Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Religion and Atheism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Religion and Atheism

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    Are you claiming that people are "forced" to engage in perverted acts by some uncontrollable force?
    Does some uncontrollable force make you want to engage in the "non-perverted" version of those acts with women?
    Please tell me about when and how you made the conscious decision to be attracted to women.
    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
      Does some uncontrollable force make you want to engage in the "non-perverted" version of those acts with women?
      I'm sure science can back up the fact that there are health risks to sticking body parts in fecal matter.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Please tell me about when and how you made the conscious decision to be attracted to women.
        Well it all started with these two blonde twins on the playground when I was three...
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I'm sure science can back up the fact that there are health risks to sticking body parts in fecal matter.
          What are you trying to say? Because it's a health risk it couldn't be biological?

Who claimed we were perfectly designed? If anything this is an argument against creation. It's also poor design to have the urinary tract so close to fecal matter, Or to have sex organs right next to the waste system, breathing and eating in the same hole (choking hazard), etc.

Does it being riskier mean that it can't be biological?
          Bipolars, when manic, tend to engage in risky behavior, does this mean they chose to be bipolar?
          [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

What are you trying to say? Because it's a health risk it couldn't be biological?

Who claimed we were perfectly designed? If anything this is an argument against creation. It's also poor design to have the urinary tract so close to fecal matter, Or to have sex organs right next to the waste system, breathing and eating in the same hole (choking hazard), etc.

Does it being riskier mean that it can't be biological?
            Bipolars, when manic, tend to engage in risky behavior, does this mean they chose to be bipolar?
            Henry Ford Dies, Goes To Heaven
            Henry Ford dies and goes to heaven. At the Gates, St. Peter greets Ford and tells him, "Well, you've been such a good guy, and your invention ... the Assembly line for the automobile ... changed the world. As a reward, you can hang out with anyone in Heaven you want."

Ford thinks about it, and says, "I want to hang out with God Himself." So the befuddled St. Peter takes Ford to the Throne Room, and introduces him to God.

Ford asks God, "When you invented Woman, what were you thinking?"

God asks, "What do you mean?"

"Well," says Ford, "You have some major design flaws in your invention:
            1. There's too much front-end protrusion.
            2. It chatters way too much at high speeds.
            3. Maintenance is extremely high.
            4. It constantly needs repainting and refinishing.
            5. Every 28 days it leaks fluid and is rendered out of service.
            6. The rear end wobbles too much.
            7. The intake is placed too close to the exhaust.
            8. The headlights are usually too small.
            9. Fuel consumption is outrageous.

"Hummmm," replies God, "hold on a minute."

God goes over to the Celestial Supercomputer, types in a few keystrokes, and waits for the results. In no time, the computer prints out a report and God reads it. God then turns to Ford, and says, "It may be that my invention is flawed, but according to these statistics, more men are riding my invention than yours."

Comment

Henry Ford Dies, Goes To Heaven
              Henry Ford dies and goes to heaven. At the Gates, St. Peter greets Ford and tells him, "Well, you've been such a good guy, and your invention ... the Assembly line for the automobile ... changed the world. As a reward, you can hang out with anyone in Heaven you want."

Ford thinks about it, and says, "I want to hang out with God Himself." So the befuddled St. Peter takes Ford to the Throne Room, and introduces him to God.

Ford asks God, "When you invented Woman, what were you thinking?"

God asks, "What do you mean?"

"Well," says Ford, "You have some major design flaws in your invention:
              1. There's too much front-end protrusion.
              2. It chatters way too much at high speeds.
              3. Maintenance is extremely high.
              4. It constantly needs repainting and refinishing.
              5. Every 28 days it leaks fluid and is rendered out of service.
              6. The rear end wobbles too much.
              7. The intake is placed too close to the exhaust.
              8. The headlights are usually too small.
              9. Fuel consumption is outrageous.

"Hummmm," replies God, "hold on a minute."

God goes over to the Celestial Supercomputer, types in a few keystrokes, and waits for the results. In no time, the computer prints out a report and God reads it. God then turns to Ford, and says, "It may be that my invention is flawed, but according to these statistics, more men are riding my invention than yours."
              You haven't posted a serious reply to my post. Funny joke, but used here and without addressing my points, it looks like a distraction tactic.

Comment

You haven't posted a serious reply to my post. Funny joke, but used here and without addressing my points, it looks like a distraction tactic.
                The joke is thinking a man doesn't know the difference between sex organs and has no control over his actions. Your argument seems to convey the message that we are mindless beings that can't control ourselves. HayotzAmrotz already covered this.

Comment

This goes absolutely to the core of the matter. The religious for some reason love to focus on the physical aspects of sex (calling it wrong, perverted, etc). Homosexuality goes far far faaaaaar beyond just a physical act. People commit to each other and live their entire lives in homosexual relationships. That cannot be simply because of the act of sex.

And now from a more practical perspective ... I definitely don't understand the gay male mind at all. I have 0 such desires (of doing exactly what you said). But never the less, there are males that are attracted to other males and there are females that are attracted to other females and it neither starts nor stops with sex organs.
                  this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by HayotzAmrotz View Post
                    Humans are the only mammals that can think, which means that they are the only ones that can make an informed decision, a conscious choice.
                    I am not sure if you are serious here or not. If you are serious, I would ask if you have ever had a cat as pet. I know my cat definitely has me trained very well to do what she wants me to do so either I am stupid, or she is pretty damn smart.
                    this post = teh win.

Comment

... Or to have sex organs right next to the waste system, breathing and eating in the same hole (choking hazard), etc.
                      I think I read that sentence waaay too fast and sort of jumped from start to end and totally got confused ... made me do a double take and read it carefully again.
                      this post = teh win.

Comment

Working...
                      X