• porno
  • jigolo sitesi

  • Armenian Singles
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Results 16 to 30 of 71

    Thread: Education Jobs

    1. #16
      Registered User
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Posts
      1,027

      Re: Education Jobs

      Quote Originally Posted by Haykakan View Post
      Thus far the challange in teaching these classes has been the wide range in the learning abilities of my students. Some get it after i explain it once while others need 10 more explanations plus help plus extra time...
      You just need to keep up with the pace of the average student in your class. Repeating more than that and wasting too much time on them makes the class boring and less fruitful for the rest. I was doing that too when I had just started and I was coming home too tired and voiceless.

      Quote Originally Posted by Siggie View Post
      I've had students try to bully me about grades...
      It's true and I don't know why they try to do it with women more often than not.

    2. #17
      Anarchist KanadaHye's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Location
      Kanada
      Posts
      5,667

      Re: Education Jobs

      Quote Originally Posted by Lucin View Post

      It's true and I don't know why they try to do it with women more often than not.
      I used to bully most of my professors about grades and they were all male. I never had issues with female teachers, I was always their teacher's pet
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

    3. #18
      Registered User Haykakan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Posts
      6,028

      Re: Education Jobs

      I was lecturing today then we took a break. During the break i was approached by a student who told me that she was going to drop the class. I asked why and she said she didn't understand the material the way i was teaching it. I looked at her grades and she had a B+ in the class so i was like you seem to be doing well and have done all this work already so why drop now? She couldnt give me a good answer but droped anyways. Her husband is in the same class and has a bit lower grades but he stayed in. It is a puzzle indeed how the human mind works (or doesnt) sometimes.
      I was hoping to see some students and teachers dressed up for halloween but was disapointed. I guess people are not in a festive mood this year and i can understand why.
      Hayastan or Bust.

    4. #19
      Anarchist KanadaHye's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Location
      Kanada
      Posts
      5,667

      Re: Education Jobs

      Quote Originally Posted by Haykakan View Post
      I was lecturing today then we took a break. During the break i was approached by a student who told me that she was going to drop the class. I asked why and she said she didn't understand the material the way i was teaching it. I looked at her grades and she had a B+ in the class so i was like you seem to be doing well and have done all this work already so why drop now? She couldnt give me a good answer but droped anyways. Her husband is in the same class and has a bit lower grades but he stayed in. It is a puzzle indeed how the human mind works (or doesnt) sometimes.
      I was hoping to see some students and teachers dressed up for halloween but was disapointed. I guess people are not in a festive mood this year and i can understand why.
      I tutored math in highschool ..... and the girls that I would tutor would know the material, be able to answer all the questions that I threw at them but some how still failed on tests. I came to realize that it just wasn't cool for them to be smart. Ah well, they were cute and popular... no need for brains I guess eh?
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

    5. #20
      Banned One-Way's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Posts
      7,518

      Re: Education Jobs

      You know, I had a couple questions but I don't have the time to make threads like I used to and really delve into it. I'm three years away from getting my BA. I was just wondering about teaching high school, because I am mildly interested in teaching. I'm just thinking about the possbilities right now, but can I do so with a BA or do I need some extra teacher certificate?

      I'm looking to teach film/media classes, which is either the study of film (history) or production courses. So it's not your basic English degree, teaching English in high school. Do I need additional teaching classes or do I have to pass a test to be certified to teach? I'm wondering about both private/public schools in Los Angeles.

      Also, how does it pay? I haven't really looked into it yet -- as I said, I was just thinking about this as a possibility. I'm sure it differs with what you teach, how many degrees you have, years of experience, etc. How much would I expect to make, let's say coming straight of university -- USC, School of Cinematic Arts, with no real experience. I hear it's low but how low are we talking?

    6. #21
      Registered User
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      Yerevan, Armenia
      Posts
      982

      Re: Education Jobs

      Quote Originally Posted by One-Way View Post
      You know, I had a couple questions but I don't have the time to make threads like I used to and really delve into it. I'm three years away from getting my BA. I was just wondering about teaching high school, because I am mildly interested in teaching. I'm just thinking about the possbilities right now, but can I do so with a BA or do I need some extra teacher certificate?

      I'm looking to teach film/media classes, which is either the study of film (history) or production courses. So it's not your basic English degree, teaching English in high school. Do I need additional teaching classes or do I have to pass a test to be certified to teach? I'm wondering about both private/public schools in Los Angeles.

      Also, how does it pay? I haven't really looked into it yet -- as I said, I was just thinking about this as a possibility. I'm sure it differs with what you teach, how many degrees you have, years of experience, etc. How much would I expect to make, let's say coming straight of university -- USC, School of Cinematic Arts, with no real experience. I hear it's low but how low are we talking?
      I’m a former mathematics teacher, programmer and MBA. Now I’m a tutor of math, GRE, GMAT and computer operating courses. I’ve about 35 experience in it; in past I was doing it after work, sometimes free of charge, in order to gain experience, becoming familiar in the area in my neighborhood and being able to do it professionally: when I would be on pension. Now I’m doing it and it’s in fact a leisure time for me. In order to become a tutor one needs to be very interested in his/her major and must: conceive, think about, all possible questions the students might ask and being diligent enough to learn them in advance. If you are strong enough to take time and learn most of the possible questions the students may ask: you’ll become a great tutor.

      Good luck!
      Last edited by gegev; 11-09-2009 at 07:06 AM.

    7. #22
      Registered User Haykakan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Posts
      6,028

      Re: Education Jobs

      Quote Originally Posted by One-Way View Post
      You know, I had a couple questions but I don't have the time to make threads like I used to and really delve into it. I'm three years away from getting my BA. I was just wondering about teaching high school, because I am mildly interested in teaching. I'm just thinking about the possbilities right now, but can I do so with a BA or do I need some extra teacher certificate?

      I'm looking to teach film/media classes, which is either the study of film (history) or production courses. So it's not your basic English degree, teaching English in high school. Do I need additional teaching classes or do I have to pass a test to be certified to teach? I'm wondering about both private/public schools in Los Angeles.

      Also, how does it pay? I haven't really looked into it yet -- as I said, I was just thinking about this as a possibility. I'm sure it differs with what you teach, how many degrees you have, years of experience, etc. How much would I expect to make, let's say coming straight of university -- USC, School of Cinematic Arts, with no real experience. I hear it's low but how low are we talking?
      I am pretty sure you need a degree in education if you wanna teach high school but i am not sure if different states have different rules.
      Hayastan or Bust.

    8. #23
      Registered User Haykakan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Posts
      6,028

      Re: Education Jobs

      Well the time of truth is at hand. I get my first evaluation done on friday. There is gona be a faculty member in my class to evaluate me and the students get to fill out their own evaluations of me. Kinda makes me nervous but this was my first time teaching a subject i havent touched in 20 years so i am not gona be too hard on myself yet.
      Hayastan or Bust.

    9. #24
      Banned One-Way's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Posts
      7,518

      Re: Education Jobs

      Quote Originally Posted by Haykakan View Post
      I am pretty sure you need a degree in education if you wanna teach high school but i am not sure if different states have different rules.
      I don't think so. I think you need to pass a test, just so see if you're capable of teaching. I'm almost certain you don't need a separate degree in education, just a Bachelor of Arts in a related subject matter.

    10. #25
      Registered User
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Silver Spring, Maryland
      Posts
      1,038

      Re: Education Jobs

      I am going to start a BA in philosophy and political science next year (as I really enjoy it), as I have tried business courses, religious studies and so forth and just been bored with it. Maybe one day I could visit Armenia and lecture (if I become good at it)...though I guess that would mean I would have to learn a little Armenian. But I am 20, so I have plenty of time left to get a BA and learn Armenian (and I am thinking also Chinese).

    11. #26
      Registered User Haykakan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Posts
      6,028

      Re: Education Jobs

      Teaching got way funner when i started teaching microeconomics a year ago. The students are much more capable then the ones i had in developmental math and the subject matter really frees me up and allowes me to use all kinds of resources. Here are some interesting videos i have used in class
      Romney vs Detroit http://www.democracynow.org/2012/10/...ailout_bonanza
      NDAA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ27t...feature=relmfu
      Fox news http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa1G3...eature=related
      Monopoly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU-ep...EBFCBE888C8E67
      Hayastan or Bust.

    12. #27
      RAmen Siggie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2004
      Posts
      5,556

      Re: Education Jobs

      Quote Originally Posted by Haykakan View Post
      Teaching got way funner when i started teaching microeconomics a year ago. The students are much more capable then the ones i had in developmental math and the subject matter ...
      Happens when all of those other students are filtered out by prerequisites. Developmental sequences are a nightmare. Where you teaching the developmental math at a junior college or a 4-year?
      “If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford

    13. #28
      Registered User Haykakan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Posts
      6,028

      Re: Education Jobs

      Its a private college with campuses nationwide it offers both 4 year and 2 year degrees. They have a good online program too which i may look into teaching as well. Developmental math was very challanging to teach - i had a older guy who was either hi or drunk or both when he showed up. He failed everything but was always so happy. Economics allowes me to be much more creative in the classroom then i could be with math. I am hoping to teach other econ courses since i like this one.
      Quote Originally Posted by Siggie View Post
      Happens when all of those other students are filtered out by prerequisites. Developmental sequences are a nightmare. Where you teaching the developmental math at a junior college or a 4-year?
      Hayastan or Bust.

    14. #29
      RAmen Siggie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2004
      Posts
      5,556

      Re: Education Jobs

      Quote Originally Posted by Haykakan View Post
      Its a private college with campuses nationwide it offers both 4 year and 2 year degrees. They have a good online program too which i may look into teaching as well. Developmental math was very challanging to teach - i had a older guy who was either hi or drunk or both when he showed up. He failed everything but was always so happy. Economics allowes me to be much more creative in the classroom then i could be with math. I am hoping to teach other econ courses since i like this one.
      Not one of these pay-for-degree type schools like International American University, University of Sedona, etc. I doubt they'd be offering microecon though.

      Yeah, it's nice to be able to teach the higher-level stuff that we find more interesting.
      “If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford

    15. #30
      Սասունցի Mos's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Posts
      4,063

      Re: Education Jobs

      Quote Originally Posted by hipeter924 View Post
      I am going to start a BA in philosophy and political science next year (as I really enjoy it), as I have tried business courses, religious studies and so forth and just been bored with it. Maybe one day I could visit Armenia and lecture (if I become good at it)...though I guess that would mean I would have to learn a little Armenian. But I am 20, so I have plenty of time left to get a BA and learn Armenian (and I am thinking also Chinese).
      I might be a bit biased, but university degrees in subjects such as Philosophy and Political Science are often worthless. Most of the time in such majors, you are...(jur es cecum eli)...it's very subjective and not really a defined science. In my view, much better to get a degree in a technical/scientific field. Such fields are more pure in terms of their theory and gives you a much more useful skill set. And why would you want to learn Armenian ? Unless, you're Armenian, there's no use in knowing it, especially living in New Zealand...
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. A Free-Market Perspective
      By Anonymouse in forum Intellectual Lounge
      Replies: 80
      Last Post: 06-08-2009, 05:13 AM
    2. 20 Jobs at $20/hour
      By KanadaHye in forum Career and Education
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 04-30-2009, 02:09 PM
    3. The Genocide Education Project
      By Gavur in forum Armenian Genocide News
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 04-28-2009, 10:47 PM
    4. Proof of Educational Dumbing Down.
      By Anonymouse in forum General Talk
      Replies: 36
      Last Post: 12-01-2004, 12:05 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •