Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

All things related to Hryastan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All things related to Hryastan

The recent Israeli attack on "aid ships" from Turkey generated international condemnation and protest, as if all protests were prepared prior to the ships' approach to Israeli waters.

Turkish officials hurried to call the event a "bloody massacre" (which quite frankly is a blatant exaggeration) when only 4 Turkish lives were lost among 9 deaths. However, many hurried to remind its readers of the Armenian genocide :

Should we accept the use of this argument against Turkey? Armenia seems to have no problem with the Israeli actions as I have seen no official reaction.

Comment

delete
      Last edited by Davo88; 06-01-2010, 06:51 PM.

Comment

delete

Comment

Originally posted by Davo88 View Post
          The recent Israeli attack on "aid ships" from Turkey generated international condemnation and protest, as if all protests were prepared prior to the ships' approach to Israeli waters.

Turkish officials hurried to call the event a "bloody massacre" (which quite frankly is a blatant exaggeration) when only 4 Turkish lives were lost among 9 deaths. However, many hurried to remind its readers of the Armenian genocide :

Should we accept the use of this argument against Turkey? Armenia seems to have no problem with the Israeli actions as I have seen no official reaction.
          The author of that link is full of crap. This incident is not a isolated one. Isreal has a long history of unprovoked massacres and even setting up false flag operations and blaming the palastinians or whoever it wants to justify its unlawful actions. Turcky is in the right to be pissed off but indeed it is acting like a hypocrit because it has done and still does the same crap itself. I do not like the use of our misery to justify the misery of others. Using the genocide as a weapon to carry out another massacre is very wrong and i for one have a problem with it. Should the genocide be recognized for this reason it will be a hollow victory for us for which our anca will be more then happy to take credit for eventhough they had nothing to do with it.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            The author of that link is full of crap. This incident is not a isolated one. Isreal has a long history of unprovoked massacres and even setting up false flag operations and blaming the palastinians or whoever it wants to justify its unlawful actions. Turcky is in the right to be pissed off but indeed it is acting like a hypocrit because it has done and still does the same crap itself. I do not like the use of our misery to justify the misery of others. Using the genocide as a weapon to carry out another massacre is very wrong and i for one have a problem with it. Should the genocide be recognized for this reason it will be a hollow victory for us for which our anca will be more then happy to take credit for eventhough they had nothing to do with it.
            Agree!

Barbaric acts of Israeli soldiers, Holocaust victims, anti-Semitism!

Anti-Semitic and racist messages are pouring into my mailbox. “Turkey should do what Hitler could not achieve,” one message says. “God has always punished perverted societies like Israel,” say another.

One other message says, “Say stop to this murderer and monstrous society which is deprived of dignity and honor,” and the angry remarks continue like that.
            Nothing can justify racism. Do not forget, some declared Turkey a “barbaric nation” because of what some soldiers did to Kurds in southeastern Turkey or for what the Ittihadist regime did to Armenians. When you start making these kinds of sweeping generalizations about a nation, you are becoming nothing but a racist yourself.

When Kurds were butchered in the Southeast, I was fighting for justice for the Kurds. I am not a Kurd by ethnicity. During my whole career as a human rights defender, I have always been inspired by a number of xxxish human rights defenders and peace activists. I am deeply impressed with their heroic struggle with their own government. Putting aside all these people and their efforts and stigmatizing a whole nation because of some barbaric acts by some governments and security forces is not only racism but also a great injustice to all these people who fight for justice. You cannot create justice out of this injustice you committed.

When it comes to what happened on Monday on the Turkish ships and others carrying humanitarian aid to Gaza, I would like say a few words to the Israeli government. You denied Noam Chomsky entry to your territory yesterday; today you attacked unarmed civilians and killed them in international waters. Did you really think that you would manage to make the whole world believe your lies, to turn a blind eye to your barbaric acts? Do you really believe you can cover up all the injustice you have committed against Palestinians with other unjust acts? Do you really believe you will silence the whole world with these kinds of ugly shows? Do not forget, you are the government of a nation who suffered from horrendous crimes against humanity. When you are doing injustice to the Palestinians or to the people who try to defend their rights, you do the greatest injustice to the memory of all the victims of the Holocaust. You make them invisible, you make them silent; in all this mess you create, humanity can no longer hear their whispers for justice. You just help Holocaust deniers and anti-Semitics all over the world.

I condemn this barbaric act of the government of Israel; I condemn all the racists and anti-Semites in Turkey and all around the world. I believe these fascists in Israel, in Turkey and elsewhere in the world are brothers. And we are all brothers too: Holocaust and genocide victims, Palestinians, xxxs and Turks who do believe in justice and human rights.

For those of you who would like a taste of being an advocate of human rights in the face of adversaries, please see Professor Norman Finkelstein’s video (http://vimeo.com/10788855), in which he gave a lesson to a “passive aggressive” lady who tried to use her “tears” and the “Holocaust card” against him. All anti-Semites should see this video and ask themselves if they have ever fought for “other’s rights” like this xxxish professor did for Palestinians.

http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/co...-semitism.html

Comment

Finkelstein's name comes up a lot when you look for critics of injustice. I would like to read his book if i ever get the time for it.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Dont the xxxs have the right to have a homeland?In matter of fact there ancient one that they were expelled from?
                Just let those arabs a there tiny portion of land and see what can they do with it..period.
                By supporting the arabs u deny the fact of Israeli right to be..
                And if you say they (Palestinians)are ancient nation..well they are no exist eny more they are bastardised nation they are more arabs now...not in USA way but in Muslim way..if you know what i mean..

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
                  Dont the xxxs have the right to have a homeland?In matter of fact there ancient one that they were expelled from?
                  Just let those arabs a there tiny portion of land and see what can they do with it..period.
                  And if you say they (Palestinians)are ancient nation..well they are no exist eny more they are bastardised nation they are more arabs now...not in USA way but in Muslim way..if you know what i mean..
                  The flaw in this argument is that you assume that it is a either or deal but in reality that is not the case. Both the palastinians and xxxs can have their own land in a two state solution which will cost isreal absolutely nothing and will bring peace to the region. Everytime a two state deal was close to being made Isreal sabatoged it time after time. This means that isreal is neither planing on a one nor two state solution, it simply plans on making the palastinians as miserable as possible so they leave and hrias take over. It is not about Isreals existence, its about dominating the region with a zionist superpower. As for the last statement i will simply say that if you think judaism is somehow better then islam then you are mistaken here as well. I would argue thats judaism's endorsement of narcistic behavior has far more damadging consequences for humanity then the conformety thought after in islam. I hardly endorse either religion nor any religion at all but i will simply say that the assumption that the hrias are better then the muslim arabs is simply erroneous.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

The same thing can be said about the current non-recognition. If Israel and the US do not recognize the genocide, it does not necessarily mean that the ANCA has not done enough work.

And I don't necessarily agree with the generalization of the Cypriot, Kurdish, and Armenian issues with Turkey because the latter is unique and graver.

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
                      Zionist propaganda... first you need to know how Israel came to be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gaMNApYKtU

They were never expelled from modern day Palestine, the Zionists that occupy "Israel" have no proof that they are occupying ancestral land.
                      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Working...
                      X