Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Richard Dawkins interview with Bill O'Reilly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Dawkins interview with Bill O'Reilly

I always have to watch these videos in 30 second intervals, the blatant ignorance and smugness that comes from people like O'Reilly is way too much to handle in one take.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If you don't want to watch, here's a basic jist of the thing:

Dawkins - Science doesn't know everything yet, that doesn't mean we have to make up stories to fill in the gaps, we can simply continue to work on getting the answers.

O'Reilly - Science can't tell me how it all happened and until it does, I'm going to believe in the story of Jesus and it isn't fair to leave Jesus out of the Science class because the Science is incomplete.

Re: Richard Dawkins interview with Bill O'Reilly

O'Reilly is a fascist douche.... and Dawkins is a fascist douche.... they deserve each other.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
      O'Reilly is a fascist douche.... and Dawkins is a fascist douche.... they deserve each other.
      Well said!
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

What makes Dawkins a "fascist douche" exactly? His logical abilities and contributions to science? What lame rhetoric. Give me break.

Comment

Originally posted by Stark Evade View Post
          What makes Dawkins a "fascist douche" exactly? His logical abilities and contributions to science? What lame rhetoric. Give me break.
          Kanada likes to throw that word around. According to him, I'm a fascist too. He dislikes scientists.
          [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
          -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

The word fascist is intended to mean "oppressive", "intolerant", "chauvinist", "genocidal", "dictatorial", "racist", or "aggressive" – all concepts that are at least loosely inspired by the ideology of actual fascism.

It's really another word for "bully". Dawkins is as intolerant as they come and I wouldn't doubt it if O'Reilly has ties to the IRA.
            I will prevail. I will seek justice. I will leave a footprint in this God forsaken world. I am Armenian.

Comment

Dawkins is a militant Atheist meaning he wants to attack and criticise religion, he wishes religion did not exist aka he wants to "rock the boat", he is the opposing force to militant theism that wants to kill or stone to death all non-believers.

Then there are Secular forces usually supported by minority religious groups, agnostics and most atheists that want separation of church and state and to tolerate each others ideologies/beliefs.

Dawkins only represents a small percentage of Atheists, but he is perhaps the most vocal and controversial which is why that Fox chooses him over Secularists (not a single Secularist voice has been given a chance on Fox or American media so far I think)

Comment

Dawkins sounds like a mental midget if you look at his point of views. He doesn't understand the complexities of the world (or he does and just writes in an ignorant fashion to appeal to his readers) He sounds as naive and unworldly as any happy clappy believer.

In his book "The God Delusion" he wrote simplistic statements like

'Imagine with John Lennon a world with no religion'

'Imagine no suicide bombers, no 9/11, no 7/7, no Crusades, no witch-hunts, no Gunpowder plot, no Indian partition, no Israeli/Palestinian wars, no Serb/Croat/Muslim massacres, no persecution of xxxs, etc, etc."

Many of these clashes – over the Palestinian state, or in Northern Ireland, for instance – are originally secular struggles that have, with the degradation of politics, come to appear as religious struggle. Suicide bombings are not a religious phenomenon - the tactic was pioneered by the secular Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka. It's war for the poor man.
                I will prevail. I will seek justice. I will leave a footprint in this God forsaken world. I am Armenian.

Comment

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post
                  Dawkins is a militant Atheist meaning he wants to attack and criticise religion, he wishes religion did not exist aka he wants to "rock the boat", he is the opposing force to militant theism that wants to kill or stone to death all non-believers.

Then there are Secular forces usually supported by minority religious groups, agnostics and most atheists that want separation of church and state and to tolerate each others ideologies/beliefs.

Dawkins only represents a small percentage of Atheists, but he is perhaps the most vocal and controversial which is why that Fox chooses him over Secularists (not a single Secularist voice has been given a chance on Fox or American media so far I think)
                  The word militant is misapplied to atheists. Are they on par with militant fundi christians or militant fundi islamists?
                  No... The word militant means something completely different in those contexts and so it is inappropriate to apply to atheists.
                  Even the most outspoken of all, like Dawkins, what does he do? Give talks? Write books? Ooooh noes!!!!!
                  [sarcasm ] That's exactly like a suicide bomber. [/ sarcasm]

Originally posted by HyeClown View Post
                  Dawkins sounds like a mental midget if you look at his point of views. He doesn't understand the complexities of the world (or he does and just writes in an ignorant fashion to appeal to his readers) He sounds as naive and unworldly as any happy clappy believer.

In his book "The God Delusion" he wrote simplistic statements like

'Imagine with John Lennon a world with no religion'

'Imagine no suicide bombers, no 9/11, no 7/7, no Crusades, no witch-hunts, no Gunpowder plot, no Indian partition, no Israeli/Palestinian wars, no Serb/Croat/Muslim massacres, no persecution of xxxs, etc, etc."

Many of these clashes – over the Palestinian state, or in Northern Ireland, for instance – are originally secular struggles that have, with the degradation of politics, come to appear as religious struggle. Suicide bombings are not a religious phenomenon - the tactic was pioneered by the secular Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka. It's war for the poor man.
                  Have you read the book? Or are you just pulling a couple lines that someone else noted?

You're going to pick out two conflicts and then call him a mental midget on that basis? That's absurd.
                  [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                  -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post

Have you read the book? Or are you just pulling a couple lines that someone else noted?

You're going to pick out two conflicts and then call him a mental midget on that basis? That's absurd.
                    No I haven't read the book but I find his views narrow minded. I've read many reviews and comments and discussions on the internet. Has he read the Bible? The Koran? The Torah? What are his reasons for preaching his beliefs?

Comment

Working...
                    X