is developed to it's potential, otherwise these kids will just grow up to migrate to another country
                    I agree, keeping people there is the bigger problem for now. The low birth rates are a result of economics-not family values. Families where the woman works will have less kids and the more money a family makes the less kids they produce. Once a poor nation gets wealthier it produces less kids. Armenia may not be the wealthiest of nations but it is not poor either.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Parskahay View Post
                      john it seems you really hate iran as you mentioned in the topic "do we like iran"
                      cause armenia is getting the most economic support from iran at the moment
                      especially fuel support like gas
                      armenia dont need to get gas from russia which is not neighbor with it and it costs more to get gas from russia
                      georgia is also a poor country so since armenians hate turks the only border which is open to us and we get plenty of support is iran
                      and one more thing
                      there are 450.000 armenians in iran and they have their OWN leaders which president discuss things with them not only armenians but all other foreign nations in iran have their own leaders
                      as i mentioned before in this topic the birth rate of armenian people in iran is high which is good
                      Well the fact of the matter is that I regard Armenia to be an extremely poor country because of its awfully low per capita, Armenia's poverty rate is very high and its development since the fall of the Soviet Union has been very slow coupled with political instability and frequent human rights issues as recorded in the recent political riots. Armenia fails to attract the necessary Foreign Investment that will allow Armenia to slowly increase its living standards, another thing to add is that Armenia has little natural resources and has two major important markets closed off - Turkey and Azerbaijan.

I know exactly what "extremely poor country means" my mom used to work for the World Bank and IMF for some years I have heard some interesting stories off my moms experiences in the World Bank and IMF years of her career. My colleagues from school days who I went to class with who were top Economic students and they learnt a wide range of economic issues such as the fall of the Soviet Union and its consequences for each Soviet Republic.

I would have to disagree with Armenia's infrastructure being better then some of its neighbours, some parts of Turkey have excellent infrastructure similar to what I would see in Vancouver. I am not sure about Iran as I have not been there but probably their infrastructure would be collapsing under the wide range of UN Security Council lead Sanctions followed on by extended Sanctions implemented by the EU and US.

I am not giving Armenia a poor image I am stating the facts, I am not criticizing at all, I never would criticize Armenia I have no facts to do that on, I never would criticize Armenia anyway.

You cannot take my opinions well you will have to either listen to them or ignore them.

France has much higher birth rate then Armenia, France has the highest birth rate in the EU I believe.

Yes Armenia would have a higher birth rate then Moldova for obvious reasons that do not need explaining.

Armenia does have very very poor infrastructure. I hear from Armenians in Canada how they complain about the lack of infrastructure and lack of opportunities in Armenia. I don't need to read it, I hear it from Armenians themselves who were born there. I am not suprised that Armenia has one of the biggest diasporas in the world and it continues to grow.

Armenia needs its young population to help it develop but that is not the case.

Canadians in Armenia consider themselves as Canadians and not Armenians. They tell me this every time they talk about Armenia.

Here's the IMF Estimates to show you why I believe that Armenia is an extremely poor country:

Armenia: $2,658.053

Canada: $48,427.283

Source #1: Armenia IMF Estimates: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/...DPDPC&grp=0&a=

Source # 2 - Canada IMF Estimates: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/...DPDPC&grp=0&a=

The one of the reasons why Canada's GDP and Per Capita rises fast is because of its natural resources (a little bit more than Australia and with Romania's natural resources just similar to Australia's with Australia having more Uranium and Romania's natural resources a bit less than Canada's. With Romania recently winning 80% of Serpent Island off former Soviet Republic Ukraine and with Serpent Island hugely vast natural resources that is now officially Romania's states the ICJ will certainly push Romania's natural resources level closer to the levels of Canada). Other reasons include that Canada's economy has never collapsed, Canada has a lot of Foreign Investment and other economic reasons.
                      Last edited by JohnCanadian; 10-17-2009, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X