Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Religion and Atheism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Religion and Atheism

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post
    Selfishness and Greed is not evil, only the excesses.

All people are inherently selfish or we couldn't exist (caring for your own health such as eating food is selfish), achieving things for yourself is selfish but without such selfish natures we would have been without Thomas Edison and many other industrialists and inventors.

Stalin hated the fact people were too individualistic so dedicated a lot of research in the USSR to finding how to collectivise humanity and make it more like dogs and other animals that could be easily controlled. To suggest that selfishness is wrong is to adopt Stalin's ideological system for humanity, that individualism must be destroyed.

As for Greed, again it is a matter of excess. People can have greed to be wealthy, powerful or to strengthen themselves or their country.

In both Greed and Selfishness however its when you do so at the expense of others and in violation of other people's rights that Greed and Selfishness can become evil.
    Have you ever seen a monkey hoard all the bananas in the world just so it can have a banana monopoly?
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
      Have you ever seen a monkey hoard all the bananas in the world just so it can have a banana monopoly?
      Monkey's share a lot of genes with us but they aren't human, and I am sure that monkeys do hoard the banana's. When they did a test with other animals in the wild, and feed them with fruit and then stopped feeding them the animals turned on each other and hoarded the food.

Comment

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post
        Monkey's share a lot of genes with us but they aren't human, and I am sure that monkeys do hoard the banana's. When they did a test with other animals in the wild, and feed them with fruit and then stopped feeding them the animals turned on each other and hoarded the food.
        Animals when living under conditions of freedom don't exhibit these behaviours. They only consume what they require to survive. As soon as they are domesticated, they become fat and lazy. Possibly a result of depression from being oppressed? Or maybe they learn from people?
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
          Animals when living under conditions of freedom don't exhibit these behaviours. They only consume what they require to survive. As soon as they are domesticated, they become fat and lazy. Possibly a result of depression from being oppressed? Or maybe they learn from people?
          That's true, domestication is the problem in most cases. Though these days very few animals have conditions of freedom, especially with global deforestation and destruction of their natural habitats.

Comment

Animals are more complex then you guys seem to think. They have a wide range of behavior and pretty much everything we humans do and feel they do and feel as well. Selfishness, jelousy, murder, compassion even alturism and suicide are observable behaviours already documented. We humans are animals to (despite what religion tells you) and it is not a big surprise that we share so many characteristics with other animals. Environmental conditions can greatly effect human and animal behaviour and the study done on newly discovered tribes of people shows how money can totally change behaviour of the whole society-mainly in a negative way.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
              Animals are more complex then you guys seem to think. They have a wide range of behavior and pretty much everything we humans do and feel they do and feel as well. Selfishness, jelousy, murder, compassion even alturism and suicide are observable behaviours already documented. We humans are animals to (despite what religion tells you) and it is not a big surprise that we share so many characteristics with other animals. Environmental conditions can greatly effect human and animal behaviour and the study done on newly discovered tribes of people shows how money can totally change behaviour of the whole society-mainly in a negative way.
              Exactly what does religion tell you? And which religion are you referring to? You give voice to animal rights activists who have created an environment where animals are treated more humanely than people.

Comment

All religions tell you basicly the same crap. It is funny that you mention animal rights while i am loading up my shotgun to go deer hunting. As i have mentioned many times before rights are earned and protected by strength and should animals one day have such strength they will have such rights to. I believe in biodiversity but that is not the same thing as supporting animal rights. I happen to think i have the right to kill and eat animals and i practice this right by fishing and hunting but i also believe in preserving nature so i dont litter, destroy habitat, kill engangered animals... No one will give you your rights, you have to earn it by being smart and strong (some luck never hurts either).
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

All religions tell you basicly the same crap. It is funny that you mention animal rights while i am loading up my shotgun to go deer hunting. As i have mentioned many times before rights are earned and protected by strength and should animals one day have such strength they will have such rights to. I believe in biodiversity but that is not the same thing as supporting animal rights. I happen to think i have the right to kill and eat animals and i practice this right by fishing and hunting but i also believe in preserving nature so i dont litter, destroy habitat, kill engangered animals... No one will give you your rights, you have to earn it by being smart and strong (some luck never hurts either).
                  Are you going to actually bring back some venison or just get liquored up and shoot one of your hunting buddies?

Comment

i am loading up my shotgun to go deer hunting.
                    Sorry for spoiling it for you but, nobody will go for deer hunting with a shotgun. a cannon maybe would be more convenient?

Comment

I am going wo liquer and by myself. Since using rifles is not allowed in this part of the state i have no choice but to use a shotgun, i am opting for sluggs rather then pellets. My wife makes great chillie and venison is perfect for it so i hope i will get lucky and fill my freezer with something other then fish for a change. I wonder if opening a thread on outdoor activities would be a good idea.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X