Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Is this the end of the Diaspora?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this the end of the Diaspora?

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
    Aahh apachi, when people of Armenia took to the streets and raised their voices MER HOGHER@ MER HOGHER@ in 1965; those were the days when the people of Armenia were under the wonderful influence of the likes of Charents and Sevak that every other of their poems were about our lost lands of Western Armenia, Nakhichevan, Artsakh, Akhalkalak and Akhaltsekha. In those times, the Armenian people had those two wonderful and patriotic writers which they do not have it now, alas. Today, the Armenian youth after 70 years of Soviet regime who pretty much killed the patriotic spirit of most Armenians by not allowing historical books to be read in schools and elsewhere and they never allowed the people to be patriotic.
    And 4 decades later, take to the streets and raise your voices and you will get shot, or beaten up, or arrested.
    And 4 decades later, most of the "historical books to be read in schools and elsewhere" that exist are those that were published during the Soviet era, in the 1960s, 70s, and 80s - from when people cared enough about books and literature and Armenian culture to actually stand in long queues to get the latest publications hot off the presses.
    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 10-29-2009, 04:05 PM.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Kasa View Post
      Nobody said it is a easy process repatriating to Armenia. It is hard enough to move from one city to another let alone a whole country. But just because it is hard doesn't mean it can't happen. Yes, it takes sacrifice but Armenians in Armenia sacrifice also by insisting on living there and not leaving.

And it doesn't have to be absolute, one is not imprisoned after moving to Armenia, one can travel abroad, move around, etc.

The same spirit of boldness, daring, boasting and bravado that you see Armenians express, including on this forum of willing to go kill Turks left and right, and move to Western Armenian, blah blah blah, can be used to push through the difficulties and challenges of moving to Armenia and just get it done.

And to all those guys and gals who still cling to a mentality from the 19th century of "taking a sword and slashing Turks left and right", it is time to use more brains and less brawn. We have proven that we have the brawn now we have use be smart and use our brains for resolving our problems and issues, because our enemies and adversaries are getting smarter. And brains can beat muscles anytime.
      Today's world doesn't require on the front lines but politically to be savvy and the know how; unfortunately though since we didn't rule our own country for 70+ years during soviet times, plus Western Armenia was under turkish rule since the 12th and the 13th century; therefore we were unable to have people to be educated and gain experience in world politics. We already found it out as of late; thanks to the pre-conditions imposed by turkey in the protocols.

As far as repatriating to Armenia; I already stated in my previous posts that yes it is absolutely desirable and also imperative for some or more of Diasporans to repatriate, but not everyone can do that as I stated right above.
      Last edited by Anoush; 10-29-2009, 04:17 PM.

Comment

The problem is not that Diaspora is not willing.
        It is the complete inability or lack of desire from the Armenia’s leadership to implement initiatives to draw Diaspora to Armenia and act as a single voice for all Armenians.

Not even one stinking inspiring public message by our leaders………I know several who have sacrificed and returned bitter, but no less remain strong patriots.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Maaannnn.... you guys are all depressing me. I say we pick an island... any island and take it over!! WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!?!!!!
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by kanadahye View Post
            maaannnn.... You guys are all depressing me. I say we pick an island... Any island and take it over!! Who's with me!?!?!?!!!!
            x1......
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
              Maaannnn.... you guys are all depressing me. I say we pick an island... any island and take it over!! WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!?!!!!
              x2.......

Perhaps we should all go to Corfu and take over the turkish part of it and make it ours. We can certainly get along with our Greek brothers and they'll welcome us with open arms.
              Last edited by Anoush; 10-29-2009, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Here's an island right here:

There's about 30,000 Azeris there, so I figure about 800-900 crazy Armenians should restore the historical wrong of ethnic cleansing. Who's with me?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                kurtçul kangal

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaPapa View Post
                  Here's an island right here:

There's about 30,000 Azeris there, so I figure about 800-900 crazy Armenians should restore the historical wrong of ethnic cleansing. Who's with me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDhf8P6mSz0
                  I see you liked the video i posted
                  plus once we step into Nakichevan the 30,000 azeris will be joined with the turkish army.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaPapa View Post
                    Is that video legit about the guy being Armenian?

Comment

Nine, ABRIS! I just noticed your name there! I owe you a drink if we meet offline...I've used that video so many times on another board where the Turks always gang up on me I swear, I have dreams like that about me at the Turkish Festival in Monterey or Irvine.

Muhaha, yes, you can hear the announcer say his name I hope there's a cameraman around if I ever get into a scuffle like that

BTW, I'm not worried about the Turkish Army. Even if they risk pissing off the EU, UN, and Russia, I'll be the first in line. Hopefully by then, I'll have a special delivery strapped to me that'll leave a bad taste in their mouths for months.

It's too bad we can't collaborate with Chaldeans, Assyrians, Kurds, and even Greeks to take Nakhitchevan and make it our own neo-Ottoman colony; but I can always dream I guess
                      Last edited by AlphaPapa; 10-30-2009, 11:48 AM.
                      kurtçul kangal

Comment

Working...
                      X