Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Is this the end of the Diaspora?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this the end of the Diaspora?

Originally posted by Kasa View Post
    Instead of complaining that Armenia is only a satellite state of Russia and it is a waste of time to go there, why not go there and try to change things? That's what even ARF is now proposing, a diaspora based political party; they are calling, as you probably know, for a peaceful campaign to replace the government of the Armenia.

That's, my friend and friends, how it is done. Be it ARF or any other political organization and party, that's how one effects change in a government one doesn't think is perusing the right policies, by living in that country, and participating in it's political process and peacefully bring about change and betterment.

But first you have to live, and more, be a citizen of that country.
    I would like to see a party... any party take down the Democratic or Republican party in the USA politically and peacefully. Take a look at the formation of a new government in Afghanistan or Iraq. Every state is formed through violence and there is no such thing as a "peaceful" revolution unless it's supported by an entity with lots of threats and firepower. Unless we move back to Armenia with an army of our own, we won't make a dent into the existing policies.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

People will always find excuses to not move back to Armenia. I say f*ck them, I now understand why Armenian thinks so poorly of the Diaspora. People either do not care about being Armenian, or they are like some of the characters who post here, always talking about this or that needs to change without thinking of practical ways they can make a contribution. Assimilate away!
      Last edited by Armanen; 10-27-2009, 05:28 PM.
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Once again the opinions and ideas expressed by KandaHye are mind-blowing, out of this world. You may want to put down that game console and pay attention to what's going on in the world. Not everything in the world can be explained like a video game.

Afghanistan and Iraq!? Two extreme examples. These two countries have been in a state of war, chaos and violence for years now. They are anything but an average country.

For every Afghanistan and Iraq there are many countries, existing in peace, having elections and governments replacing each other without war or violence. Those should serve as our examples.

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
          People will always find excuses to not move back to Armenia. I say f*ck them, I now understand why Armenian thinks so lowly of the Diaspora. People either do not care about being Armenian, or they are like some of the characters who post here, always talking about this or that needs to change without thinking of practical ways they can make a contribution. Assimilate away!
          From what I have observed, our Diaspora's efficiency in all aspects of life, be it cultural, political, economical etc., is only second to the Jewish one. This is an even more incredible feat if you take into consideration our numbers and our country's weak position on the international stage. Any other Diaspora would have evaporated in 90 years time but here we are, the majority of us Diasporans, still standing.
          Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
            From what I have observed, our Diaspora's efficiency in all aspects of life, be it cultural, political, economical etc., is only second to the Jewish one. This is an even more incredible feat if you take into consideration our numbers and our country's weak position on the international stage. Any other Diaspora would have evaporated in 90 years time but here we are, the majority of us Diasporans, still standing.

I don't disagree with this, but when I come across comments like Kanada Hyes or Alphas, it is rather sad. Of course there are a number of great examples of Diasporean Armenians doing awesome things for the Homeland, I just think at some point those who make excuses should be ignored and allowed to assimilate. I care more for quality than quantity. And I will say this again, the criticisms of Armenia are not wholly wrong (most of them at least), but when one complains and does not take action to redress those issues or at least plan to do something then what good is them complaining? This is what I constantly see from Alpha, I have yet to see one positive comment from him about Armenia. The fact that he went so far to call the modern RA not a part of historical Armenia, I meant wtf, where did he learn his Armenian history (if at all)? He is not far from ara balozian, and I wouldn't be suprised if he likes ara's garbage that some take as literature.
            For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
            to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

And I will say this again, the criticisms of Armenia are not wholly wrong (most of them at least), but when one complains and does not take action to redress those issues or at least plan to do something then what good is them complaining?.
              Dear Armanen I understand your need to defend Armenia but it is safe to say that we don't know what Alpha does or doesn't do for the Homeland. For example, in one of the threads he suggested repatriation to liberated territories. He also has repeatedly pointed out the difference between Armenia as our statehood and the ruling circles. I have not seen his dislike for the Armenian Republic, but I have seen him speak out against policies that are not for the benefit of all Armenians, including the Diaspora (which makes up the majority of the Armenian nation). Especially now, there is more frustration because of the Turkish protocols and you have to agree that the Armenian government has been completely lacking in transparency, in reaching out in any meaningful way to the Diaspora for their input, not even as far as simply informing of the ongoing process. This is bound to create very strong feelings as Serzh Sargsyan also came to find out during his "All-Armenian trip."

Armenia is home to ALL Armenians. People sometimes criticize Soviet Armenia, but compared to what we have now, Soviet Armenia did much more as weird as it may seem. Building the Genocide Memorial for the fiftieth anniversary, naming Yerevan's districts after historic Armenian cities and provinces along with many villages and towns (some had the repatriates from identical villages like Nor Hajn had Hajentsis so on), would publish (free) books of Armenian language, literature and culture in Western Armenian (using traditional orthography) and the Committee for Diaspora-Homeland would send them to Armenian Diasporan communities all over the world. There was much more idealism back then, again as weird as it may seem. Cut-throat profit driven oligarchic capitalism killed a lot of this. Finally, most of "Eastern Armenians" are completely or partially actually "Western Armenians" via their roots so much for the artificial geographic descriptive division! This is because of the "sweep" by Shah Abbas in 1604-05 only two centuries later Western Armenians and many of the forced exiles were able to return to their homes in Eastern Armenia.

Comment

The barking turk doesn’t irritate me as much as some of these self haters or so called critic. I wish Armenian was posting here to call this new formed group of trash by it’s name. Can’t forget his illustrative contributions in ara xxxikian’s thread.
                And most of the loudest barkers have absolutely no connection to Armenia and have done nothing or close to nothing for Armenia. I have seen many of this type. They have donated bag of beans in early 90s (if even that), which they keep mentioning for almost 20 years and now think they have been contributors enough to have a valuable saying. Enough is enough.

I don't disagree with this, but when I come across comments like Kanada Hyes or Alphas, it is rather sad. Of course there are a number of great examples of Diasporean Armenians doing awesome things for the Homeland, I just think at some point those who make excuses should be ignored and allowed to assimilate. I care more for quality than quantity. And I will say this again, the criticisms of Armenia are not wholly wrong (most of them at least), but when one complains and does not take action to redress those issues or at least plan to do something then what good is them complaining? This is what I constantly see from Alpha, I have yet to see one positive comment from him about Armenia. The fact that he went so far to call the modern RA not a part of historical Armenia, I meant wtf, where did he learn his Armenian history (if at all)? He is not far from ara balozian, and I wouldn't be suprised if he likes ara's garbage that some take as literature.

Comment

What's rather sad is that I haven't assimilated even though I would have been much further in life by now. My criticism is valid and constructive... I don't need to paint a rosy picture of the current state of our unity within our political circles and the so called Armenian "elite" in Armenia or the diaspora for that matter.
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

What happened when people took Stalins invitation to repatriate to "Armenia"? They were shunned by the people and persecuted by the government. How is todays "Armenia" any different? The mafia does today what the KGB did then (not that there's a difference between the two).

These are facts.

Almost all diasporans have roots in todays nation of Turkey, NOT Armenia. The only exception are those who fled Armenia since glastnost. Almost all "Hayastancis" have roots to "western Armenia" before the genocide.

These are facts, not opinions.

I'm not trying to discount what we have today. What I am saying is that there's nothing wrong with me being true to my roots and demands, regarding nationalism, and wanting the same as Monte Melkonian, Antranig Pasha, Dro and many others, which is a repatriation of Western Armenia!

Besides, Artsakh is where I'd rather go than anywhere in Hayastan.

One last thought...does my OPINION make me less Armenian? The only type of Armenian I discriminate against is the ones with a supremacy complex. Go read some Ara Baliozian for heavens sake and learn about our real history about how much of a pawn you are to propaganda...there's not enough for me to say and I'm not going to go on the offense in that regard.
                    kurtçul kangal

Comment

I would say "strong language" towards Armenians who have different opinions about the direction and future of Armenia is not called for and is WRONG no matter how you look at it.

I have not seen Alpha say something bad about Armenia, if you equate the current regime with Armenia, then guess what, you have another thing coming soon, when you are going to be sharing your living space with Turks, you will think twice about all the "great international diplomacy." They will not be the ones living with Turks, it is exactly Armenians who are in the line of fire and are expendable in their view.

Comment

Working...
                      X