Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turkish-Armenian signing delayed; Clinton departs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turkish-Armenian signing delayed; Clinton departs

Anyone know when Szerh's time as president will be done?

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
      He was forced, there are better ways to force leaders of small countries to do things the great powers want than weapons. How long can we hold out without the help of any of the great powers. Whole of Armenia was on the line if we didn't play the game like they wanted we could have lost everything we had.
      Originally posted by gegev View Post
      He could resign leaving the superpowers waiting for the next presidential election. And they couldn't do anything.
      Yeah. As for losing everything we had, Russia and Iran would still sell us goods, and the diaspora would still send money, and the world bank would still give annual aid. It's not like they would just say "BAD ARMENIA YOU DIDN'T SIGN, SO BE TAKEN OVER BY TURKEY NOW"

Originally posted by Icy View Post
      Anyone know when Szerh's time as president will be done?
      officially or unofficially ?

Comment

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
        Yeah. As for losing everything we had, Russia and Iran would still sell us goods, and the diaspora would still send money, and the world bank would still give annual aid. It's not like they would just say "BAD ARMENIA YOU DIDN'T SIGN, SO BE TAKEN OVER BY TURKEY NOW"
        Do you really think politics work like that every thing done has a consequence bad or good. We go against the world powers and we would be crushed so soon that it would not be funny. Those powers would start supporting our enemies and helping them to destroy us.

Comment

KarotheGreat yes let's listen to idiots like you you are so right, let's destroy our nation even more.
          Can you be more specific? I can't understand what you are trying to say. Did I ever say anything about destroyig our nation? -NOOO

Your Dear President Serje,however, did a great job of causing great damange to the nation in march of last year.

And the reason why our country doesn't get anywhere is because idiots like you always try to justify their mistakes instead of coming out and admitting their mistake like a man, and admit they were wrong, and try not to make similar mistakes in the future.

It's not you who will suffer it will be my family doing the suffering.
          Serje will not suffer either, nor will his unibrowed gangster brother who has a 12 million dollar palace in California. Where did this former bus driver make such money?

If we listen to you we must go against the US, Eu and Russia;
          No, Armenia has always been for the establishment of neighborly relations with Turkey WITHOUT preconditions; Armenia should have stuck to that policy.

Under serje, Armenia put the genocide under question, gave up any claims to our western armenia, and endagered the security of karabakh.

yes let's do that, let's destroy Armenia that will be fun
          this before you speak.

You don't even understand what we can gain from this
          gain from what?

you only see what your enemy let's you see.

?????

It's people like you who keep Armenia weak.
          Specifically, how so? And specifically, what do you mean by "people like you." Which characteristics of mine, exactly?

Comment

He was forced, there are better ways to force leaders of small countries to do things the great powers want than weapons.
            Listen, first off, youre a kid so don't pretend to be some knowledgeable professor of political science.

Secondly, you can't force anyone to do anything; THE DIGNIFIED THING FOR HIM TO HAVE DONE WAS TO RESIGN; HOWEVER, HOLDING ONTO HIS POLITICAL SEAT WAS MORE IMPORTANT FOR HIM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakh View Post

Can you be more specific? I can't understand what you are trying to say. Did I ever say anything about destroyig our nation? -NOOO

Your Dear President Serje,however, did a great job of causing great damange to the nation in march of last year.

And the reason why our country doesn't get anywhere is because idiots like you always try to justify their mistakes instead of coming out and admitting their mistake like a man, and admit they were wrong, and try not to make similar mistakes in the future.

Serje will not suffer either, nor will his unibrowed gangster brother who has a 12 million dollar palace in California. Where did this former bus driver make such money?

No, Armenia has always been for the establishment of neighborly relations with Turkey WITHOUT preconditions; Armenia should have stuck to that policy.

Under serje, Armenia put the genocide under question, gave up any claims to our western armenia, and endagered the security of karabakh.

this before you speak.

gain from what?

?????

Specifically, how so? And specifically, what do you mean by "people like you." Which characteristics of mine, exactly?
              let me explain everything

All the great powers of this planet want the border to be open. The US, EU and Russia all three of them want that. We as a weak nation small nation can not do anything about it. I don't like the fact that the border is going to open. I'm been against opening the border from day one. But I see that we are out of our league here.
              Do you think Turkey likes opening the border? Look at the news today, the railway they were building is going to be stopped, the gas prices go up for them. They get their gas and oil for the turks to our east.
              Now we need to work together and take over the two countries and it can be done. The money is there we just need to get organized and after a while we can use the profit to build our country even stronger.

Listen, first off, youre a kid so don't pretend to be some knowledgeable professor of political science.

Secondly, you can't force anyone to do anything; THE DIGNIFIED THING FOR HIM TO HAVE DONE WAS TO RESIGN; HOWEVER, HOLDING ONTO HIS POLITICAL SEAT WAS MORE IMPORTANT FOR HIM.
              I'm a 19 year old economy student,

and if he resigned the next president would have been forced to sign it. You can force someone it's not that hard. And look who's doing the forcing the great powers of our times (Russia, US and Eu) What do you suggest to do against them.
              Last edited by KarotheGreat; 10-10-2009, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I'm a 19 year old economy student,

and if he resigned the next president would have been forced to sign it. You can force someone it's not that hard. And look who's doing the forcing the great powers of our times (Russia, US and Eu) What do you suggest to do against them.
                Economy or economics? You must be on the dean's list!!

You're continuing being STUPID; why don't you either shut up, or come out and condemn the actions of this traitor.

Secondly, why weren't you speaking of the "great powers" when Levon Ter Pedrossian undertook certain actions?

Serje is a stupid idiot just like you; even after the whole world spit in his face, including US senators and the former ambassador to armenia, he still justifies his actions.
                Last edited by Artsakh; 10-10-2009, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Economy or economics? You must be on the dean's list!!

You're continuing being STUPID; why don't you either shut up, or come out and condemn the actions of this traitor.

Secondly, why weren't you speaking of the "great powers" when Levon Ter Pedrossian understook certain actions?
                  right I remember you are a levonakan, and what were the great powers trying to do back in the 90 when whole of the Caucasus was a battlefield. Do you think someone was helping him giving away land that was in our hands?

Comment

right I remember you are a levonakan, and what were the great powers trying to do back in the 90 when whole of the Caucasus was a battlefield. Do you think someone was helping him giving away land that was in our hands?
                    what the F&^* are you blabbing about?????

and no I'm not a levonakan, but I had the foresight of picking the lesser of two evils, and i was dead right!!!!!

Under levon the turks several times demanded armenia recognize turkey's borders, but levon never did. and there was no absence of "great powers" during levons time either!!
                    Last edited by Artsakh; 10-10-2009, 12:41 PM.

Comment

what the F&^* are you blabbing about?????

and no I'm not a levonakan, but I had the foresight of picking the lesser of two evils, and i was dead right!!!!!

Under levon the turks several times demanded armenia recognize turkey's borders, but levon never did. and there was no absence of "great powers" during levons time either!!
                      It wouldn't have mattered if it was someone else as president, the world leaders had decided. That's all there is to it, nothing more nothing less. Back in the 90's they didn't really care about the Caucasus like they do now. The faster you will accept this, the better it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X