Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Christianity Q&A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christianity Q&A

Christianity Q&A, ask away and i shall answer. I can Answer alot about Judaism and some about Islam too, but my forte is Christianity.

*No stupid questions by the way

(and yes stupid questions do exist)

Re: Christianity Q&A

Christianity: Why did God want to live among humans? I mean, he is 'GOD'. Jesus was probably a mere prophet or someone wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Army View Post
      Christianity: Why did God want to live among humans? I mean, he is 'GOD'. Jesus was probably a mere prophet or someone wise.
      He didn't just want to live among humans, but die for humans on the cross to pay for all their sins since Adam ate the forbidden fruit. Thus, Jesus spared mankind from their unbearable separation from God's compassionate will by enduring a death that was so intense that it equated the price humans had to pay during the Great Flood during Noah's time for disobeying God's will.

Jesus also lived for 33 years to become the Messiah of God's people so that he could teach them how to live in accordance to God's will, and to give them a path to heaven by worshipping him as the Son of God (the means God sent to man on Earth by which they can find redemption).

Feel free to ask more questions.

Comment

I've read there was no indication that Jesus actually thought or claimed he was God during is life (assuming he existed of course).
        [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
        -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

If accepting Jesus as your lord and savior is the only way to "god's kingdom"/heaven, what happened to the human population that died before Jesus, or to those people who have never even heard of Jesus/never had a chance to accept him?

Comment

Dante says they will forever remain in the first circle of Hell called 'Limbo'.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Sixth Circle (Heresy)

Heretics are trapped in flaming tombs, symbols of their doubting a life after death.[citation needed] Dante holds discourse with a pair of Florentines in one of the tombs: Farinata degli Uberti, a Ghibelline; and Cavalcante de' Cavalcanti, a Guelph who was the father of Dante's friend and fellow poet Guido Cavalcanti (Cantos X and XI). The followers of Epicurus are also located here (Canto X).
              I don't believe in that, but I still find it funny that people say this is hell even though this is just been made up by literature and has no grounds even in the bible. I think its more complex than just an article on wikipedia, at which point and which author does it become a fantasy and not the hell of the bible?

Comment

IS JESUS GOD..?

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
                I've read there was no indication that Jesus actually thought or claimed he was God during is life (assuming he existed of course).
                While the prophecies from what I gather do not specificly mention that Jesus would be something more than just a Messiah, such as God incarnate, there are many verses where Jesus claims to be.

In John 8:57-59 (King James Version)

57 Then said the xxxs unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

John 12:44-46 (New King James Version)

44 Then Jesus cried out and said, “He who believes in Me, believes not in Me, but in Him who sent Me. 45 And he who sees Me, sees Him who sent Me. 46 I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness.

John 13:12-14 (King James Version)

12So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?

13Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.

14If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

John 14:6-9 (King James Version)

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

8Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PEOPLE THAT DIED BEFORE JESUS CAME?

*First off, Heaven and Hell are not black and white. There are those who believe that their are levels, (so say a person who committed a great amount of sins but was forgiven would not get to be in the same spot as mother Teresa, etc). So some would argue that good people went to heaven, just not the VIP section

*The majority of people who believe Revelations is still to come, believe that as of now, not one soul is in Heaven or Hell, but something akin to hotel lobbies, and that until the final Judgment, no one shall enter either, and based on what goes down during the Apocalypse, you could work your way either into Heaven or Hell.

*xxxs believe that if someone is righteous in the eyes of the Lord, and basically follows all the commandments on their own, they can make their way into heaven.

*Many protestants believe that since God knew Jesus would always die for our sins, Jesus's death was as good for people that were born before him, as the people born after him, and basically that if you were righteous youwould go to heaven, or that god would contact you in his own way, (Egypts bout of monotheism pre Israelites)

*ARMENIANS believe that when Jesus died, for the 3 days he was dead, he went to hell, b/c since the sins of the world were placed on his shoulders, he had to pay for them. And while he was doing his penance in hell, he preached to all those that were there, and those that chose to believe were saved.

** Armenians beliefs would seem to be contradicted by Jesus's remarks to the man who was also crucified on the same day (today you shall be with me in paradise) however, if Jesus is God than he can be in two or more places at once, so the statement does not contradict
                Last edited by ara87; 10-17-2009, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
                  IS JESUS GOD..?

While the prophecies from what I gather do not specificly mention that Jesus would be something more than just a Messiah, such as God incarnate, there are many verses where Jesus claims to be.

In John 8:57-59 (King James Version)

57 Then said the xxxs unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

John 12:44-46 (New King James Version)

44 Then Jesus cried out and said, “He who believes in Me, believes not in Me, but in Him who sent Me. 45 And he who sees Me, sees Him who sent Me. 46 I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness.

John 13:12-14 (King James Version)

12So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?

13Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.

14If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

John 14:6-9 (King James Version)

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

8Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PEOPLE THAT DIED BEFORE JESUS CAME?

*First off, Heaven and Hell are not black and white. There are those who believe that their are levels, (so say a person who committed a great amount of sins but was forgiven would not get to be in the same spot as mother Teresa, etc). So some would argue that good people went to heaven, just not the VIP section

*The majority of people who believe Revelations is still to come, believe that as of now, not one soul is in Heaven or Hell, but something akin to hotel lobbies, and that until the final Judgment, no one shall enter either, and based on what goes down during the Apocalypse, you could work your way either into Heaven or Hell.

*xxxs believe that if someone is righteous in the eyes of the Lord, and basically follows all the commandments on their own, they can make their way into heaven.

*Many protestants believe that since God knew Jesus would always die for our sins, Jesus's death was as good for people that were born before him, as the people born after him, and basically that if you were righteous youwould go to heaven, or that god would contact you in his own way, (Egypts bout of monotheism pre Israelites)

*ARMENIANS believe that when Jesus died, for the 3 days he was dead, he went to hell, b/c since the sins of the world were placed on his shoulders, he had to pay for them. And while he was doing his penance in hell, he preached to all those that were there, and those that chose to believe were saved.

** Armenians beliefs would seem to be contradicted by Jesus's remarks to the man who was also crucified on the same day (today you shall be with me in paradise) however, if Jesus is God than he can be in two or more places at once, so the statement does not contradict

Isnt that great about religion, i mean even when you contradict yourself you can claim your not contradicting yourself.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

btw guys post on topic. The topic is me, answering questions about Christianity, and also a bit on Judaism and Islam. Thus immature responses in which the poster thinks they're funny as **** or even posts about what Dante thought are irrelevant.

Stay on topic

This isn't about whether it's true or not, it's about learning about something you don't know, if you don't care about learning anything from this thread then don't partake in it
                    Last edited by ara87; 10-17-2009, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X